Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratch that-just watched it on YouTube

Anyway, the mechanics demo is now available on the 64 digits site. Again, I cannot stress this enough. If you want to help the game gain popularity, please register at 64 digits, and post a comment on the game, and rate it (I'm referring to both the demo, and the Beta Game).
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
      Scratch that-just watched it on YouTube
      Link?! Please!

Edit: The new version of the games are absalutely great!
      The ships are all well done, and it is certainly fun.
      I like the demo very much, the new versions of the weapons are all awesome.
      I really like it compared to how the cannons were like in the first version of the Gamma demo.

I am highly looking forward to your Ancient/Wraith game!

PS: I have created a rather in depth overview of how I believe the Wraith-Ancient war occured, it ties into my own fan-fic universe also.

Want to look at it and see if you like any of it?
      Last edited by An-Alteran; 27 November 2006, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Battera-Scratch that-just watched it on YouTube

Yes, Link Please?
        (i've been searching but cant find it)

Comment

Sorry, no. We really are focusing on the Gamma game right now. The story has been finished a lot sooner than we had anticipated. With only a little more coding, the game will finally enter 'Express Production', in which the game's official 'play' will be put in.

P.s.
          Just search for 'Stargate Atlantis Return'.

I'd hate to do this but the other two insisted:

Everyone who rates the Beta game AND Gamma demo on 64 digits, will get a choice of these 'easter eggs':

1.Be one of the first to play the Gamma game, long before it's scheduled March release.
          2.Read an exclusive spoiler for the fourth and final game (At least where our custom stories will end)
          3.Be a tester of the multiplayer engine.
          Last edited by Battera; 27 November 2006, 06:50 PM.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

the new demo kicks ass, well done, it looks class

Comment

Everyone who rates the Beta game AND Gamma demo on 64.
              I just rated them both.

Comment

Then choose one of the easter eggs.

An update on the game:

You will be able to choose between two control systems. The first is the type you're already familiar with. The new system will allow you to control the entire game with the mouse (So long as you have a mouse-wheel). your ship follows the mouse, left click will fire, right will cycle weapons, wheel up will accelerate, wheel down will decelerate, and wheel/middle pressed will be the brake.
                Last edited by Battera; 29 November 2006, 02:36 AM.

-LGBT-

Comment

Then choose one of the easter eggs.

An update on the game:

You will be able to choose between two control systems. The first is the type you're already familiar with. The new system will allow you to control the entire game with the mouse (So long as you have a mouse-wheel). your ship follows the mouse, left click will fire, right will cycle weapons, wheel up will accelerate, wheel down will decelerate, and wheel/middle pressed will be the brake.
                  Hmmm, ok. Ill take (1).
                  Out of curiosity, the fourth game is the Ancient one right?

Oh, and here are a few critiques of the Gamma game:
                  The main energy cannon on the Illiad is a bit tricky to use. The green bar is aukward.
                  I suggest just having a % number rather than the green bar.
                  Also it is irritating having to unload the entire bar, and then fire.
                  I think it would be better if fireing unloaded the bar, and possibly have it so you can cease fire when you want to rather than having to wait for all the energy to deplete.
                  That is my suggestion.
                  Last edited by An-Alteran; 29 November 2006, 02:02 PM.

Comment

No, the fourth game is the... one I haven't released any info for. The one you're thinking of is the fifth.

For the bar, I was thinking of putting a border around it so you know how long you have to wait before it's fully charged.

The weapon is supposed to be a version of the Atlantis satellite weapon. It needs a certain amount of energy to fire, and once the firing begins, only a depletion of energy can stop it.

-LGBT-

Comment

No, the fourth game is the... one I haven't released any info for. The one you're thinking of is the fifth.
                      Ok.

For the bar, I was thinking of putting a border around it so you know how long you have to wait before it's fully charged.
                      ok.
                      I also suggest having the bar change color when it is full.
                      That would just be a nice touch though.
                      The border would work fine also.

The weapon is supposed to be a version of the Atlantis satellite weapon. It needs a certain amount of energy to fire, and once the firing begins, only a depletion of energy can stop it.
                      Ok.
                      That works.
                      I like it. Maybe call it a retroengineered version? I would have thought the Ancient one would be more powerful against the Orii shields than this one is.
                      Also, when against shields, it seems, like the Orii cannons, to just hit as many targets as are in the path.
                      That doesn't fit with how they opperated on screen.
                      The blasts only penetrated the hull and went through the target when they defeated the shields, and the blast didn't instantly go through the target, it pushed through.
                      Is there any way to have the blast be absorbed by the shields and only cut through the ship itself?
                      So the Orii cannon blasts would only hit the target until its shields were gone, and the same for the green beam?

Comment

Well, the green beam functions on the principle of following the initial blast. Tf the initial blast dies, then all other instances of the beam are destroyed as well. The Ori beam I can fix, but the green beam I can't because of the way it's programmed.

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, the green beam functions on the principle of following the initial blast. Tf the initial blast dies, then all other instances of the beam are destroyed as well. The Ori beam I can fix, but the green beam I can't because of the way it's programmed.
                          Ok.
                          That works.

Comment

I like the demo. The small ship is pretty good, but the illiad looks too alien. It needs to look more human made.
                            Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
                            I shot him...

in the leg...
                            I'm invulnerable!
                            Spoiler:
                            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
                            http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                              I like the demo. The small ship is pretty good, but the illiad looks too alien. It needs to look more human made.
                              Agreed. It does look rather alien. Too many spikes.

Anyway, here is an observation:
                              The uber weapon the BC-303 has is annoying in the levels it is in.
                              It wipes out all the Wraith in one shot.
                              Or almost destroys the Orii ship in one shot.
                              That makes things rather dull when using that ship.

Maybe make the weapon half as powerful? Or limit its range?

Also, will we be able to play the DSC-304?

Comment

No, only the Epimetheus (303), and the Iliad (307). 304's will be in the game, as will 305's, and a 306.

And FYI, the Epimetheus will only get to use that weapon once during the entire time you pilot it. And it's range is limited to 2000x2000 pixels (considering the level is probably only 1200x1200 if I remember correctly, that may not be 'limited'.)

I will try to make the Illiad more human, but I'm keeping the blue color

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X