Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient Warship VS Ori Warship! Who would win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
    o so i am short minded now when i state an oppinion?

and you said they make misstakes? yes they do, everyone does, but: If i create something as dangerous as replicators and project arcturus (or even the dakarra device) i would destroy all these things after i ascended, in order not to harm others by what i leave behind and i would protect others from ascended forces (they should not interfere as well) like the ORII and Anubis (they could have taken them out of the picture by either fighting them like morgan does with adria or by helping "lower" beings building something like merlins weapon) this is what i realy hate the most (coupled with their arrogance) so i can't stand them (there are exceptions: Merlin, Morgan and Omaa (also i don't like her candle lighting ****, why not tell people straight how to ascend if they are worthy and then: Let them go their own way (even if the interfere on "lower" plains, as long as they don't try to conquer them))

greetings LAX
    ps: i don't like insults very much as they show how simple minded someone is because their are lots of other ways to state your oppinion or complain about someone elses oppinion
    Oh it was not an insult, just an plea to stop you from spamming your short mindedness...
    What you do not get is that they have gone past the point were they think it is needed, like i said, to them now it is unfair. All of those mistakes you have mentioned, have we not dealt with them? mistakes like anubis or the wraith are sentient beings with a body (we dont now about anubis.) meaning they are on the existence below the ancients, leading to the fact that if they interfere for any side, it gives them a much more unfair advantage over their enemy. Time and time again, people flame the ancients, btu if it was not for them, we would e frakkin stuck on earth! not discovering the wonders of the universe... to me, the rewards of exploring and discovering extemely justify the fights and struggles we have to endure. shortmindedness, its a terrible thing.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

It's probably been said here before, maybe even by me but we know Drones must have some effect against the Ori's shields as in The Rod Not Taken the alternate reality Ancient outpost fended off an Ori Cruiser.
      The only thing we don't know is just how many Drones were needed to fend off that Ori ship, but the point still stands Drones are not ineffective against Ori shields, their shields may be more resilient than most against Drones but they're not impenetrable.
      An Aurora can fire a hell of a lot of Drones in a few seconds, so I still believe even a ZPMless Aurora could defeat an Ori Cruiser pretty quickly.

Comment

I agree, but also thinking about it seeing as a 304 can take multiple hits from an ori ship's wank cannon, im guessing the aurora can take alot more punishment. Aurora wins, hands down.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Yeah a ZPMless 304 can take like 3 hits before it's shields are downed by an Ori Cruiser, I'm not sure how long a standard 304 can sit taking weapons fire from 2 Hives but I doubt it could do the same as an Aurora in the same shape as the Orion.

How much tougher do people think a brand new ZPMless Aurora's shields would be compared to a brand new ZPMless 304?
          I'd say they could be twice, maybe even three times as strong as a 304's, but it's just a guess.

Comment

Seeing as the ancients had millions of years more than the asgard to excel that technology, i would presume a heck of a lot more powerful. Oh and a ZPM powered 304 can take like what, 10 - 15 hits from an ori wank cannon, but a ZPM-less 304, hmm i'd say around 5-7, depends how well the battle goes. 3 is a little bit of an underestimate.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Since the Ori had several thousand years to perfect their weapons,
              my money's on the Ori.

Comment

they had like 60 milion years, but so had the ancients. thing is, the ancients focused on tech, whereas the ori were religous.
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by IMDB
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
                  Sheppard out manuvered those drones.
                  Shep out manuvered most of them but the shield did take hits as they were unable to use the cloak due to shield damage (thus unable to convert it back to a cloak).
                  However I think the Jumper sheilds may have a human twist.

doesn't sheppard hit Atlantis's star drive with drones
                  Actually it was Carson.

they still are an effective weapon against the ori other wise when they attacked alternate earth in "the road not taken" they would be worshiping the ori as gods.
                  I agree I've previously made that point.

