This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Or if it worked agaisnt the Priors since they are only alive because of the Ori, right? I think there are some unsolved questions, it certainly seems like it affects dead living tissue if you know what i mean..
    So if you killed someone, the sarcofagus or telchak device reanimated them and the radiation was keeping them alive (i think that is a great explaination by the way so you get green) and then shot them with the disruptor..it should kill them.
    Maybe its specific to the Telchak device because it was much more powerfull than a regular sarcofagus. You might be able to calibrate it to affect Sarcofogus "radiation" then it would kill Goauld or people like Daniel and possible even Prior because thier staff healing seems like the Telchak device on a larger scale. Hmm.
    I don't think it will work against a Prior since thats genetic alteration while the sarcophagus technology is a lot more about using certain types of energy, radiation. The sarcophagus technology possibly just reanimates the body to the point where it can function again. Its basically like life support... get the body where it can function without assistance. While the Kull.. no life so can't possibly sustain itself without that essential energy. Thats the why I see it.

(i think that is a great explaination by the way so you get green)
    Thank you

As for Earth versus the many alien menaces well in the end I think Earth is just lucky.

Against the Jaffa, well their main problem I think is that their weapons are a weapon of terror and not practical. Don't get me wrong, staff weapons can be used very effectively as seen by Teal'c and those Jaffa under Apophis when he met the Replicators but that requires years of training. While Earth has the opposite approach... train and then send to war. Jaffa do it simulaneously. Ori trooper are fresh men so no idea how they will do. Wraith, I think what really gets them dead is that stunner don't kill so a lot of chances for the enemy to kill them. But yeah, geurilla tactics work well against an enemy army.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Plus Our weapons and troops must have killed well over a thousand enemy troops and there are only 80-100 of them maximum that have ever gone through the gate, imagine if the US, instead of putting more troops in to iraq sent all of them on a ground war agaisnt the Ori or the Wraith...we would kill everything, 3000 troops i believe, imagine if we took them agaisnt an enemy, a real force of Earth troops, invasion force scale, would just overwhealm anyone IMO, and if we did that, i think that very few enemies would try adn attack us by foot again. If we got decent ships to back up our troops or some more PJ's, there wouldt just be no stopping us..
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Jacob did say that it reversed the life giving energy given by the chak device. If someone didnt recieve the life giving energy i guess it wouldnt do anything.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The only thing worse than a Kull Warrior is Adria in Kull warrior armor because she would be in the armor and have the personal shield.
          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Plus Our weapons and troops must have killed well over a thousand enemy troops and there are only 80-100 of them maximum that have ever gone through the gate, imagine if the US, instead of putting more troops in to iraq sent all of them on a ground war agaisnt the Ori or the Wraith...we would kill everything, 3000 troops i believe, imagine if we took them agaisnt an enemy, a real force of Earth troops, invasion force scale, would just overwhealm anyone IMO, and if we did that, i think that very few enemies would try adn attack us by foot again. If we got decent ships to back up our troops or some more PJ's, there wouldt just be no stopping us..

No, our small number is what makes us win everytime; our teams are more-or-less inconspicuous. If you have a massive ground army, then the enemy will just blast at us from orbit.

Comment

A few guys can hide in trees and take on a larger number of people. 300,000 guys with tanks can't.

Comment

Working...
              X