This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
    I agree, galixy conquering ships dont just grow on trees.
    But money does
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

yes take a look in S&T: earth ships; past present and future, there are some ideas in there that might provide some sort of answer...
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Hey, we've got shuttles. Who needs anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
          I agree, galixy conquering ships dont just grow on trees.

Ha that’s what you think I have that tree in my back yard or is that an apple tree either way it’s not good

I don't see y we need one right now but I haven’t seen S9 sure they could use in SGA but the Wraith think we are dead at this point so
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

Carriers, cruisers, destroyers, different fighter designs, and some bombers. Plus energy weapons please. Vorlon planet killers would be cool but won't happen.

Comment

The BC-303s are awesome and they get the job done. We don;t need big ass, intimidating ships like Anubis' mother ship. Practicallity is far better, especially given our limited knowledge at this point in time.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick7733
                When will earth put a full fledge battleship or carrier in service.
                they need to stop pussie footing around with these battle crusier like the daedalus.We need to be a galatic power.
                how is Daedulus not a full fledge battle ship? it is huge (by our standars at least) has great shields and a ton of weapons (so not energy weapons but they have tons of other weapons) and it carries a squadron of fighters as well. so how are they "pussyfooting" around?

Comment

I'm more curious about this "We need to be a galactic power." stuff.

The Governments of the world can't usually agree on what to have for lunch at official functions let alone what needs to be done with the inhabitants of P3X-966 who are constantly getting Mosquito bites and dying. I think we should worry about actually getting this world together and managed before we even consider rampaging about conquering plantes and Claiming them for the Glory of the Tau'Re.

It's like Lex Luthor trying to conquer the entire universe. When he can barely keep the group of miscreants around the boardroom table from destroying the furniture. National Power...then Global power...then Planetary power...then MAYBE spread out and become a quadrant power...and if we haven't killed each other off and self exploded by then...go for Galactic power.

Comment

well we may not be a galatic power, but i doubt the galaxy would try to attack us.....which is a start.
                    As to ships, sure there are things we can do, and the designs on Gw for the nxt stage of earth sips are pretty good, but the deadalus is a good ship, sure it lack weapons that can blast through ships like a stone through water, but it will do fine for defending a planet.....lets face it, on earth if somebody comes we will rely on the outpost powered by mark 2 generators a heck of alot more than ships ( well i would anyway!) and for that a ship with great shields that can run away easily is perfect, plus while its taking hits for the team the asgard and jaffa will show up to help and SG1 will save the day.........

as to galatic power, i think we can handle a few more pplaces than we have now but the best idea is to put long term cell units ( teams of 5/6 ppl on a world to study long term), for example on for the jaffa, tokra, S./hebs, asgard would be perfect IMO.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by jree
                      Carriers, cruisers, destroyers, different fighter designs, and some bombers. Plus energy weapons please. Vorlon planet killers would be cool but won't happen.
                      We have a bunch of our own gliders but we should develop a couple mid range bombers or a cargo ship.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                        how is Daedulus not a full fledge battle ship? it is huge (by our standars at least) has great shields and a ton of weapons (so not energy weapons but they have tons of other weapons) and it carries a squadron of fighters as well. so how are they "pussyfooting" around?
                        first it is designated BC-X303. BC=Battel cruiser. Second yeah a lot of weapons that can be shot down or intercepted.
                        When you play the Maverick your gonna lose.

Comment

Originally posted by drronin112
                          I'm more curious about this "We need to be a galactic power." stuff.

The Governments of the world can't usually agree on what to have for lunch at official functions let alone what needs to be done with the inhabitants of P3X-966 who are constantly getting Mosquito bites and dying. I think we should worry about actually getting this world together and managed before we even consider rampaging about conquering plantes and Claiming them for the Glory of the Tau'Re.

It's like Lex Luthor trying to conquer the entire universe. When he can barely keep the group of miscreants around the boardroom table from destroying the furniture. National Power...then Global power...then Planetary power...then MAYBE spread out and become a quadrant power...and if we haven't killed each other off and self exploded by then...go for Galactic power.

What I meant is that the asgard are a power as are the jafa and nox. If we want to be more respected and relie less on others then we need to become a galatic power. So start cranking out those ships!!!!
                          When you play the Maverick your gonna lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick7733
                            first it is designated BC-X303. BC=Battel cruiser. Second yeah a lot of weapons that can be shot down or intercepted.
                            actually its just BC-303, and technically should be BC-303A, there is no "X". and is there really that much of a difference between calling it a Battle Ship and a Battle Cruiser? no there isnt. its the same thing.

Comment

Do we need more ships? YES
                              Do we need advanced technology? YES

Do we need to be a galactic power? Not yet.
                              This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

They are formidable craft, these...shuttles?

Anyway, I like to think that the Daedalus will be reproduced to form a fleet of Earth ships that'll go out and kick some serious mik'ta.

Comment

Working...
                                X