Clear All

Originally posted by Thor of The Asgard
    ....the russians are gone bye bye...
    I hope the word
    Spoiler:
    apparently

is important in this sentence.

Originally posted by Dogs_Body
    When it comes down to it, i don't think an economic slump would stop France from biulding a battlecruiser, when her security and safty is at stake. That goes for any country really.
    I agree.

Originally posted by Dogs_Body
    and by the way love the pic of the French-British ship.
    Ad Concorde memoriam... or something like that.
    Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
      I still thik that the only country who has viable mean to build battlecruisers is the US. im british, so this is saying alot, they take massive reseources fro each one, plus access to the gate, intel and the asgard are all needed for these ship to opperate. the other countries will be a step behind al lthe way, its not possible fro them to catch up. also btw we shouldnt really be tlaking about these as USA ships because its the homeworld security, under supervision of the IC, which is international.
      Though, they are built and operated by the USAF. They're even designated as USAF ships.

Comment

the BC's are not allowed to be used in internal earth polotics, i think that was mentioned in disclosure. im sure part of the IC treatie states that the BC's and all SG military tech can only be used with the support of the planet to defend the plant, not for the benefits on only one nations gain. regardless of the building nation.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

So where does all this leave us?

Do other nations have the tech to build the ships or their own variations of them? I belive the IC has them so therefore all nations of the IC have them so that would be US, UK, France, China, Russia, Canada (and any others i'm missing)

US - can deffinitly biuld them so 2 to 4 in a year
          UK & France (with prob EU) - would be able to biuld bout the same if the resourses are avaible.
          Russia - 1 to 2 cus of economics and political unrest
          China - 1 to 2 as them may have a good economy but the manufactoring base is based on mass produced easy to biuld products not advanced product and systems
          Canada - 1

Other nations that could that would be able to build something (ie BC303 or/and F302) if they know about the SG
          Japan, Austrailia, New ZeaLand, Germany, Italy, Spain.

Other Nations that might be able to do something (ie F302) if they know about the SG would be
          India, South Africa, Brazil, Mexico, Pakistan, South Korea

this is very optimistic!! subject to the availablity of resorces. so if all goes well earth would be well on the way with 15 within a year and a **** load of f302's

another question would be what do you think the size and make up (ship types & nations involved) of the fleet in say... 10 years time?
          Arthur: O Knights of Ni. We have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?
          Knight of Ni: Yes, it is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. But there is one small problem....
          Arthur: What is that?
          Knight of Ni: We are now no longer the Knights Who Say "Ni"!
          Other Knights of Ni: Ni! Shh! Shh!
          Knight of Ni: We are now the Knights who say "Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
          Other Knight of Ni: Ni!
          Knight of Ni: Therefore, we must give you a test.
          Arthur: What is this test, O Knights of..... Knights who 'til recently said "Ni"?
          Knight of Ni: Firstly, you must find.... ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
            Dude, I have been to Canada its FREEZING UP THERE!! and I'm from Cleveland!!, give me area 51 anyday, right in the middle of the desert.....
            You'd be surprised. This winter in Halifax (on the East Coast, in the province of Nova Scotia), we haven't gotten many snowstorms, and the temperatures have been above -5 degrees C.

Not to mention it rained alot the other day, and on sunday, we had temperatures up to 12 degrees C.
            Subspace Energy Technology Thread
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

In 10 years time....

maybe a base of about 20-30 Deadalus class battlecruisers. Similar number of some lighter assault craft. I would hope that even before 10 years we might be able to see some bigger battlecruisers. At the moment the Deadalus class is serving as a carrier/cruiser mix as we don't have enough ships.

I would hope that in time they will come up with dedicated battlecruisers and/or suppercarriers
              Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
              +
              Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
                In 10 years time....

maybe a base of about 20-30 Deadalus class battlecruisers. Similar number of some lighter assault craft. I would hope that even before 10 years we might be able to see some bigger battlecruisers. At the moment the Deadalus class is serving as a carrier/cruiser mix as we don't have enough ships.

I would hope that in time they will come up with dedicated battlecruisers and/or suppercarriers
                wow...thats a whole lotta of fire power....20-30 deadalus......great!!

