This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kull distruptor and humans?

The Kull disruptor as we know it takes away the life giving energy of a Sarcofagus or Telchak type Device. This was used primarily against the Kull warriors because they were animated in a lab by said device. We found the Origional and the Tokra developed a weapon from it.
    what happens if you are Human, Jaffa or Goauld and get shot by the Device. You would die right? The device takes away Life from the Kull warriors, or the process by which it was given life. So theorettically anything that is alive could have their life taken away, or if you a goauld or someone like Daniel who has used the Sacofagus or been exposed to the telchak healign device, your life was given and our Kull weapon is designed to take that away.
    Could we engineer an energy weapon from this, our first real energy weapon, one that takes away life, literally. I was thinking that although the Kull warriors are no longer a threat, if the technology does work by taking away life then it could be very effective agaisnt the wraith. It could also be modified to take away whatever life Hive ships have, our first powerfull energy weapon.

Could we create energy weapons from the Kull disruptor??
    Immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

i thought the wepon gave them a heart attack beacuse they are of poor design and the shot was like being electricuted and over loaded there heart
    sigpic
    Sig For Me!

Comment

No the Kull were poorly made so the human body wasnt able to continue functioning, leaving the symbiote to keep the body alive, the Kull's were grown in to humans in a lab, with all thier lungs heart enlarged and then they were given life by the Telchak device whilst they were fully grown, then implanted with a symbiote and given armour.
      The Kull disruptor "disrupted" that process of creation by taking away the Life which was given to the engineered host by the Telchak device.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

I don't think it is some sort of 'death ray', it just disrupts the Kull tech, killing the warriors, I doubt anything would happen if a Human got shot with it.

Comment

Nothing happens if you shoot a regular person. Remember Daniel shot Vala in the Kull armor and nothing happened to her.

AGT58

Comment

Oh yeah i remember that, ok that kinda clears this up lol, because she was a goauld and has been in the sarcofagus etc so if it did kill humans or Goauld then it would have then..but still we might be able to modify it to make it kill regular humans and create a death blaster.
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
              Nothing happens if you shoot a regular person. Remember Daniel shot Vala in the Kull armor and nothing happened to her.

AGT58
              ur right he shot her twice infact
              sigpic

Comment

the ultimate kull warrior suit would have inertial dampners built in, if memory serves that was their main weakness, that and the no air thing. with that they could be thrown out of ships and still land and be functionable
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post

AGT58
                  Yes but that was with a zat. What would happen if you shot a normal person without any armour wiuth the Kull distruptor. It must have some effect since it still high powered energy. Maybe it will just hurt or give you a heart attack.
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I think it would either kill a human or give him/her really bad intergestion (sp)

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

If that is true, and the disruptor has no effect against humans when they wear it. Why hasn't the SGC taken this technology and adapted it to wear as body armor? (If this has been mentioned in other threads, I'm sorry haven't seen it.) If can stop everything except darts, sounds like the best armor out there.

: Green is Good.
                      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Remember that the Kull warriors were essentially dead organic matter that were given 'unnatural' life by the technology of Telchaks device. So, I would think that the disruptor does not work on regular living beings because such beings had life already while the Kull's unnatural lifespan is disrupted by the weapon itself. I would say, perhaps, that some form of radiation field remains in the Kull warriors cells that keep it going which the disruptor removes and returns the dead thing back to being... well... dead. Just my thought on it.

Plus, as already mentioned, Vala survived two blasts from the disruptor with no effect on her. Didnt even tickle....

What would be interesting to know is whether the Kull disruptor works against zombified human who the Priors have 'cursed'.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Or if it worked agaisnt the Priors since they are only alive because of the Ori, right? I think there are some unsolved questions, it certainly seems like it affects dead living tissue if you know what i mean..
                          So if you killed someone, the sarcofagus or telchak device reanimated them and the radiation was keeping them alive (i think that is a great explaination by the way so you get green) and then shot them with the disruptor..it should kill them.
                          Maybe its specific to the Telchak device because it was much more powerfull than a regular sarcofagus. You might be able to calibrate it to affect Sarcofogus "radiation" then it would kill Goauld or people like Daniel and possible even Prior because thier staff healing seems like the Telchak device on a larger scale. Hmm.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

If that is true, and the disruptor has no effect against humans when they wear it. Why hasn't the SGC taken this technology and adapted it to wear as body armor? (If this has been mentioned in other threads, I'm sorry haven't seen it.) If can stop everything except darts, sounds like the best armor out there.
                            never going to happen .
                            for the same reason we've never been able to build energy weapons it would pretty much make us invincible .
                            with the kull armour the wraith or ori soldiers would stand no chance against us .it would take only a couple of our soldiers to stand there in front of an army and still win .

Comment

Yeah our military forces are already far superior on the Ground to all of our enemies, the Jaffa and Ori and Wraith are not able to take us down without vastly superior numbers, one on one i dont think anyone has won against us and we have taken on massive amounts of troops. Our geurrilla style of warfare has shown us to be very good soldiers and if we actually went in with the full force of marines or soldiers then i dont think any force of Jaffa could stop us. if you add our weapons and training and tactical skill to Kull armour then there would be no way we could ever lose to anyone.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X