Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as i understand it when wormhole opens it's accessible from all dimensions... cuz oma de sala daniel and mitchel, theyall travelled throught the gate in diffirent dimensions... if it opens to all the dimensions, kawoosh opens in all the dimensions and you would die in all dimensions...
    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

I would say

it would kill someone out of phase, but not Anubis.
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Similarly - Could Anubis have survived the kawoosh? Probably the best way of killing him would have been to have sent him to a defective gate? That had a fault with reintergration?
        They should have sent him to the black hole planet, imo.

Comment

But then you end up wasting a perfectly good nuke to shut the gate down....

Seems like a waste to me, they make much better fireworks when you blow stuff up :-)

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
            as i understand it when wormhole opens it's accessible from all dimensions... cuz oma de sala daniel and mitchel, theyall travelled throught the gate in diffirent dimensions... if it opens to all the dimensions, kawoosh opens in all the dimensions and you would die in all dimensions...
            i agree, as the vortex is a sub space distortion it will effect all relities and states of matter there in

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              They should have sent him to the black hole planet, imo.
              the planet had may have been in the black hole by then rather than just orbiting it

Comment

I think it's safe to say it would cause them harm, and It's also highly odd that out of phasers cause a ripple in the gate. Surely the Gate Technicians would have noticed?

Oh wait, just solved it. The ripple effect they cause is only visible in that phase/dimension. Makes sense, if you can't see someone who is out of phase, you can't see an out of phase ripple.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                  only one way to find out*goes out of phase* i do this in the name of science!! tell my wife and kids i love 'em. Dial the gate.
                  *starts the dialing process*

Comment

I think the more obvious question is; What would happen if you had your arm just out side the stargate ring while the gate was activated (So that from a side view it would appear that your arm was going through the vortex, but from the top or side view you could clearly see that you were outside the stargate's ring), then moved it sideways into the stargate and crossing over the vortex?

Would your arm just drop off? Wonder what that'd feel like .

Comment

^I think the kawoosh would consume you first

Comment

I have a very general question that has always stuck out to me: How can you shut down a gate after passing through it? An example of this (among many in both SG1 and SGA is the episode "Michael" (SGA S. Ep. 18.) In this episode Michael dials the gate, and then runs through it and it shuts down right after he steps through it (And before Ronon can go through it as well). This has probably been addressed before but there's not harm in asking again I hope.

-Hermiiod

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

write a script that calls for teh gate to close just before the hero gets to it, thus enabling the bad guy to escape.

Comment

if theres no matter i.e. people,water,radio waves then it should shut down after someones steped through

Comment

Personally I would chaulk that up to a plot hole. SG1 example is the Touchstone episode. At the end the operatives dial and escape through the second gate to their off-world base and then it deactivates. And I can't explain a way for them to de-activate the wormhole at the other end since there are countless episodes where an enemy dials in to prevent escape and you have to wait the 38 minute rule out meaning the de-activation can only come from the dialing gate. So don't know.

Comment

Plot hole.....never really bothered me too much but sometimes I think "Gee he only just made it befor the gate turned off" or "How did the gate know that 6 and not 7 people were going through the gate"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X