This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit
    actually i think the deddy wuld be worse off against a ha'tak than a hive ship. Ha'taks have shields (hive ships dont) and energy weapons, if they can block the beaming aswell the deddy wuldn't stand a chance against a ha'tak imo.
    It depends wether or not their weapons are any match against the deadalus's sheilds. Deadalus seemed to hold out aginst the wraith very well. The Ha'taks weapons might not even be paowerful enough to wear the sheilds down

Comment

I'd say the Daedalus (thats the right spelling, thats what their patches say!) would rip a ha'tak to pieces, if u think about it, a hive ship is made to cull and entire planet, to take a planet for the Goa'uld need multiple ha'taks, we just need something instead of missles! Maybe felger could get that plasma thing working!
      Good Evening, Good Nite, GOOD BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
        Thing is though the Earth ships don't have to suck like they've been doing. With the tech they're already using they could make some nasty stuff just by shuffling things around a bit and applying some brainpower.

They've got engines that can accel a ship the size of a prommie to .99c for example. They should be able to make some damn good missiles with engine tech like that.

The railguns are another point. They suck for only one reason, they're too small. Ok it's fine to have a few of the small fast firing ones to shoot down deathgliders and stuff but watching the Daedalus trying to use them against 4km Wraith hiveships is just a head scratcher. Now if the D used some of that empty flat space on its back to mount a few turretted railguns of anti-capship size it would have a decent weapon at it's disposal.

You just take the nukes it's already using for its missiles and fire them out of the railgun instead. You don't get homing ability but you do get a much faster projectile the snakeheads or space vamps can't just shoot down while laughing at you.

The Wraith don't even have shields so you could blast through their bare hulls with time delay fused nukes and start one shot killing their ships with the resulting internal nuke explosions.

If that doesn't work because the nukes aren't big enough or the guns aren't fast enough then just build the whole ship as a flying gun. Run one giant railgun all the way from the prow to almost the stern, then drop a giant naquadria "gatebuster" nuke into the breach, line up one of the sluggish ships of our rivals and let them eat it.

It might not be pretty but that'll get it done.
        you dont need to waste nucleur material on railgun rounds just use a really hard material and the speed does the rest

Comment

Well, i think the X-303's will lose against most enemy's sure they have great defenses, but as stated before, the weapons suck. Goa'uld weapons and Wraith weapons are more powerfull than earth's. And unless they can beam in a nuke they don't do much damage. And sinds both the Wraith(SiegeIII) and the Goa'uld(Revelations) can block Asgard beam technology They don't stand a change.

The X-302's however are a different matter, they are far superior to deathgliders, they're more manuvrable than DG and possibly Wraith darts. But mostly they beat all other ships this size because they're capable of entering hyperspace(Fallen)

Now if Earth could come up with a way to make missiles capable of hyperdrive, the way they did with the X-302. They could take out any enemy ship, they could simply let the missiles drop out of hyperspace inside the enemy ship and make them explode the instand they do so.
          sigpic

Comment

The x-303's missiles did do some damage in beachhead against the ori forcefeild they must be quite powerful to do that. So maybey they would tear through a ha'tac i don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Loaf
              The x-303's missiles did do some damage in beachhead against the ori forcefeild they must be quite powerful to do that. So maybey they would tear through a ha'tac i don't know
              I doubt it, think all the way back to season1/2 the nuclear weapons in 'Within the serpents grasp' did absolutely nothing to a ha'tak and goa'uld ships have bin upgraded since then.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                I doubt it, think all the way back to season1/2 the nuclear weapons in 'Within the serpents grasp' did absolutely nothing to a ha'tak and goa'uld ships have bin upgraded since then.
                i thought the warheads hit the shield but didn't go off?

Comment

they hit the shield and exploded but had no effect, maybe the shield strength decreased a little but the ship woz still intact.

Comment

1000 megaton blast should have done more than than the tiny little explosion iy looked like. Are you sure

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze
                      The X-302's however are a different matter, they are far superior to deathgliders, they're more manuvrable than DG and possibly Wraith darts. But mostly they beat all other ships this size because they're capable of entering hyperspace(Fallen)
                      The only problem is they are fasr superior in quick engagments. Once they expend their armaments, the Deathgliders limitless (reletively speaking) energy-weapon systems will win out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                        The only problem is they are fasr superior in quick engagments. Once they expend their armaments, the Deathgliders limitless (reletively speaking) energy-weapon systems will win out.
                        True, i forgot about that, high time we get some energy weapons of our own.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think that the Deadlus would do fine against the Goa'uld. The one problem is that they do not have plasm or laser weapons. Those do more damage than anything.
                          Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
                            you dont need to waste nucleur material on railgun rounds just use a really hard material and the speed does the rest
                            You're assuming Earth is going to be able to make a railgun that fast. So far they've only managed mach 5. If you just shoot a nuke you don't have to worry about making it fast enough to kill them with kinetic energy, just fast enough not to get intercepted. It also saves your ship's limited reactor power for other things like shields or even a second nuke firing railgun.

Also Earth has an entire naquada asteroid from that time Anubis tried to kill us with it. I think we're pretty set on naquada for the near future. Mind as well start making lots and lots of bombs from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze
                              True, i forgot about that, high time we get some energy weapons of our own.
                              if we get an energy weapon in any form all of our ship will be vastly superior to anything else in SG.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

i think the problem is that we have no energy weapons...why not put some hatak weapons on the d they culd do it...
                                tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                                yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                                Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X