Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The enemies lack of powerful weapon usage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by section31
    Oh, oh, oh, I have an idea. Maybe the humans could instal a small hyperdrive onto the missile. When they launch the weapon it imediatly jumps to hyperspace and bypasses the sheilds and perhaps hull and blows up inside the ship.
    Certainly if it were a big missile and used naquadria i think thats a good idea although for resource saving they may want to use a x302. Again that begs the question when they did it the first time why only a missile that damaged the cooling when a nuke may have wiped the ship out completely unless as suggested they aint that good in space.

Comment

Anyone know of somewhere with various weapon specs?

Comment

So no one know then?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          Because the most damage from a nuke is the shockwave in an atmosphere, which space has none The field that blocks the transporter might extend outside the hull too.
          And that's why we should teleport a missile with an enhanced nuclear warhead to a point as close to the hive ship's main hangar as possible then let it fly itself in. They wouldn't expect it that much and after they extended their interdictor field over that plave we could start attacking their engines, they have to have something vital nearby.

Comment

Two words,

Quantum Torpedoes

Just kidding
            For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaProject
              Two words,

Quantum Torpedoes

Just kidding
              We are all glad you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                Why would the wraith have developed WMDs? They've never really needed them and they do need live bodies afterwards.

The Goa'uld make a lot less sense. It's been mentioned that they have 'destroyers' that wipe out whole worlds, leaving them contaminated and off limits for generations. It does seem a little odd that a planet as annoying as Earth has never found itself on the receiving end of anything like that.
                They also were at war, wanted to destroy their enemy on several occasions, managed to cripple ancient warships, and several times largely wanted to destroy their enemy or damage it as much as possible.

That's why I believe in the theory of the weapon able to drain shields fairly quickly, but do light damage on inert bodies and armor.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
                  That's why I believe in the theory of the weapon able to drain shields fairly quickly, but do light damage on inert bodies and armor.
                  Thats a very good point and I was thinking along those very same lines especially since a nuc blast over the shield didn't seem to phase it that much where as their weapons are far from as destructive as a nuke.
                  Plus they could be using a variation but less advanced form of what ever the replicators used to penertrate asgard shields or simular principles but again not as advanced to the drone penertrating ability. So as you say it would drain them alot faster and require vast amounts of power to keep the shield up.

Comment

Working...
                  X