Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The enemies lack of powerful weapon usage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a good point, do none anubis ships (i.e. all of them remaining) have the old shields or the new ones?

Comment

I agree that the use of a nuke on a shield would probably be limited in space but do the wraith actually have shields?

Also i think the reason they wanted to target the fighter bay before was for the ability to do much greater damage, maybe nukes really aren't that great in space so all advanced aliens know to just use energy or kinetic based weapons.

Anyone know the power of the rail guns the daedalus uses?, they look kind of weak in space and are slow moving relatively speaking, i hope they get some beam weapons at some point.

Comment

Uhm the Goa'uld have used WMD style weapons, Apophis sent R'yac with a poison so deadly it would have wiped out the earth in days once. Ra amplified the nuke in the movie with naquada, true it wasnt his design but still. You could say the Stargate destroyer and the lightning weapon Anubis used were WMD style weapons as well.

I think the Wraith dont use it because as the reasons mentioned they would lose food and clues to where earth is. The Goa'uld dont think they used it because at their height they were arrogant parasites who would like to use conventional means to bring terror to 'lower' species.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well if naquadah enhanced nukes are so useless why do they bother delpoying stealth mines and arming the deadelus with super nukes in the first place?

Seems like the only thing the human starships can do is take out fighter planes and Al'kesh.
          ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Originally posted by section31
            Well if naquadah enhanced nukes are so useless why do they bother delpoying stealth mines and arming the deadelus with super nukes in the first place?

Seems like the only thing the human starships can do is take out fighter planes and Al'kesh.
            Because the wraith dont have shields like the Gou'ald do. And because the mines were meant to take out the darts, and would've done so if it hadnt been for the asteroids.

Comment

they dont have any. nor need them doesn't make sense using WMD on their food.

goauld who knows

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                Why would the wraith have developed WMDs? They've never really needed them and they do need live bodies afterwards.

The Goa'uld make a lot less sense. It's been mentioned that they have 'destroyers' that wipe out whole worlds, leaving them contaminated and off limits for generations. It does seem a little odd that a planet as annoying as Earth has never found itself on the receiving end of anything like that.

I think an all out war with the Ancients would give the Wraith the "why" for WMD development.

Comment

Originally posted by Magneto
                  Me for a start,
                  Spoiler:
                  in the episode "The Hive" we see two hive ships shooting each other and they didn't blow up on the first shot
                  That's because
                  Spoiler:
                  they were only hitting the surface. A nuke only worked when it was INSIDE

Originally posted by Stevos
                  Have you considered that nukes might be no good against shields. We haven't actually seen a nuke used against a shield or even a ships hull, it might have little or no effect.
                  Actually, we sort of have in
                  Spoiler:
                  The Siege Part 3, at the end

I'm guessing it's because it's the best we got. What else would you suggest?

But surely a nuclear explosion would do a lot a damage atmosphere or not? Can't they beam a dozen monster nukes a few kilometers from the hull? Afterall they must pose a threat to the Waith, they destroyed those "nuclear stealth mines" in season 1 rather then just driving by and let the sheilds deal with it
                  As far as we know the Wraith ain't got no shields.

Comment

hmm, looks like the humans will need a more effective way to nuke the wraith
                    ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      That's because
                      Spoiler:
                      they were only hitting the surface. A nuke only worked when it was INSIDE

Actually, we sort of have in
                      Spoiler:
                      The Siege Part 3, at the end

I'm guessing it's because it's the best we got. What else would you suggest?

As far as we know the Wraith ain't got no shields.

a nuke was used on korel but the shield stopped it cold. actually 2 of them

Comment

Those nukes did not detonate, the missile simpacted the shield before they could detonate.

Comment

I see two reasons:

Both the wraith and the Goa'uld use humans for food/hosts, so it is their habit to pick through what they want and then kill what they don't. This removes some "total destruction" options from the first options.

Also, don't underestimate the arrogance of the enemy. The Moebius episodes show the Jaffa using the same staff weapons and armour 5,000 years ago. When you've been on top that long, the tendency to stick with what's familiar must be strong. Remember when Jack tried to get the Jaffa rebels to use P-90s and they rejected them because they were not "true" weapons.

Comment

This question has bugged me a bit as well, more so with the goauld as there were times when they were actually trying to destroy targets on the ground as with the jaffa rebellion. The whole so-called plan was to get them to rally their forces in to one place so they could wipe them out. Then when the time came they fired a few plasma bursts. Yet pre-anubis goauld ships were supposed to have the capacity of nuclear equivilent blasts with in an atmosphere, so why didn't they use it.
                            Certainly in space tho I've allways assumed that the energy weapons used were more effective than nukes especially against shields which even the wraith do have as thats what they're using to block the asgard beams.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                              Those nukes did not detonate, the missile simpacted the shield before they could detonate.

they definately detonated. watch that ep again kinsey i think celebrated that they were destroyed.

anyway earth needs to resort to nukes cuz "we" don't have anything to cause real damage

Comment

Oh, oh, oh, I have an idea. Maybe the humans could instal a small hyperdrive onto the missile. When they launch the weapon it imediatly jumps to hyperspace and bypasses the sheilds and perhaps hull and blows up inside the ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X