No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really have some amazing talent! Have you experimented with background music for your game?

Comment

Not yet. Usually for my games, the music is the last thing I do, and sometimes I don't pay music alot of attention.

If anyone has any audio files that they'd like to share that they think would be good for the game (Other than the themes from the two shows), just submit them to me.

BTW, if anyone happens to have a top-view pic of a Beliskner class ship, please provide!
      Last edited by Battera; 14 May 2006, 09:23 AM.
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Seriously though, I need all the help I can get if I'm going to pull together this new game.

Any help (except storywriters) that anyone can give is appreciated.
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

I know that there is an album of Stargate Atlantis somewhere on Amazon.com. Perhaps when I purchase Seasons 1-8 of SG-1, I might get that too and see what it is.

Comment

Your going to buy them all at one time?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
              Your going to buy them all at one time?
              Well, yeah.

I am more confident that the corrected "Threads" will be in Season 8, so that will be the first disc that I take a look at. If I can, I might try and get the soundtracks from SG-1 and Atlantis, if I have enough money. I think that there are some good soundtracks that would sound nice in a game.

Comment

I would go with the stargate theme song and leave it at that.
                sigpic

Comment

In about a week, I am going to release a short demo featuring a mission for the races of Sg-1.

Tauri: Space battle from 'Prometheus Unbound'. Pilot the Prometheus against three al'kesh and twenty gliders, with only an al'kesh as your ally.

Goa'uld: Fight an opposing system lord. Pilot a Ha'tak with two other Ha'tak as your allies, and two Ha'tak and five al'kesh as you enemy.

Asgard: Enforce the Protected Planets Treaty, and protect the Asgard planet from Sokar. Pilot the Beliskner against three Ha'tak.

This is the basic jist of the battle system I've developed.

Your ship is, and always is in the middle of the screen. Hold down the arrow keys to move your ship and change its direction. Press 'Z' to fire the main weapon. Press 'X' to fire the secondary weapon (If there is one), and again 'C' to fire the Third weapon, if any.

Press 'space' to activate your ship's special. Most ships just have a speed boost, some can cloak, some regenerate, some cull (I WONDER WHAT RACE WOULD HAVE THAT), and some absorb the enemy's blasts and use it to charge the shields.

Also, some ships, like the Tau'ri ships use ammo for missles and nukes.

Most larger ships have shields. When the ship is hit when the shield is still active, the shield 'bubble' becomes visible for a second.

-LGBT-

Comment

When and where?
                    sigpic

Comment

In a week, and Proably rapid file host.

If anyone knows of a very good file hosting service, do tell.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera
                        In a week, and Proably rapid file host.

If anyone knows of a very good file hosting service, do tell.
                        do a google search for a host O_O HURRY UP N FINISH XD...UR THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN SAVE US...ALL THE STARGATE GAMES ARNT GONNA COME OUT TILL 2008 OR HAVE BEEN DESTROYED UR OUR LAST HOPE!!!
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Anime signature in spoiler tag
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

C'mon do the scalings first

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon
                            C'mon do the scalings first
                            no!!!!!!!! make the game first!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                            Anime signature in spoiler tag
                            Spoiler:
                            Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Game first definately.
                              sigpic

Comment

Battera, are you by any chance using Java to make your game? I remember a Java game series called Realspace.

Comment

Working...
                                X