Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is odd, I rotated the image, zoomed in and it looks like an arm coming in from the size with a boxing glove.

Maybe i'm just being stubborn, but it's still very much like a PSP to me. But I do noticed the change in buttons, they definitely aren't PSP buttons and the d-pad on the left side seems to be too close to the edge. The buttons oddly enough look like the d-pad on a third party controller I have for my PS2.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrus
      Just watched the episode again, and found this part that everyone seems to have missed. Pretty sure thats not a PSP.

Darn, you've succeeded where I have failed...

Well that settles it, it's not a PSP.
      sigpic

Comment

It's probably just something the visual effects team made up
        And maybe one of them was playing a PSP when they were looking for design ideas.

EDIT:
        However, in some of the first and second season episodes, Meredith (hahaha, I'm gonna have a lot of fun calling McKay by his first name) has an HP iPaq hx4700, so there's another thing to look at.

Spoiler:
        From left to right:
        Tapwave Zodiac 2, HP iPaq hx4700, HP iPaq 1945

Spoiler:
        Last edited by WTFOwned; 23 September 2006, 07:27 AM.
        Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Most definately not an Ipod. And it's blatantly not black in that cap (especially not Onyx black).

It looks very much like a Tapwave there. >_>'

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
            Most definately not an Ipod. And it's blatantly not black in that cap (especially not Onyx black).

It looks very much like a Tapwave there. >_>'
            ?
            No, it's an HP iPaq, a PDA. Simple as that.

Duh. I'd know, I have one.
            The reason it doesn't look onyx black is because A. It isn't, it's slate gray. and B. The lighting in the stasis room is blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrus
              It is a Tapwave, most definately.

Tapwave
              You are right. It is definitely a Tapwave. Here's a screenshot I took from 'The Quest - Pt.1' of Sam's handheld device:

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned
                ?
                No, it's an HP iPaq, a PDA. Simple as that.
                http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77...aps/ipaqhx.gif
                Duh. I'd know, I have one.
                The reason it doesn't look onyx black is because A. It isn't, it's slate gray. and B. The lighting in the stasis room is blue.
                That looks nothing like Vala's thingie.

I'd say it's a Tapwave. Just look at Sam's in "The Quest". It's a modified Tapwave.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                  That looks nothing like Vala's thingie.

I'd say it's a Tapwave. Just look at Sam's in "The Quest". It's a modified Tapwave.
                  'm referring to a different device, I thought he was responding to my post.
                  I think we've established that Vala has a Tapwave, I was just bringing up the fact that other real-world devices are being used in the Stargate universe.

Comment

Working...
                  X