This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Master
    Very true and it was actually easier than you might think for the wraith to block the asgard beams. All they did was raise their shields which we know from past eps that Asgard beaming tech cant go through most shields. The reason they weren't raised initially is probably that the wraith had very little use for shields given that most Ancient weapons went right through them any way

Agreed...

Wraith, That Ive seen, have no shields. But It isnt like they couldnt make them and it isnt like they wouldn't be able to know or figure out that teleportation tech. can't go through stuff like that.

Also, I have this idea that the reason Wraith don't have shields on their ships is that they have horrible power sources. Like to even be able to use hyper-engines, they had to sacrifice something...that something being shields. And there power sources being so terrible is why they have to travel in jumps. Get what I mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by pileofcrap
      Agreed...

Wraith, That Ive seen, have no shields. But It isnt like they couldnt make them and it isnt like they wouldn't be able to know or figure out that teleportation tech. can't go through stuff like that.

Also, I have this idea that the reason Wraith don't have shields on their ships is that they have horrible power sources. Like to even be able to use hyper-engines, they had to sacrifice something...that something being shields. And there power sources being so terrible is why they have to travel in jumps. Get what I mean ?
      Very plausable and the wraith shield debate is some what in the air at the moment. Joe said they have them and used them to block asgard beams but in Immotep's post on wraith organic ships he indicates that a later ep contraticts this.

Comment

Very plausable and the wraith shield debate is some what in the air at the moment. Joe said they have them and used them to block asgard beams but in Immotep's post on wraith organic ships he indicates that a later ep contraticts this.
        Well in 2x01 they fired missles at a hive. It looked to me like their ships had to take them out...I dont think they would of did that if a shield were up.

Comment

Originally posted by pileofcrap
          Well in 2x01 they fired missles at a hive. It looked to me like their ships had to take them out...I dont think they would of did that if a shield were up.
          Very true and also the fact that they distroyed the mines from a distance in the seige rather than plowing straight over them. Its possible they're a cautious bunch or that their shield tech is extreemly weak as they didn't develope it since ancient weapons could penertrate it no matter how good it was.
          But theirs also the qu tho of why they didn't beam the nukes outside the interference next to the hull if it is unshielded. Its possibal there is no logical answer to any of this and just oversights on the part of the writers, as there does seem to be alot of illogical contradictions.

Comment

Very true and also the fact that they distroyed the mines from a distance in the seige rather than plowing straight over them. Its possible they're a cautious bunch or that their shield tech is extreemly weak as they didn't develope it since ancient weapons could penertrate it no matter how good it was.
            But theirs also the qu tho of why they didn't beam the nukes outside the interference next to the hull if it is unshielded. Its possibal there is no logical answer to any of this and just oversights on the part of the writers, as there does seem to be alot of illogical contradictions.

wow, why didn't think beam them outside of the ship..... hmmmm

Comment

Working...
            X