This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
    Prometheus is a BC-303. It has exactly that stamped on the side of the ship in huge letters. Daedalus is in it's own class, which was referred to in 'TPTB', where the government guy, referred to them expending their resources on building more Daedalus class ships, not more BC-303 class ships.

However against craft like Darts that can go through the gate & possesses very powerful energy weapons, then I'd honestly have to give them the number one spot. Followed by the 302 & then the Death Glider.
    I just hope this whole debate about the bc-303 is settled in an episod as it is anoying lol.
    Any way the daedalus is not the best ship in the universe but its not that bad. i have yet to c it and by the sounds of it will not for a while c it in a one on one with a gou'ald hatak or wraith crusier simpler sized ships pluse from what i have heard Odyssey is not completed when it goes into battle.
    As for the F-302 it is without a doubt the best fighter in stargate as the puddle jumper is not a fighter, the death glider sucks and darts are just glorifed cattle hearders.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
    O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

BAD

Earth mothership designs have always been designed like a bird.

It has port, aft, and wings.

The best designs for motherships should be symmetrical.

For example, Alien UFO's are depicted as saucers, The Borg have spheres and cubes, Atlantis is a star/pentagon configuration that folds down to look like an upside down tulip.

The benefits of a mothership being symmetrical is that if one side of the ship is disabled, the other sides could still remain operational.

consider the bird-like design like a ST: Federation ships' bussard ramscoops (the blue/red sides). If one side is damaged, it's like trying to run with one leg.

Like a Segway, if one wheel goes flat, you'll be going in circles.

However, a symmetrical design like ST: DS9 (Empok Nor/T*rok Nor), if weapons or impulse on any side of the station is disabled, another side can compensate.

Like a Spider has 8 legs, disable one leg, there are 7 others to rely on. Unless you paralyze it via nerve gas to render it useless (but that's another story).

Back to the main topic. Power design on the Prometheus and Daedelus. It relies on a progressive one-way flow. There's no automated redundancy no matter how many ways the bridge reroutes power. If the front section gets torn off, it's like cutting off your two hands and you're trying to find other means to type with.

Type with your toes or a pen in the mouth, but it won't be as fast as typing with 10 digit fingers.

The Hatak vessels were symmetrical. Pyrimid with octagonal redundancy. Except, their power source was centralized. If distributed to each side rather than in the middle and that each side was detachable in case of destruction like how ST: Prometheus (3-piece attack vessel) was designed, that would be much more efficient on the battlefield.

Enemies always knows how to make symmetrical ships. Why can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
        Prometheus is a BC-303. It has exactly that stamped on the side of the ship in huge letters. Daedalus is in it's own class, which was referred to in 'TPTB', where the government guy, referred to them expending their resources on building more Daedalus class ships, not more BC-303 class ships.
        Thanks Thats a good clarification. I didn't know that they referred the Daedalus within their own class. I was under the impression that Prometheus was X303 and later known as BC303 and Daedalus is an actual BC303.

Thanks
        Subspace Energy Technology Thread
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

OK

Why? They don't have good weapons. Some say they could go up against Ha'taks but I disagree. Well, maybe against the older class Ha'taks but not the new ones with "ancient-based" shields. (E. Anubis' shields)
          They have fine engines though.

And some said that it took two missiles to take down an Al'kesh. Well, do Al'kesh even have shields?

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
            Thanks Thats a good clarification. I didn't know that they referred the Daedalus within their own class. I was under the impression that Prometheus was X303 and later known as BC303 and Daedalus is an actual BC303.

Thanks

Prometheus has BC-303 on it's side, while Daedalus simply has U.S.A.F

Daedalus picture

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
              Point Taken.

Though I love Stargate with a passion, i'm not going to waste an hour of my day going through the threads on this site and reading every single post.
              Then don't post useless garble that has already been discussed and dismissed

I got better things to do with my life then sitting on the computer all day replying to ignorant b@$t@rd$. I'm out of here.
              Evidently not, since here you are replying to our posts. Bit hypocritcial? No?

What a child, is proven wrong and goes off to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                It's anoying when people make comments without reading the rest of the thread.

If a multi megaton naguada enhanced nuke didn't do squat against the shields of an older Ha'tak then what makes you think those railguns would do any better? Or the weaker nuke missiles she is armed with? As they stand at the moment they are garbage and only capable of fighting ships of Alkesh or smaller.

uhmm buddy... AND THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOU THAT ARE SAYING BC-303 ARE NOT MENT TO GO UP AGIANST HATAKS...... the reason the megaton naquada enhanced nuke didnt do **** was because thats before they added the shield enhibbiters on the nukes.... watch Tangent they explain that during season 4 all of earths warheads where armmed with Shield frequency enhibiters to help penitrate shields

now that is for shielded ships the nukes themselfs should do quite a good working of ships armor.

As for hataks ALL of our armorments are spacificly made to go up against Goauld shielding technology ALL OF YOU GO WATCH TANGENT SEASON 4 with the x301 Carter explains in that episode why our warheads would do good vs shielding technology now

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                  From what we've seen in Stargate Atalantis thus far the Daedalus has proven itself to be less than effective against Wraith warships when engaging them with its actual weapons. It was able to destroy them briefly by means of using its teleporter to deliver warheads past their defences but now that that gap has been sealed its ability to even threaten a Wraith ship is seriously in question.

