Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we evolved from ancients then where did the ancients evolve from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think the Dakara device was specificly made to re-do human DNA, or it wasnt completly focused on human dna, i think it was like like, re-make 90% human and 10% alien, my reasoning:

foothold aliens, Retu, Unas, Gadmeer. These aliens, while humanoidish arnt humanoid enough for me to think the Dakara device was just human DNA.

(I got no idea what im trying to say)
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

It makes sense that after millions of years there would be some differences.
      "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
        I dont think the Dakara device was specificly made to re-do human DNA, or it wasnt completly focused on human dna, i think it was like like, re-make 90% human and 10% alien, my reasoning:

foothold aliens, Retu, Unas, Gadmeer. These aliens, while humanoidish arnt humanoid enough for me to think the Dakara device was just human DNA.

(I got no idea what im trying to say)
        I don't think the Dekara device did anything to recreate life. In fact, it's description in Reckoning II doesn't sound like anything that could be used to recreate life.
        Originally posted by RECKONING II
        JACOB: If I'm reading this screen right, the weapon uses an energy wave to reduce all matter to its basic molecular elements. It's not strong enough to disintegrate an entire planet but it will wash away everything on a planet's surface and anything in the surrounding space.

CARTER: Sounds bad.

JACOB: I know, but it also sounds like it does it much the same way your disruptor technology works on the Replicators. By separating the individual components.
        That's not a device that is designed to create life, or recreate it. It sounds to me like it was used to wash the plague from planets that had been infected and devastated. After that was done, the ancients could spread their magic evolution dust around, and in a few million years, maybe end up with intelligent life.

I also agree with your idea that the ancients sprinkled the dust everywhere and they didn't care what it landed on. If it landed on a simian, then they got humans. If it landed on a lizard, they got an Unas. If it landed on a simian who evolved into a human who was then eaten by an Irratus bug, the bug would ingest the dust and eventually evolve into a Wraith...
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by cs-comm
          It makes sense that after millions of years there would be some differences.
          yes it does, but most the planets we come across are "carbon copies" of earth, resulting in no change. But the planets that have change in the humans likely have a different climate and vegetation or have had an outside influence (i.e. the protein to stop wraith feeding wouldnt naturally occur in MW galaxy)

Comment

Maybe it's like in Halo. Earth was the Ark and Dakaraa was Halo. Dakaraa goes off and all life but the Tauri remain. Wait, that may be way off. I'll have to check...
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
              Maybe it's like in Halo. Earth was the Ark and Dakaraa was Halo. Dakaraa goes off and all life but the Tauri remain. Wait, that may be way off. I'll have to check...
              nice comparison.

I think they purposely left that part of the story blank, so they could leave it up to the viewers to fill in the blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                I really wish the writers would let us in on the details of the ancients "recreating life in our galaxy" plot. There is no way that they could have pushed a button and had a total re-evolution of life in the galaxy in a matter of a few million years; it's quite impossible.

If we're the second evolution of their kind, then we should naturally evolve the ATA gene sooner or later, as long as they evolved that gene naturally.
                not only that, i wish they would explain how a plague is capable of wiping out all life in the galaxy....i just dont see how a plague is capable of spreading throughout an entire galaxy...unless of course this plague was capable of traveling the vast distances in space to each planet...

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                  not only that, i wish they would explain how a plague is capable of wiping out all life in the galaxy....i just dont see how a plague is capable of spreading throughout an entire galaxy...unless of course this plague was capable of traveling the vast distances in space to each planet...
                  Through the Stargate network...?

Of course, when humans become advanced enough, we'll create a third evolution of the Ancients, and they in turn will create a fouth, and as time is circular, it'll eventually wind back to creating the Ancients again. The cycle will go on ad infinitum.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                    Yeah, my take on it was the Ancients's reliance on the stargate network doomed them, as the plague was able to hit every world as they tried to evacuate them.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Good question...since as it has been said many times before "they came first" maybe they didn't evolve from earlier Ancients.
                      Tst

Comment

Dakara works by reducing complex molecules to simple molecules. life's creation is viceversa.

by, bluntly put, "reversing the polarity", Dakara could re-create more complex molecules after which life could restart. with one major advantage: if the weapon was fired and rapidly after re-fired, the molecules wouldnt be too dissolved so most DNA would still be largely intact, and so millions of years of evolution would not be gone in 10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion View Post
                          At least one group tried to travel back in time to prevent the plague, but were unable to perfect the time travel device ending their mission in failure. (It was not until the Ancient Atlantean named Janus created his Time-Machine that time travel technology became possible, but by then time travel had been banned by the Ancients.)
                          I'm going to throw this out there: we don't really know whether the Ancients at the time of the Plague had any working methods of time travel. All we know is that they never got the method in "Window of Opportunity" to work.

One might ask why the Ancients didn't use any of their other time travel technologies to go back. The answer is actually fairly obvious: the time machine in "Window of Opportunity" allowed you to "possess" your old body, mean that if you didn't have the Plague at the time to which you were traveling, you wouldn't have it when you got there.

However, every other method of time travel seen in Stargate (Time Jumper, solar flare, etc.) would have the risk that the research team would carry the Plague back in time with them, starting the very epidemic that they hoped to prevent.
                          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
                            theory of evolution, everything evolved from bacteria...right?
                            Not exactly...

And not really a theory anymore anyway...
                            Last edited by Gate Rider; 09 October 2009, 05:50 AM.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                            Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
                              And not really a theory anymore anyway...
                              Yes, it's still a theory, just like Atomic Theory is still a theory, and the Theories of Relativity, Cell Theory, and Germ Theory.

In science, a "theory" trumps a "law" because you are just as sure of the theory, but the theory doesn't just tell you what will happen (as a law does), but also why.
                              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Space monkeys.

Comment

Working...
                                X