Comment

yeah, the Carriers seriously need firesupport from missile destroyers firing salvos of smaller yield nukes...

and for earth defense im thinking space platforms[think ARMD from ROBOTECH] that have...
                  mabybe 10-20 deployed
                  1.Verticle missile launchers,firing salvos like the BCs
                  2.heavy railguns
                  3.possibly drone fighters
                  4.Heavy shielding

Comment

It would be so much easier if the existence of the stargate was disclosed. There would then be know need to build huge underground bunkers in order to build ships in secret. Imagine a few factories that can fit 3 or 4 Daedalus-class ships side by side for simultaneous construction.
                    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'd love to see that, but it prolly can only happen at the very end of stargate-it will be too easy for sg1 if everywhere they go they have 20 cruisers for back up. Otherwise if we did do that and mass produced our ships we would be able to match and exeed Jaffa production in a few years probably-doubt they have heard of that concept
                      Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                      +
                      Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
                        I'd love to see that, but it prolly can only happen at the very end of stargate-it will be too easy for sg1 if everywhere they go they have 20 cruisers for back up. Otherwise if we did do that and mass produced our ships we would be able to match and exeed Jaffa production in a few years probably-doubt they have heard of that concept
                        I think in 10 years without going public they would have close to 50 to 60 ships but it did go public then with mass production close to 200 BC and a number of larger ships with gods knows how many f302s and smaller capital ships now that would start to rival the Jaffa Nation. But in ten years i don't think sg1 would still be going through the SG. Now that would be cool, thou Stargate would not be the same as it is now
                        Knight of Ni: Yes, it is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. But there is one small problem....
                        Knight of Ni: We are now the Knights who say "Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
                        Arthur: What is this test, O Knights of..... Knights who 'til recently said "Ni"?

Comment

The only cost effective way for Earth to mass-produce 50 Daedalus-class ships would be for them to disclose the existence of the stargate. They had enough trouble keeping the Prometheus secret. Earth can't produce 50 aircraft carriers in 10 years. Space ships are a lot more resource intensive and complex then aircraft carriers. In ten years time with the existence of the stargate disclosed the best they could hope for is 20-30 ships.

Maybe if they built shipyards in orbit that could build dozens of ships at once. They could just beam up all the resources that they need for the construction too.
                          "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by cs-comm
                            The only cost effective way for Earth to mass-produce 50 Daedalus-class ships would be for them to disclose the existence of the stargate. They had enough trouble keeping the Prometheus secret. Earth can't produce 50 aircraft carriers in 10 years. Space ships are a lot more resource intensive and complex then aircraft carriers. In ten years time with the existence of the stargate disclosed the best they could hope for is 20-30 ships.

Maybe if they built shipyards in orbit that could build dozens of ships at once. They could just beam up all the resources that they need for the construction too.

if the SG was disclosed then i think it would be easy to mass produce ships 10 to 20 in a year, under "war" situtation we could pump them out very quickly, just look at WW2 and warships, at one time i think it was about 10 days for a ship, and i know the BC303 is a lot more complicated so bout 10 to 20 a year would be reasonable. And god knows how many f302s etc

Comment

if the SG was publicated then i think we would have to halt producion for a while, people would demand to leave earth, and colonise, that would have to be dealt with...a intergalactic goverment set up, then an ecomie and offical race status introduced. then we could restart production, IMO publication shouldnt happen until enough ships have been create to be able to stabalise situations arising all over the galaxy resulting from mass human translocation, and also to quell jaffa uneasyness...befroe we getto protection form the orii and the like.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
                                Ad Concorde memoriam... or something like that.
                                I just have to say tis a really nice design, makes ME feel like I need to salute

Personally I would rather have an multi national ship like that. I think it's probably the way to go.

I wouldn't want for Britain to totally be behind and only create smaller craft, I would suspect if it were to go like that then a carrier craft might eventually be completed or some sort of British mother-ship. But it's an interesting concept about eventually giving countries different production of craft, whether it be large or small.

Dunno if this has been discussed but would a UN ship be required, I mean would that, if possible need public disclosure of all interstellar projects as they exist now, stargate etc.
                                But since the UN has peacekeeping forces or simply even forces, might they eventually have tech along those lines?
                                I wouldn't expect any EU tech, as it is by original design a trade union, however, it does now have a government, with disputed powers, but would a commercial venture enable some designs and perhaps even aid the creation of pamplemousse's concorde inspired idea?

Probably doubtful because I'm tired and not thinking things through really but nevertheless, just a thought...
                                -Zeppelin Rules!-

Comment

Working...
                                X