X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
    korolev (spelled and pronounced as such) is a 304
    Korelev is how it's spelled...according to Wikipedia, Google, and Gateworld. RIP Korelev.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
      Korelev is how it's spelled...according to Wikipedia, Google, and Gateworld. RIP Korelev.

Please don't correct someone's spelling about a word NOBODY (excluding the script writers for stargate) knows the spelling of right now....Have you seen it written down somewhere official? No. Therefore you should hold your tongue.

Comment

I'm sorry, i'm really trying to wrap my head around this concept.
        The ships Got nice Goodies from the Asgard but no offensive weapons.
        So instead we got some Rail Guns and some Mark-8 Tactical warheads.

But without the Beaming Technology, the Daedalus hasn't actually done a single bit of damage to a hive ship.

YET they fly into every Hive encounter as if they are going to single handedly take it out. Yet they always get roughed up, an end up jumping to hyperspace.

Isn't the Daedalus, about 1/10th the size of a Hive Ship?
        I fear they can do little more than Tickle them. I mean the Hive is part organic.

*shakes head* Caldwell must be Mighty Brave or Mighty Stupid.

I know, i know...its all they have. *rolls eyes*

Comment

This has been discussed a lot. Yes the ships are rather pathetic offensively, but only towards shielded vessels. The hives are not shielded and it's likely the railguns actually do quite a bit of damage. However, as you pointed out there is a significant size difference so it really doesn't matter how much damage their weapons can do. It's like shooting an elephant with a gun. It may hurt him but it won't come close to bringing him down.

PS - They are 304's

Comment

the asgard only gave them the transport for general use and didnt intend to let them use it as a weapon - hence there were safe guards which the little asgard dude had to bypass. Then from that moment onward the Daedalus was able to nuke the hives with transporter beams. Its weapons were the best earth had to offer as well. Prometheus had asgard weapons but it got zapped by the Ori satelite.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
              PS - They are 304's
              Now We Talking! God I hope so, Big Scarey Looking, Expensive Enough to Sink the Gross Domestic Product of 4 Developing Countries, Fully Loaded with Pimped Out THX Stereo Systems, and Optional Wraithe/Ori Super Destroyers....

Aww yeah....

Comment

Originally posted by uglyjaffa
                the asgard only gave them the transport for general use and didnt intend to let them use it as a weapon - hence there were safe guards which the little asgard dude had to bypass. Then from that moment onward the Daedalus was able to nuke the hives with transporter beams. Its weapons were the best earth had to offer as well. Prometheus had asgard weapons but it got zapped by the Ori satelite.
                Didn't they get the Plans for that Ori Sat?
                Didn't they learn anything? How about all the time we've have Goa'uld Staff Weapons and Glider guns, Even captured Goa'uld to research, Nothing?

Guess all that work with the Tok'ra hasn't really paid off in learning to integrate these thing with our own technology?

What about the Old Guy in Season 2's "Holiday", Ma'chello, didn't they learn anytihng from his goodies?

Or even the Databurst from Atlantis???

PLease! Anything?!

I dunno, maybe Area 51 needs a bigger research budget.
                Last edited by The_Tsid.; 11 March 2006, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Machine Messiah
                  Please don't correct someone's spelling about a word NOBODY (excluding the script writers for stargate) knows the spelling of right now....Have you seen it written down somewhere official? No. Therefore you should hold your tongue.
                  Ooo......Burn

And (to everyone) thanks this answers my question fairly well
                  I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Korolev is the correct spelling, it's a Russian name, not just a made up word.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper
                      But where did the BC part come from earth ships (larger ones anyways) are always X-303 (Prometheus God rest her soul) and X-304 (Daedalus + Odyssey)
                      Prometheus had BC-303 printed on her side!

Comment

First of all they need a better researcher, may be britain should send some out their to show them how to do it.

Comment

What's up with the inconsistincies in shielding for the various ships in stargate. Prommies shields are breeched by the first hit and Odyssey withstands a full blast from one of the Ori Ships' directed energy weapons?

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

what they need to do - is just get a huge fleet of 302s and then go bang on the door of the wraith.... that way they can take em down...... get atlantis in the air.. with the orion and let the good times roll!

Comment

maye there were upgraded since ethon and also oddy (lol) is a new ship then prommie
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i cant wait to see wut the orion has to offer, we definitly need a stronger defense and offensuve force

Comment

Working...
                                X