This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exiled Master
    Then shouldn't Caldwell be positioning the Daedalus to approach at a diagonal toward an enemy (playing a lot of SFC can make you think like this.)
    I play quite alot of SFC too oddly enough, and yeah your right, id have thought he would of positioned the ship so more of the railguns could of been firing. according to the stargate-tech website the Deadalus has like 15-16+ Railguns, i imagine 4 at the front, 4 ventral, 4 dorsal, 3-4 aft. i imagine you could position the ship so that the 4 forward and either ventral or dorsal could fire all togather

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

The bullets from the rail guns will not fall lower in space cuz there is no gravity so they'll just keep goin straight unlike a bullet fired on Earth

There's lots of gravity in space.
      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
        The bullets from the rail guns will not fall lower in space cuz there is no gravity so they'll just keep goin straight unlike a bullet fired on Earth

Not if you compare it's effect on a solid object in space vs same object on Earth, or VERY near a planetary body/star.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan

technically they wouldnt go lower either, since how do we know which was is down lol

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Why not copy Halo and build a MAC cannon? It's basically one huge railgun that hurls a slug of tungsten carbide the size of a school portable at an enemy ship.
            ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Originally posted by section31
              Why not copy Halo and build a MAC cannon? It's basically one huge railgun that hurls a slug of tungsten carbide the size of a school portable at an enemy ship.
              I thought it was the size of a school bus Didn't they have machine guns mounted on the Prometheus at one point? Make the machine guns computer controlled (shouldn't be that hard), and assign them to point defense, since you can't fire as quickly with a railgun.
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

i say we trade our gaming tech for wepons
                "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
                "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
                "I shot him. In the leg."
                "I'm invulnerable."
                "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
                "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

heh give the Jaffa some xbox

Comment

If you give them Xbox you'll also have to send them TVs... Unless they can make some kind of vocuum adaptor...

Anyway, it's very unlikely anyone will be hit by stray rail gun slugs, let alone on a planet. Those projectiles will probably burn up upon entry. Though most likely they'll just keep on travelling for ever until captured by large heavenly bodies... Like the ring of Saturn or something.

They should be more worried about the X-302's flying around while the guns are firing since those things don't have shields and one hit from the slug will probably have some disasterous results.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
                      I play quite alot of SFC too oddly enough, and yeah your right, id have thought he would of positioned the ship so more of the railguns could of been firing. according to the stargate-tech website the Deadalus has like 15-16+ Railguns, i imagine 4 at the front, 4 ventral, 4 dorsal, 3-4 aft. i imagine you could position the ship so that the 4 forward and either ventral or dorsal could fire all togather
                      Well, this is a good idea, and they DO do this, EG: Siege part 3, Allies, (SERIOUS Allies spoilers, look at your own risk!) --->
                      Spoiler:
                      Yep, when they're defending Michaels hive ship, they are on an angle firing 12rail guns I believe, and some of them seem to be firing much larger slugs than the others.

Well, they could still make Railguns Better...

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Screeny time:

Deadalus firing its main railguns only

clearly visible, only 3 main railgun batteries:

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                          Screeny time:

Deadalus firing its main railguns only

clearly visible, only 3 main railgun batteries:

i think thos ather dooms are also railgun batteries but kùndent befiret becous power sortich

sory for the bad speling
                          sorry cant spell

Comment

Yes they deadalus class more rialguns, but it has 2 different type sof railguns

First, the 3 bigger ones firing in the shots above.
                            And the popint defense railguns used against darts and other assorted small crafts. Those are the sam raulguns the atlanstis crew got in siege 2.

Comment

Originally posted by section31
                              I agree. I think they should also investigate relativistic rail weapons, that use gravity to fire the slug instead of magnets. Obviously they can control gravity to a limited extent, as the ships have gravity, and inertial dampners. And relativistic cannons can accelerate the slug to around 70% the speed of light, even a ship with shields would have problems against a number of those.
                              A million monkeys were given a million typewriters. It's called the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                                Yes they deadalus class more rialguns, but it has 2 different type sof railguns

First, the 3 bigger ones firing in the shots above.
                                And the popint defense railguns used against darts and other assorted small crafts. Those are the sam raulguns the atlanstis crew got in siege 2.
                                either way - there all crap

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Working...
                                X