Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battera View Post
    Address all complaints to the person who made them.
    Yeah, like Ltcolshepjumper said, you chose em... Anyway, did you get the earth ships and I know that Hatak, from a Sketchup model?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
      It is from "Essence design works" but the websight was locked out, because some jerk started claiming the images as his own on sci-fi meshes.

There are ways around the block, and here are all the images to the Orion:
      Spoiler:
      This is the image I used for scaling:

These are all the others:

Big thanks, dude!

Comment

Yes, I got them from sketchup models.
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Battera, you included the blur in the scaling. That blur is obviously not representative of the ship. The solid light blue is what I used for my main measurement, I also did a measurment including the blur.
          Without the blur I got 14 times the length of Daedalus.
          If the Daedalus is about 600m long, against 14 times, that is 8400m long.
          And if you factor in that the image is likely still not representative because of non-blatant blur, then that easily gives the Hive a measurment up to 11km.

Wow... now I remember why I chose to go with PNG in stead of JPEG...
          I use BMP.

Anyway, given that the computer screen model of the Wraith Hive is likely the most accurate because we are 100% certain of where the Hive is, then the length of the Hive is about the same as my original size, if not a bit larger.
          Except when you factor in the blatant blur of the Daedalus, and then the likely non-blatant blur.

And the set of the bridge in comparison to the Orion is not an accurate source for the size of the ship!
          I did not use the set. I used the digital image of the set, this image:

It is VERY difficult to see RODNEY (I was wrong, I scaled Rodney to the bridge image, not Lorne, sorry lol) in this image, I had to frame by frame watch the episode again to see him in there moving.

I refferenced that to his general location on the physical set, and concluded that the DIGITAL moving black person shaped thing in the near center of the DIGITAL set, in the visual MODEL of the ship was indeed lorne.
          I than noted he was about 2/5 the heigh of the ceiling and measured him at
          almost 2m, making the cieling 5m+ tall. Then using that height from the bottom of the digital set model as framework, I calculated the bridge bulge head as 64 meters long by using a side view refference of the height, and then turning that on the side, and found that head bulge was 64 meters.
          I then simply used paintbrush to do that image with the yellow lines.
          There you have it.
          My scaling is accurate, if not a little longer than it should be (IE: the ship is even shorter).

The interesting thing is, my scale comes out to almost exactly what the DESIGNER said.
          So My scale is confirmed.

Please, do the same thing. You will come to the same conclussions.

The set was 99.99% likely not to have been built for direct scallings to the ship,
          Yep. The digital image of the set however, was.

there for we must resort to using other examples of the ship's size.
          I didn't use the set, I used the digital image of the set, which is too scale.

And I am still not convinced that the Orion is significantly closer to the camera than the Daedalus in the one shot from 'No man's Land'.
          After reviewing the scene over and over, I will note that the Daedalus as it goes to hyperspace, move DIAGNALLY up towards where the hyperspace portal is, and the Orion, moves diagnally DOWN.
          Watch it yourself to confirm.

Furthermore in another scene, they show the Daedalus bellow the Camera several hundred meters. And then the Orion eclipses the light and the camera swings UP. So The Daedalus is actually several hundred meters bellow the Orion in the image from above when they go to hyperspace.

And to state my opinion about those pictures, Jeremy Hamton is a god among us. Those pictures are divine!
          Indeed.

Comment

In SG Battles III how do you defeat the Legyon mothership? I mean it's massive, and that little invisible thing at its back just keeps regenerating all the damage the fleet and the disrupter does to it. I'm at a total loss of what to do.

Also are there any games where I can take the Olympus out for a spin and blow up a lot of enemies? Purely for the fun of it, really.

Edit: never mind I finally got it.
            Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 21 February 2007, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Battera, you included the blur in the scaling. That blur is obviously not representative of the ship. The solid light blue is what I used for my main measurement, I also did a measurment including the blur.
              Without the blur I got 14 times the length of Daedalus.
              If the Daedalus is about 600m long, against 14 times, that is 8400m long.
              And if you factor in that the image is likely still not representative because of non-blatant blur, then that easily gives the Hive a measurment up to 11km.

