Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battera
    Yes, no multiplayer.

I can however, probably finish the game by the end of the week, if I have enough zeal to do so.

Without the research of the Multiplayer taking up my time, I could probably finish the Beta version in a month or so.

I want the fans to have more of a part in the game, so I would like the fans to design sprites for the game. The bests will be chosen, and used!

Fans can make sprite designs according to these styles:

Baltian: Aristocratic
    Jarshja: Animalistic
    Vajnaarian: Goa'uld-like with Ancient Infulence.

Ships:

Baltian: Scout, Cargo barge, Cruiser, Warship, Flagship.
    Jarshja: Fighter, Bomber, Warship, Diskship, Flagship.
    Vajnaarian: Vor'tak, Vrajn'Tak.

Have fun!
    well, maybe multiplayer could be a future project. I would attempt it, but I dont have the registered version yet.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

i drew a ship but it reminded me to much of the ship from grace, so ima draw another one ill see if i can have it done in a hour. i dont know i need to find my pincels

heres something i drew so ya'll dont think i cant(it gonna be a tattoo for my arm, not done making the final version yet though)

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
        well, maybe multiplayer could be a future project. I would attempt it, but I dont have the registered version yet.
        An idea- Maybe the race in Grace could be one of the races. that could be why they attacked the Prommie

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

sorry guys, my scanner isn't working right now. but i have to get ready for school. so ill try to fix it later and show you the pic, it also give's me more time to fix it up a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
            An idea- Maybe the race in Grace could be one of the races. that could be why they attacked the Prommie
            No, because the only reason the Illiad (Was the Vulcan, but people liked the Illiad's design) is in a battle with the Baltians and the Jarshja is because the Ancient Hyperdrive propelled her way too far, into a distant galaxy. Neither of the enemy races had ever heard of the Tau'ri, all they want is the Illiad to perfect their own tech.
            You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Battera, if you need help on the multiplayer just let me know. I have a couple friends that could probably give you a good deal of help quite easily. My friend from Chekoslovakia (spellcheck rofl) was in my computer science class this year, and while I sat around and listened to music he actually payed attention. For his final project he designed a videogame similar to stargate WITH MULTIPLAYER in about 2 days. He's to smart for his own good. Anyway just let me know!
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
                Battera, if you need help on the multiplayer just let me know. I have a couple friends that could probably give you a good deal of help quite easily. My friend from Chekoslovakia (spellcheck rofl) was in my computer science class this year, and while I sat around and listened to music he actually payed attention. For his final project he designed a videogame similar to stargate WITH MULTIPLAYER in about 2 days. He's to smart for his own good. Anyway just let me know!
                good, cuz the multiplayer wil make the game good

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

So where did you get the scales for the ships?
                  I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Look at the first couple of pages, when this thread was still about scalings and not a game.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

you can save???
                      Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
                        you can save???
                        yes- 1-5 saves. f1-f5 loads

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR

Thanks for the offer, but as far as I know, no one has ever made a working engine for multiplaye on the game maker. Making multiplayer on one program is one thing, but Game maker uses its own code.
                          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Thats true. My friend did this in Java and in C++. Maybe there is a way to translate the game into one of those languages, or look at a library written in Java or C++ from Gamemaker. I've never used GameMaker so I really have no idea.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Battera
                              Thanks for the offer, but as far as I know, no one has ever made a working engine for multiplaye on the game maker. Making multiplayer on one program is one thing, but Game maker uses its own code.
                              well, have you asked the Creator of Game Maker, Mark Overmans? I emailed him about your problem, but I havent gotten a response yet.

http://www.freewebs.com/sgrom/chat.gm6
                              http://www.freewebs.com/sgrom/pong1.gm6
                              http://www.freewebs.com/sgrom/pong2.gm6
                              http://www.freewebs.com/sgrom/pong3.gm6

These are 4 files in a multiplayer tutorial. Look at them and modify your game .
                              Last edited by Cameron Mitchel; 19 June 2006, 02:22 PM.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Well it isn't really my problem. I don't have a problem with releasing the game without Multiplayer.

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X