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                  they had like 60 milion years, but so had the ancients. thing is, the ancients focused on tech, whereas the ori were religous.
                  Yes, that's completly true.
                  Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
                    Seeing as the ancients had millions of years more than the asgard to excel that technology, i would presume a heck of a lot more powerful. Oh and a ZPM powered 304 can take like what, 10 - 15 hits from an ori wank cannon, but a ZPM-less 304, hmm i'd say around 5-7, depends how well the battle goes. 3 is a little bit of an underestimate.
                    I thought 3 shots from the Ori's beam cannon thing was fair, Korolev took two shots then the final 2 killed it in Camelot 5-7 shots against a 304 would be way too much IMO, if you've got an example of a time when we've seen the Ori Cruisers hit a ZPMless 304 with that much fire and it survive please post it but I don't remember our ships ever being able to take 5 or 7 shots without a ZPM powering their shields.
                    As far as Odyssey goes I think in Unending we saw it take 10 to 12 shots and the ZPM seems to boost it's abilities by 3 or 4 times, like a 304 which goes from Earth to Atlantis in PG in 18 days without a ZPM but that gets chopped down to around 4 days with one and OK that's less than a forth of the time it takes a regular 304 to travel that distance but you get my example.
                    Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 22 February 2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                      I thought 3 shots from the Ori's beam cannon thing was fair, Korolev took two shots then the final 2 killed it in Camelot 5-7 shots against a 304 would be way too much IMO, if you've got an example of a time when we've seen the Ori Cruisers hit a ZPMless 304 with that much fire and it survive please post it but I don't remember our ships ever being able to take 5 or 7 shots without a ZPM powering their shields.
                      As far as Odyssey goes I think in Unending we saw it take 10 to 12 shots and the ZPM seems to boost it's abilities by 3 or 4 times, like a 304 which goes from Earth to Atlantis in PG in 18 days without a ZPM but that guts chopped down to around 4 days with one and OK that's less than a forth of the time it takes a regular 304 to travel that distance but you get what my example.
                      That's a fair point, i concede i was wrong. Going back a few posts, time and time again i have heard "but the ori took a religous path and the ancients chose technology", yes you are correct in some way or another, but you are also very wrong!:@
                      The Ori did take a more religous path yes, but mainly they did this because they feed of their worshippers. Who now's, maybe hat wasn't their first intention, but we all now it lead to it. The ori managed to build a supergate for crying out loud! If you ask me, they kept on developing their technology on a level that rivaled the ancients, proven by their seen technology. We as of yet have not met a ship as powerful as an ori cruiser (we have not seen a fully functional aurora:@), so please, PLEASE stop making this assumption and look at the facts. Also, the aurora beats an ori ship from a method of deduction. An 304 ZPMless can take 3 hits (thankyou phoenix), and a ZPM powered 304 can take 10-13. Now seeing as the ancients had millions of years to develop, im assuming that their shields, powered by a ZPM or not, are much,much stronger than a 304. We have proof somewhat that drones can either heavily damage or destroy an ori ship, so on an estimate:
                      Ori cannon hits an aurora can take(zpm powered)= 16-20
                      Drones dispatched is very quick soo say - 2000 drones battering an ori ship = ori loss.
                      The ori would not be able to fire that many shots within the drone dispatch time, there is no doubt in that. Hopefully that settles the matter.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
                        Shep out manuvered most of them but the shield did take hits as they were unable to use the cloak due to shield damage (thus unable to convert it back to a cloak).
                        However I think the Jumper sheilds may have a human twist.

Actually it was Carson.

I agree I've previously made that point.

Yes, that's completly true.
                        So drones were unable to completely pass through jumper shields but they did do enough damage to prevent the jumper from cloaking again making them still quite an effective weapon. Oh and thanks for correcting me about the sheppard/Carson thing, I knew some one used drones against Atlantis'es stardrive i just couldn't remember who.
                        sigpic
                        Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                        STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
                          So drones were unable to completely pass through jumper shields but they did do enough damage to prevent the jumper from cloaking again making them still quite an effective weapon.
                          Bingo!

Oh and thanks for correcting me about the sheppard/Carson thing, I knew some one used drones against Atlantis'es stardrive i just couldn't remember who.
                          You're welcome.
                          Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

But the Korolev wasn't finished she was rushed in to battle whit the ori at the supergate.
                            Thats why the Korolev was destroyd after so many hits, and they don't show every hit the ships takes on tv, it would cost to much money to show it.
                            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Ori, but they have had a few million years to improve.
                              sigpic

Comment

ori ship would win

i doubt drones could pass its shields

the main weapon would just punch the ancient warship out
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X