This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade
    The little dip at the top would be A: The mini USB port for connecting to your PC or B: if the PSP is being used upside then it could the screw that is right in the middle, just beside the barcode. Even that silver streak above the top could easily be the top or bottom of the PSP. In the previous picture that silver bit is missing, like they covered the thumbsticks in one image, yet in the next she used it upside down and was using her finger to cover the charger port.

In the end, still proves to me that it's a slightly changed PSP.
    The dip is a dip in the bar of white metal too, something that's not present on a PSP. And the ENTIRE PSP dips, it's not a little hole. It's a DIP. From the way Vala's holding it, it's not upside down (because of the back).

It doesn't look black either. Even with trick lightning and whatever, if something's pitch black, it'll stay pitch black. It looks to be a deep shade of blue (or just blue and then it's deep because of the darkness).

Comment

i bet Sony paid to put it in there, its called product placement
      Under the Ice of Antarctica....
      O'Neill: I cant go on....
      Carter: You spent 7 Years on MacGyver and you cant figure this one out. We got belt buckles, and shoelaces and a piece of gum build me a Nuclear reactor for crying out loud. You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimik but now your Mister MacUseless.

Comment

Well if you look at http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/175/vp2p1zx3.jpg you can see they did add something to cover the shoulder buttons, that would explain the dip in http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/605...ted0552yo7.jpg

All they would need to do is add something to cover the shoulder buttons, then add a bit of metal to cover the USB port, the IR port plus the two circluar plugs for connecting devices.

sigpic

Comment

Well if you look at http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/175/vp2p1zx3.jpg you can see they did add something to cover the shoulder buttons, that would explain the dip in http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/605...ted0552yo7.jpg

All they would need to do is add something to cover the shoulder buttons, then add a bit of metal to cover the USB port, the IR port plus the two circluar plugs for connecting devices.
          You're obviously not getting me. The entire PSP dips at the middle on both sides. So unless they added an entire whitish strip just to cover that pseky little USB port (which would be weird since there already is a white metallic stripe) and then used plastics to cover the distance between the stripe and the rest of the PSP (because of the dip, the stripe would then have to be disjointed from the rest of the PSP).

So, no.

Comment

I am getting you, and I am saying the dip has been created because they added something to the shoulder buttons which you can see at the top corners in this image.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/175/vp2p1zx3.jpg

Which is odd, because in that image the silver along the top seems to be missing. That's why i said the PSP looks upside down in this image http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/605...ted0552yo7.jpg the metal is still there. It doesn't appear like anything significant has been added to the corners, like the top corners, to hide the power and earphone port. It's just got a slight dip so something minor could have been added to cover the minor stuff at the botton (screw, speaker and barcode).

sigpic

Comment

perhaps they glud some paper strips to the psp to make it look more 'otherworldy' hehehehe

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

I know it's not the same episode, but here's Grodin and McKay using one in Atlantis.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1.../bscap424.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1.../bscap333.html

Comment

Now those are without a doubt, definitely not PSPs.

I'm not sure what they are, but they look very different to what vala is holding

sigpic

Comment

There's no reason to add a dip just to mask the shoulderbuttons, especially since they are sunken in. All they'd have to do is add some black clay to mask the shoulder buttons, which are at the sides.

In no way does this require a dip of any kind!

Comment

It does require a dip when you are trying to make it look different. They don't need to do it in order to hide the shoulder buttons, If they are required to cover the shoulder buttons then it's a good place to start when it comes to adding things to make it look different.

some devices can easily be explained and don't require being changed but having a very obvious PSP as a scanning device is good product placement but it doesn't exactly make you think she's scanning for something when you can tell it's a PSP.

sigpic

Comment

It does require a dip when you are trying to make it look different. They don't need to do it in order to hide the shoulder buttons, If they are required to cover the shoulder buttons then it's a good place to start when it comes to adding things to make it look different.

some devices can easily be explained and don't require being changed but having a very obvious PSP as a scanning device is good product placement but it doesn't exactly make you think she's scanning for something when you can tell it's a PSP.
                        Yes, I'm sure they spent what must've been an hour or two to make a dip when it's obviously not required since only people like us who screencap and compare would notice.

And I'm sure they painted the thing blue too (because it's obviously not black) as did they exchange the 4 buttons (because the PSP buttons are small and placed far apart and most important of all: BLACK). Oh, and they changed the size of the screen too (the dimensions look slightly off).

It's not a PSP. It's not a Tapwave. It's something inbetween.

Comment

well the screen dimensions look fine, but I will agree with the buttons as they seem to have been replaced with something more brighter than the normal black buttons. perhaps something clear than can pick up the light, maybe grey

Colour I am not sure about it. It does look black, but in another it seems to be some sort of blue, perhaps navy.

Gateworld needs to get a proper master to visit.

sigpic

Comment

It's clearly not black in the closeup. Anything as black as a PSP would never be turned dark navy in that light.

Comment

Just watched the episode again, and found this part that everyone seems to have missed. Pretty sure thats not a PSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrus
                                Just watched the episode again, and found this part that everyone seems to have missed. Pretty sure thats not a PSP.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5769/picture2cr2.png
                                See, the buttons are obviously those of the Tapwave. But from that angle, the screen is too wide to be a Tapwave but exactly as wide as a PSP. There's some kind of weird arrow pointing down at the bottom of it o_O.

Maybe it's neither. Maybe they're using some obscure Chinese knockoff. Maybe they're using some weird Japanese cellphone. It's clearly neither.

Comment

Working...
                                X