No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'll ressurect this topic. I intend to add the Asuran Cruiser and the Traveler's ship to the chart.

I would also be glad to add any other ships from other franchises and scale them for comparison to SG ships, but I will only do so if you have a graphic for them. I will myself, however, be adding various ships from the Halo universe as time goes on because I am such a fan.

And Vajnraa, you were thinking of 'War of the Worlds'.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
      Ok, I'll ressurect this topic. I intend to add the Asuran Cruiser and the Traveler's ship to the chart.

I would also be glad to add any other ships from other franchises and scale them for comparison to SG ships, but I will only do so if you have a graphic for them. I will myself, however, be adding various ships from the Halo universe as time goes on because I am such a fan.

And Vajnraa, you were thinking of 'War of the Worlds'.
      OH! looks like I have to get to work now.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I have added several ships from the Halo franchise to the scale.
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

I have added several ships from the Halo franchise to the scale.
          Why? It's not Stargate.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

BYOS

-LGBT-

Comment

Does anyone have any other suggestions as far as additions to the scales go?

-LGBT-

Comment

Does anyone have any other suggestions as far as additions to the scales go?
                if somehow you could magically scale the ship in AOT the city ship
                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                Anime signature in spoiler tag
                Spoiler:
                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

images are not showing up
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I deleted the message because I failed to insert the pictures. How can I proceed or where I can find an uploading website which can be acknowledged by Gateworld?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jdeuxf View Post
                      I deleted the message because I failed to insert the pictures. How can I proceed or where I can find an uploading website which can be acknowledged by Gateworld?

Thanks
                      Photobucket or imageshack are nice sites for photos that show up here
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

He forgot about the ancient satellite!!!

Comment

Here, I propose a way to calculate the dimensions of Aurora class battleship (very controversial topic).

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3075/scale3mj2.jpg

First, on this screenshot, the puddle jumper piloted by J. Sheppard is flying nearby the travellers Aurora class battleship between two structures of the battleship (Be All My Sins Remember’d). As the width of puddle jumper (according to me) is 3,6 m. the dimension of the structure which is underlined is 16 m.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...ale4bisio5.jpg

Secondly, the structure seen above is visible in the right shadowed part of the bow and the dimension calculated is still underlined by a green line. Thereafter, the height of the bow is 338 m.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9...ale5bisqd2.jpg

Third, with this front view (Be All My Sins Remember’d), we can calculate the width of the forward part of the battleship : 623 m.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5...ale7biskp4.jpg

Fourth, this below view (Travellers) enables the calculation of the length of the battleship and the width of other parts (the calculation is less precise as the picture is fuzzy). Length : 3573m; maximum width of the main body : 934 m; width of the propulsion block : 1209 m.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8439/scale6mr9.jpg

The proportions are confirmed by this other screenshot of Travellers (969 m., 1204 m., 3650 m.).
                          An other method is as follow.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4800/scale13kt5.jpg

With this side view (Travellers) , it is possible to calculate the length with the height of the bow : 3642 m.

A way to confirm these dimensions is a screenshot of Travellers when eventually travellers ships and the Aurora battleship are going away. We can see the two thrusters of a travellers ship which is beneath the lantean battleship and it is possible to compare the respective widths of the two ships.
                          The area concerned by the width estimation of the Aurora class battleship and which is lightened is the area near the rear of the right lateral arm.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3397/scale10ph9.png

As (according to me) the gap between the two thrusters + the two thruster diameters are about 200 m, then the approximate width calculated in this way is 800 m. which is in relative good agreement with the width calculated above. I know that there are some discrepancies about the dimensions of the star ships between the different episodes. But at least, it seems there is coherence between Be All My Sins Remember’d and Travellers.
                          Last edited by jdeuxf; 22 March 2008, 01:48 PM. Reason: orthography faults

Comment

Why are people using ship displays for scalings? I mean really it is highly unlikely that they are absolutely accurate in their size.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudmaster101 View Post
                              He forgot about the ancient satellite!!!
                              lol hopefully it gets scaled
                              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                              Anime signature in spoiler tag
                              Spoiler:
                              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                                Why are people using ship displays for scalings? I mean really it is highly unlikely that they are absolutely accurate in their size.

Because, it is what it is seen and it's nearer from a fictionnal reality than a DVD index or rumors emanating from designer's talks. I agree that there is problem of coherence. I think that the nature of the critic means that my reasoning is coherent in itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X