Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient Warship VS Ori Warship! Who would win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    Doesn't mean they're rail guns, they're likely just the standard high calibre guns you get on modern fighters.
    Maybe. Listen to them fire it. the CGI department used the same sound effect for the Deadules railguns and 302 guns. kind of odd.
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Ancient Warship VS Ori Warship!
      The Ancient warsips were created before the Ancients ascended where as the Ori (as far as we know) designed their ship while in the ascended form.
      That surely has to be taken into account.
      Personally I've got a feeling the Anicent warship might, just about, win.
      Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
        The Ancient warsips were created before the Ancients ascended where as the Ori (as far as we know) designed their ship while in the ascended form.
        That surely has to be taken into account.
        Personally I've got a feeling the Anicent warship might, just about, win.
        Yeah people seem to be forgetting that the knowledge which created the Ori ships is far more advanced than that which created the Aurora-class ships.

In Undending, a ZPM-powered Odessey - with latest Asgard tech - struggled against the Ori.

I reckon it will be a case of whoever can hit first basically; both the Auroras and Ori ships have top notch shields, and both have insane firepower. A ZPM-powered Aurora would probably edge it.

Remember though - as the Ori know "everything" now - their power core is probably even better than a ZPM!
        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

the one thing i really hate about the toiletbowl cruisers, is the fact that their main weapon is relativly slow fireing and you have to turn the entire ship to aim. that makes avoiding really easy. an aurora would just stay out of beam range, and fire a 3000-drone volley, and it's about time to call the plummer.
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by IMDB
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

the thing that bugs me is that the allknowing ori built a ship capable of being defeated by the X-302. (note: X-302)

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
              the one thing i really hate about the toiletbowl cruisers, is the fact that their main weapon is relativly slow fireing and you have to turn the entire ship to aim. that makes avoiding really easy. an aurora would just stay out of beam range, and fire a 3000-drone volley, and it's about time to call the plummer.
              It also takes a while to charge their energy weapons, as shown in Camelot, so time might not be on their side.
              Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

drones are like small explosions whereas the ori beams are more like thoasands times the energy

the drones will hit the shields which wont do anthing since throwing volleys of weapons fire in camelot didnt do anything and hatak weapons are far more stronger than a few drones and a oneil ship fire is greater than hataks

it will take alot of drones to destroy a ori ship i believe and the ancient ships dont have enough drones

hives can take out ancient ships depends how many hive there are fighting so the shields will drain and the ori fire beams nearly every second i dont think the shields will hold long enough for the drones to reach the ship even
                sigpic

Comment

hatak weapons are far more stronger than a few drones and a oneil ship fire is greater than hataks
                  seriously? 3 drones took out a hatak. it takes minutes of weaponfire for a ha'tak to kill a ha'tak

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    seriously? 3 drones took out a hatak. it takes minutes of weaponfire for a ha'tak to kill a ha'tak
                    I think he meant "structurally stronger". Like ramming a ha'tak on another ha'tak.
                    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

The Ori may have 'all' the knowledge of the universe but they are still limited by the fact that peasants with pre-industrial technology build their ships. The same limitation was seen with the Ori weapon satellite over Tegalus, though it did work well enough to destroy the Prometheus.
                      I'd say the Aurora should be able to take out an Ori mothership, but the Aurora would take some heavy damage.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

If they both just sat across from each other and fought, the fight would definately go to the ori. Their technology was derived from ascended beings, who know how to max out weapons, shields, and armor. Ancient warships are powerful, but were only designed by mere mortals, and the Ancient Weapons platform was only able to drive away an Ori warship in The Road not Taken. if the ships were manuevering across the battlefield, i'd favor the Ancients, since drones are homing, and overcharged plasma lances aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker View Post
                          The Ori shield has an unlimited power source. While Atlantis's shield needs a ZPM. It might be because of this that drones might not be able to pass through the Ori shield.

I'm guessing that why they went through Anubis's motherships shield is cause his shield was of Goa'uld design and the Goa'uld Hatak class motherships can be destroyed in one shot of the Ori's directed energy weapon. Even with their shields at maximum.
                          Excuse me? Unlimited energy!? since when...
                          If they had an unlimited power source they could theoretically not be bypassed/overpowered and whatnot. from what ive seen, asgard wank beams do that with ease.
                          Also, anubis' ship had ancient technology, the shields would more than likely have some ancient tech intergrated making a huge difference form a ha'tak.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Okk, to clear the air...
                            We do not now for certain that the ori ships are more advanced than the ancients..We do not now the extent of technology on either ship, only a basic analysis of weapons and some knowledge of shield strength.

Also, a term ive heard many times....."the ori are allnowing". No! They are not.
                            Daniel said himself when he was ascended the ancients are not all-knowing.

IMO, an ancient warship would obliterate an ori warship, especially when powered by a ZMP. As weve seen, a 304 (odyssey) powered by a ZPM can take multiple hits form an ori cannon, and ancient shields are considerably stronger. Drones would eventually destroy the ori ship soo..Ancient warships win.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

The secondary cannons on the ori toilet would own the auroras. The main beam would be a one or two shot kill on an aurora. If there is a zpm it'd take a few more shots. A zpm backed aurora is less than the odesesy ditto for a zpm less version of each so there is a basis for comparison. There is no reason and we've seen nothing to suggest that aurora shields are in the shield league of a 304.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                                The secondary cannons on the ori toilet would own the auroras. The main beam would be a one or two shot kill on an aurora. If there is a zpm it'd take a few more shots. A zpm backed aurora is less than the odesesy ditto for a zpm less version of each so there is a basis for comparison.
                                Any proof of this? Drones would own the Ori before it got a chance to let loose with its beam canon.

It would be far from a one or two shot kill anyway, we've seen battered and 10,000 year old Aurora's can take decent beatings from Wraith Hives and then destroy them in seconds. A fully powered and 100% Ancient warship would destroy an Ori ship.

With a ZPM then its a sure win against the Odyssesy as well IMO.
                                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                                X