Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think every ship will have little bit extra, our hsip deisngs are far from complete, theres alot to add on befroe we can finally say, yeah that our ship, let go for it full steam. the deadalus is fine ship by any standard but its not perfect, if it doesnt get a decent weapon system above that of the rail guns then it could be relegated to the suply runner station permenantly.
    also if we get a few hataks's, alkesh's and the like, well have neough system to study to be able to retor a decent energy cannon type thing. we can lift and drop hyperdrive in to promethius, why not a hatak planetary cannon on to the deadalus.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by cs-comm
      Hopefully more then two...

That way they might actually be able to defend themselves against an attack using their ships.

Considering the time it took to build two ships (~two years) I would expect there to be at least 3 - 5 ships by end of season ten. Depending on if they decide to create more prototypes (which take longer to build).

In my opinion they should just disclose the existence of the stargate and begin mass-production of BC-302 (aka Daedalus-class) ships so that they have a fighting force to rival the Jaffa Nation. Of course mass-production would mean that the Asgard would need to commit to sending a number of their engineers to manage the Asgard technology on these ships. Or perhaps we would send our own engineering and techies to "Asgard School" where they can learn to operate the Asgard tech by themselves.

To keep producing these ships in secret bases would make it difficult if not impossible to build a realistic defense force in a realistic amount of time.

I don't agree, I wanna see earth with a fleet of different kind of vessels, Daedalus, Prometheus and then a russian vessel of ther own design, and hopefully a british one too. Along with more american. And also some ha'tak and then al'kesh. =)

p.s the other types would have different types of weapons. Perhaps one with ha'tak weapons or the al'kesh bomb-thing.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

i think including hataks and goauld weapons in to the fleet would help us diversify. also we could be geeting some majorly powerfull ships to study/ control via atlantis back half. and i think sooner or later an asgard ship will get permenantly stationed at earth. i would also love to the hebridan people get involved, they were seriously coo, advanced and IMO our greatest new allie since the asgard...shame on the writers for ingnoring them!
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
          i think there's a huge battle at the end of S9 involving quite a few ships
          That's what I heard too. That would be a cool battle scene.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
            and hopefully a british one too.
            And a French one too. Or a franco-british ship (French "astronautic" parts, british avionic parts).
            Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
              And a French one too. Or a franco-british ship (French "astronautic" parts, british avionic parts).
              Well... French could maybe build one too. But I think Russia will be the first one to do so in stargate except from the US. And then perhaps later China will.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by cs-comm
                Hopefully more then two...

That way they might actually be able to defend themselves against an attack using their ships.

Considering the time it took to build two ships (~two years) I would expect there to be at least 3 - 5 ships by end of season ten. Depending on if they decide to create more prototypes (which take longer to build).

In my opinion they should just disclose the existence of the stargate and begin mass-production of BC-302 (aka Daedalus-class) ships so that they have a fighting force to rival the Jaffa Nation. Of course mass-production would mean that the Asgard would need to commit to sending a number of their engineers to manage the Asgard technology on these ships. Or perhaps we would send our own engineering and techies to "Asgard School" where they can learn to operate the Asgard tech by themselves.

To keep producing these ships in secret bases would make it difficult if not impossible to build a realistic defense force in a realistic amount of time.
                But would it be fun? I think Stargate secrecy is one of the fun parts of SG. It could, but however unlikely, be true. (I fantasisze about that sometimes) (bird flu anyone? )

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  Drools at the thought of massive space battle

i cant wait for it. to the ship number question i think earths fleet with consist of 8ships, battleships that is. in addition to this i think once we defeat the lucian allience we will gain all of the thier old ships, increasing our fleet to at least 6 alkesh in attion to our own ships. We know a LA episode is due and i hope we kick ass and then get the booty.
                  Currently it's only known that Odyssey & Orion will be fighting side by side. There will be more but nowehere near 8 I don't think. The Koreleve will also be there or thereabouts as we know it's fate in the S3 opener.

As to a post above, Daedalus won't be appearing. It's in the finale of Atlantis where
                  Spoiler:
                  It gets ambushed by two hive ships over Lantia & it gets pretty banged up. So I'm afraid no Daedalus in SG-1 finale.

With regards to the Lucian Alliance, they have hardly been seen so far, they only make two known appearances in S9. The second one comes in 'Off the grid'. They won't be defeated by Earth for a good while to come. They are a recurring enemy in S10 & potentially beyond. In fact they will reappear in an early episode of SG-1 S10

From JM's latest blog:

but it looks like Alan will be stepping in to pen the big "rescue op" story he pitched (nice to see the Lucian Alliance making their presence known as things develop)
                  What is also known is that Earth will be fighting alongside an unexpected ally against the invading Ori ships in the finale (in a previous blog entry). Since it says unexpected, then my money is on either Ba'al or the Lucian Alliance. Then after they finish thrwarting it, they go back at each others throats again.

Comment

Furlings!

Asgard! (since they usually don't send ships)

Ancients!

The Nox!

The Fifth Race (ow damn that's ourselves, hmz, maybe they mean the Russians or Chinese?)

Replicators? (probably not) , Ba'al? (doesn't have any ships), FJN is not really unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                      But I think Russia will be the first one to do so in stargate except from the US. And then perhaps later China will.
                      That's why I proposed a joint ship. It can allow us to build faster.
                      Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

After the Eurofighter farce, I can't see a joint project of this scale working at all.

Perhaps one international ship, that contains input from every country. Then it could be a kinda exploration vessel. Then that would probably work, but can't see nations joining up for ships like that. There is no way though, that due to the touchpaper that is Russian politics will their ships be loader with proper Asgard tech. It'll most likely be on the same scale as Prometheus when 'Disclosure' came about. Instead of proper Asgard tech, it will have Asgard designed tech. Although I do think they will personalise it a little more in the shape etc, so it'll look different from the rest. Although it'll also be weaker than the US ships as well.

Think about it, a rogue Russian general sells the transporter tech to the highest bidder. It ends up in the hands of terrorists who could pluck anybody from their bed or anywhere they choose to take them from. Not very likely as well as full strength shields. Since the US ships don't have energy weapons then rail guns or crappy missiles won't do much against the proper Asgard shields.

Comment

Personally I would've have expected in the Stargate lore that the russians would the the ones to build a large vessel.

If any others were to appear, they would most likely write in something to do with a joint European vessel, Eurofighter or not.
                          -Zeppelin Rules!-

Comment

i think the best chance for an international ship would be if they discovered another ancient ship in PG, and then that became earth offical intergovermental ship, manned by civilians from the atlantis expedition ( who would have just as much experience with ancient tech as the USA by now), that IMO is the only way i can see the joint ship coming in to opperation. we find a ship and man it with personall from all the countries...builting one simply puts the logistics of building a battlecruisers out of proportion withthe gain it could bring...given the fact that the first russian ship gets blown up by all accounts i find it hard to believe any other goverment would be willing to fit the bill on a 3nd grade ship that would be the first to go in a battle.
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Come on what about Canada. We can build these things, we built the Canada Arm!!! So he have the lamest Military ever. He could build them for you guys, and help in support and tech parts of the ship. Plus we have tons of unihabited room for secret military operations.

I got a name to
                              The Chunk (jk)

Comment

Originally posted by Ichigo
                                Come on what about Canada. We can build these things, we built the Canada Arm!!! So he have the lamest Military ever. He could build them for you guys, and help in support and tech parts of the ship. Plus we have tons of unihabited room for secret military operations.

I got a name to
                                The Chunk (jk)
                                That's it I'm emigrating and supporting you.
                                -Zeppelin Rules!-

Comment

Working...
                                X