I use BMP.

Except when you factor in the blatant blur of the Daedalus, and then the likely non-blatant blur.

I did not use the set. I used the digital image of the set, this image:

It is VERY difficult to see RODNEY (I was wrong, I scaled Rodney to the bridge image, not Lorne, sorry lol) in this image, I had to frame by frame watch the episode again to see him in there moving.

I refferenced that to his general location on the physical set, and concluded that the DIGITAL moving black person shaped thing in the near center of the DIGITAL set, in the visual MODEL of the ship was indeed lorne.
              I than noted he was about 2/5 the heigh of the ceiling and measured him at
              almost 2m, making the cieling 5m+ tall. Then using that height from the bottom of the digital set model as framework, I calculated the bridge bulge head as 64 meters long by using a side view refference of the height, and then turning that on the side, and found that head bulge was 64 meters.
              I then simply used paintbrush to do that image with the yellow lines.
              There you have it.
              My scaling is accurate, if not a little longer than it should be (IE: the ship is even shorter).

The interesting thing is, my scale comes out to almost exactly what the DESIGNER said.
              So My scale is confirmed.

Please, do the same thing. You will come to the same conclussions.

Yep. The digital image of the set however, was.

I didn't use the set, I used the digital image of the set, which is too scale.

After reviewing the scene over and over, I will note that the Daedalus as it goes to hyperspace, move DIAGNALLY up towards where the hyperspace portal is, and the Orion, moves diagnally DOWN.
              Watch it yourself to confirm.

Furthermore in another scene, they show the Daedalus bellow the Camera several hundred meters. And then the Orion eclipses the light and the camera swings UP. So The Daedalus is actually several hundred meters bellow the Orion in the image from above when they go to hyperspace.

Indeed.
              OMG, I can't do this anymore. Someone else scale the ships. I'll make a topic for the game in the 'Stargate Fandom' section.
              You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

OMG, I can't do this anymore. Someone else scale the ships. I'll make a topic for the game in the 'Stargate Fandom' section.
                Well that is not the response I expected.

Comment

Yeah, everyone please comment on the game in the new topic, to give it another shot for popularity.

-LGBT-

Comment

It is from "Essence design works" but the websight was locked out, because some jerk started claiming the images as his own on sci-fi meshes.

There are ways around the block, and here are all the images to the Orion:
                    This is the image I used for scaling:

These are all the others:

Btw where is the jumper Bay on the orion

Comment

Originally posted by PumBa View Post
                      It can be anywhere. You see the strange box on the top of that "arm"? It could be that.
                      We've seen 3 kinds of jumper bay doors in Atlantis: 1) main jumperbay doors in Atlantis 2) underwater jumper bay doors 3) docking tube, like in satellite and drilling platform.
                      Now all we need to think is to see the most logical place for them. Tubes could be on either side of the ship, so could the underwater jumper bay doors -like doors be, but Atlantis main jumper bay doors -like doors could only be on top or bottom of the ship.

That's what I think..

Comment

Guess we owe you an apology? Sry...

EDIT: I have an Ancient Warship, too. Just checked... Made by the same ppl who made the Ori Mothership I sent. Anyway, if anyone wants it, I'll send it:

An image of it side view::

I know, it may not look that appealing, but the model is!
                        Last edited by Cameron Mitchel; 22 February 2007, 06:21 AM.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Hey what happened to all the scaled images at the start of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by PumBa View Post
                            Who says it has a Jumper Bay?

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon View Post
                              Hey what happened to all the scaled images at the start of this thread?
                              He removed them: hence the statement "*images removed*"

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Who says it has a Jumper Bay?
                                Why wouldn't it have a jumper bay?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                                X