Currently it's been for the most part delegated to the role of a cargo ship running supplies back and forth between Earth and Atlantis. In those rare occasions when it is called upon to perform its primary design function as a warship its unable to damage its Wraith adversary with any of its conventional weapons.

Based on this then is it essentially a design failure as a warship?

Does its performance against its enemies justify the added resources, ship volume and expense that went into things like 302 hangers, railguns and missiles tubes.

The people who built the Daedalus set out to create a warship capable of fighting it out with Earth's enemies. In your opinion did they succeed, or did they just waste a lot of resources building an over-glorified cargo ship that's largely useless for actual combat?
                  Dont worry we will have better weapons for it soon then the wraith will be running

Comment

Dunno about the Daedalus but the Prometheus is certainly a bad design because if it was a good design it wouldn't have been destoryed by three blasts from the satillite weapon in Ethon.
                    "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                      uhmm buddy... AND THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOU THAT ARE SAYING BC-303 ARE NOT MENT TO GO UP AGIANST HATAKS...... the reason the megaton naquada enhanced nuke didnt do **** was because thats before they added the shield enhibbiters on the nukes.... watch Tangent they explain that during season 4 all of earths warheads where armmed with Shield frequency enhibiters to help penitrate shields

now that is for shielded ships the nukes themselfs should do quite a good working of ships armor.

As for hataks ALL of our armorments are spacificly made to go up against Goauld shielding technology ALL OF YOU GO WATCH TANGENT SEASON 4 with the x301 Carter explains in that episode why our warheads would do good vs shielding technology now
                      None of us are saying it's not ment to go up against a Hatak, we are just saying it would be useless.

Season 4 tangent, hmmmm that's the episode where O'niell and teal'c get marooned in space in the modified death glider. That's what 5 years ago what's happened since then? Goa'uld shield upgrades at the hands on Anubis for one thing: Season 5 Episode 22 Revelations.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Aegir
                        Dunno about the Daedalus but the Prometheus is certainly a bad design because if it was a good design it wouldn't have been destoryed by three blasts from the satillite weapon in Ethon.
                        That sattelite would likely have taken out an Asgard ship. We have the same sheild thier ships do and it cut through them like tissue paper. The only difference is in and Asgards ships weapons and size, if Asgard weapons were effective against those shields maybe, but remember that its not that our weapons were just not strong enough, they had no effect at all on the shields after several hits from prometheus' missles and multiple hits from 302 missles, the shields did not weaken at all so they are really strong. An asgard ship is a lot bigger then prometheus was so it would have taken a lot more hits to take one out, but dont be too sure the ultimate end wouldn't be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                          And by your logic, the missles fired in Ethon should have penetrated the Sheilds of the Satelite......but they didnt. Whats that tell you about the "Shield frequency enhibiters(this is spelt with an 'i' not 'e' "? Not worth a crap.

What evidence are you basing this assumption on? For all we know Ha'taks are heavily armoured.
                          Think about it, before they developed sheilds they would have had to armour their ships against Energy Cannon fire, how do we know how though this stuff is? Or if nukes will do more than just dint the paint work?

The Phalanx CIWS wasn't, the Railguns were not, both anti-fighter/glider point defence weapons. As for the missles, so far we've see them do Sweet F*** All against pretty much everything but slow and unarmed transports. Wether it be the missles blowing up before they detonate or not, if they dont blow up when they're ment to then they are useless.

Comment

I havn't read this entire thread, so, im just gonna give my thoughts.

its an Earth based Vessel, in the year 2005-2006. this issn't startrek, (year 2300-2400), the Asguard gave us shields and engine technology for helping them with the replicators. they don't want us having advanced weapons technology, because like all other advanced races, fear that we may one day use it against them. ( a very good reason not to give us that tech, for one reason, the Trust ). the Daedalus has good weapons, just not very 'fast' the nukes it caries get shot down before they hit the target.

its not that the daedalus is a failure, just we wernt given the technology to make it better. considering what technology we currently have available. i think jumping a galaxy in 18 days is damn good.
                            Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                            (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
                              And by your logic, the missles fired in Ethon should have penetrated the Sheilds of the Satelite......but they didnt. Whats that tell you about the "Shield frequency enhibiters(this is spelt with an 'i' not 'e' "? Not worth a crap.
                              Not really, the inhibitors were designed for goa'uld shields, not Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                                That sattelite would likely have taken out an Asgard ship. We have the same sheild thier ships do and it cut through them like tissue paper. The only difference is in and Asgards ships weapons and size, if Asgard weapons were effective against those shields maybe, but remember that its not that our weapons were just not strong enough, they had no effect at all on the shields after several hits from prometheus' missles and multiple hits from 302 missles, the shields did not weaken at all so they are really strong. An asgard ship is a lot bigger then prometheus was so it would have taken a lot more hits to take one out, but dont be too sure the ultimate end wouldn't be the same.
                                We don't have the same shield they do on their ships we have an asguard "designed" shield. There's a difference. They wouldn't give us the best they have, only what they think we would need besides I doubt we have a sufficient power source to run the kind of shields and engines that the Asguard use let alone their weapons.

For starters their ships are powered by a power source that enables their ships to travel between galaxies in minutes. Daedalus even with a ZPM could only manage traveling between MW and Pegasus in 3-4 days.

I think that's down in part the design of the engines but daedalus certainly does the trip faster when it has more power available. Her shields were also stronger when the ZPM was tied into her systems. More power = stronger shields and faster engines.

Comment

Working...
                                X