Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens is you explode when you go into the wrong way, just kidding.
    sigpic

Comment

There's already a thread on this.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4300440

Comment

Now I know there has been a topic like this before... Calling all n00bs , use the serch function, its not decoration you know!

I think you would disintergrate if you entered it fully,just as normal, but you matter would not go anywhere, effectivly killing you

EDIT: I have seen another one too, not the one mazz just posted but a much longer one, seriously, the search, there for a reason
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Very simple, They Die!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
            Aparently this is an inconsistonce, it dosent make sense. I just started on this site the other day and i asked the same question, people on this site are getting board of answering that one apparently.
            Yes, we're sorry if we seem a little short at times, its just some questions appear so often, there can be over 10 threads on the same subject - heck, this question has turned up twice in two days!

Oh and hello and welcome (both you and Deano), hope you enjoy it here.
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

The technical term for the kawoosh is energy vortex. I've said what happens on another thread saying the same thing so I'm just going to copy and paste what I said.

I think it's because the iris is so close to the event horizon that the energy vortex or whooooosh wouldn't be allowed to be created.
              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Wouldn't you just come out on the reverse side of the other gate.

Comment

My guess is die. Hmm that was easy.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Same thing that happens when you walk through an incoming wormhole?

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                    - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                    - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                    - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                    - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                    - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

mmmmm_wormhole_physics_tasty is correct, it's all explained in a very early season one episode by Carter

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                      - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                      - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                      - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                      - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                      - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

I had a simple analogy, being that a jet of steam does nothing to steel, but melts butter. It needn't be an inconsistency at all.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I have a real thought about it, the event horizon has two sides, one which is the normal entrance way is a stable event horizon which gives you access to two different points in time space almost immediately and the back side. A wormhole is theoretically a Einstein-Rosen bridge, which is a mixture of two black holes (sort of..).The Ancients would have to compensate for the instability of a black hole on the normal event horizon side, so that when you go in or even turn it on, it doesn't run hell on your world, but this would require a great amount of energy, so in terms of efficiency, I think they would only fully stabilise the side of the wormhole where you enter the event horizon normally, and only make sure the reverse side does not suck everything in. From this argument that I have formed, (not a very good one but worth a try) entering the other side of the wormhole would probably kill you because it is not fully stable.

Comment

What we see isn't actually the event horizon of a wormhole. The puddle effect, or stargate event horizon is something artificially created to facilitate the transfer of matter into an energy pattern for temporary storage in the gate's memory. That energy pattern is then transmitted. But the point is that what we see isn't actually a wormhole.

Great episodes that tell us these things. Let's see..

48 Hours is always good.
                            38 Minutes.
                            Duet

Maybe a little in Prototype. I can't be sure without rewatching it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Everyone knows that when you step through the other side of the stargate you turn into a furling or a donkey
                              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                                Everyone knows that when you step through the other side of the stargate you turn into a furling or a donkey
                                So thats where furlings come from...............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                                Gives you somthing to think about.

Comment

Working...
                                X