Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the O'Neill, the Asgard should build another. It doesn't seem as though they have built anything capable of that of The O'Neill.

(Bearing in mind I have not seen season nine.)

Owen Macri

Comment

Earth "Battle Cruisers" are tiny, calling the Promi, Daedalus, Odyssey and Ethon Battle Cruisers is Really Sad they are the Size of Frigates maybe a Destroyer

FYI classes are in this order

Frigate
      Destroyer
      Light Cruiser
      Heavy Cruiser
      Battle Cruiser
      Battle Ship

Mothership

City

Comment

The O'Neil is the same length as a hatak and thats like 1500/2000m long.
        Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
        Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
        - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
        - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

A Ha'Tak is ~650m long and 350 high

Comment

A ha'tak is 10times bigger than the prommie which makes it 2000meters long.Im taking aAnubiSs is going on about pyramid ships like the one in the film which would be about 700meters long.
            Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
            Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
            - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
            - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

umm, no, scaling sugest that a Ha'Tak is only around 550-600m in diameter

Comment

The Daedalus

The side bays are hangers and repair areas and have clamshell space doors with a shield to prevent air loss when open. Mention is made of "the bay" but the D had just returned from Earth so other bay may have been used for stores as both are identical externally.

The fighters are arrayed down each side of the hanger, seem to be 4 a side making 8 per hanger. There are large, what may be lifts set in the hanger floor, large enough for the F-302, the unseen underfloor area may be of similar height to the hanger, which is about 1 1/2 times the height of the fighter, or about 30 feet.
                At the back of the bay are diagnostic and repair equipment.
                The width of the bay doors are about 50% bigger than the wingspan of the F-302, or about 95 feet, and the hanger appears to be about 140 feet wide.

The F-302 in space sounds like a cylon drone fighter lol.
                The F-302s has 2 hardpoints per wing and 2 wing root mounted internal cannon, neither gatlin nor railgun as bursts are short, and sounds wrong, maybe 27mm mauser or similar.
                The missiles carried on the fighter have short delta mid wings and cut off rear surfaces, appear to be AIM-120C (cut off fins) with added reaction control, such a program has been ongoing with the missile for some years (aero control surfaces no good in a vaccume)
                The wing span of the F-302 is 5 times the missile lenght, ie about 62 feet.
                The lenght of the F-302 is half the span, or about 31 feet from nose to nozzle tips.

The main rotating scanner on the upper hull of the D, the rear dish like one in front of the side structure, is responsible for long range sensors and asgard beam locating sensors.

The Daedalus main power coil is in the main hull like the Prommies, but further back, starts behind the nose area where the side extenions are and is about the same lenght as the base of those extensions. It has the same cooling coils around it, the D is naquadria powered it seems. The raised part of the hull behind the nose silos appears to be a maintainence access hatch to the engine room, it is directly above the forward end of the power core, conjecture however.

The Daedalus does seem much larger than the Prometheus, maybe as much as 800 feet wide, 1400+ feet long, and 200 feet high excluding antenna. Using the 95 foot width of the hanger door as a reference.

All measurements are taken from freeze frames and a ruler and as perpectives are not always idea, could be + or - 10%.

http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=86728

Comment

The Daedalus

I would like to point out that the Pegasus Galaxy (Pegasus Dwarf Irregular Galaxy) is located at right ascension 23h28m36.25s and declination +14d44m34.5s in the equatorial coordinate system, and is approximately 3.38 million light years from earth, largely "beneath" the plane of the galactic disc.

Using 3.38 gLY as a distance traveled, ignoring the small (relatively) thickness of the 2 galactic discs and the diameters of the Milky Way and the PDIG, we arrive at an approximate hyperspace velocity of 4.6 e16 miles per hour, or 46 quintillion miles per hour. With the ZPM, its roughly 4.5 times faster.

So, Hyperspace cruising velocity of 4.6 e16 mph, or 7825 LYph. At this velocity, one could traverse the Milky Way in just over 12 hours.

Comment

The Daedalus

Studying a schematic behind Hemoid, the D's width is half it's lenght. 82mm long, 43mm wide, side hangers 23mm long x 8mm wide, flatdeck 40mm long x 27mm wide incl the side ext, powercore 25mm long, nose overall 16mm wide, nose main 9mm wide, hanger 6mm wide, 8mm long, main sublight engines 30mm long. Using a ratio of 1mm = 18 feet from the hanger dimension, that is, the hangar being 95' wide, we get + or - 10% ;

Lenght 1475 feet
                    Beam overall 775 feet
                    Height exc antenna 190 feet
                    Central hull width 160 feet
                    Hull width over nose extensions 290 feet
                    Flatdeck lenght overall 720 feet
                    Flatdeck width overall including angled sides 485 feet
                    Hanger side pods overall lenght 415 feet
                    Hanger side pods overall width 145 feet
                    Hanger internal lenght 240 feet
                    Hanger internal width 140 feet
                    Hanger internal height 30 feet
                    Hanger door width 95 feet
                    Ion engines lenght 560 feet (from nozzile to powercore)

Last edited by EnigmaNZ; 30 August 2005, 12:02 AM.

Comment

The Daedalus

When deciding the ratio, was there anypoint in the show where any of the 302's come out of the hangers?

Yes there were several shots, one I froze at the point of just being past the bay door, measured the wingspan at 40mm and the door just behind it at 62mm at the opening. In another shot it came out of the hangar and did a climb that showed the underside, the missiles looked like AMRAAMs but they use aero control which doesn't work in space, but a bit of searching revealed a version that has been in testing since 2000 that has a longer motor and reaction control, that is, the thrust is used to steer the missile, not just the wings, so it was a AIM-120C, the C has shorter clipped wings compared to earlier AMRAAMs to fit the F-22 internal bays. This missile is 12' 6" long. The wingspan of the F-302 was 5 times this and the lenght of the F-302 was half the span. That made the F-302 about 31 foot long with a 62 foot span.

The show also showed good shots inside the hanger bay, the 4 fighters lined up each side at an angle of about 45 degrees from memory facing the door. That had to make the hanger at least 160 feet long, then there was a space between the formost fighter and the bay door of about 40 feet, then there was a space at the rear of the bay with the diagnostic equipment etc that looked big enough for a couple more fighters, no major maintenance equipment here, more like that required for minor repairs, I am thinking the large lifts in the floor, about 70 foot square, take the fighter below into the maintenance workshop. The lift was a large square area with markings that was about 4 to 6 inches lower than the rest of the deck, in an awkward area if it was a permanent feature, so thinking more a lift that was not flush with the deck in this shot. If the bay door was 50% larger than the fighters wingspan, that made it 95 foot. From that other measurements can be made for the rest of the D. At least able to give a ball park fiqure. But a lot depends on how accurate the set designers are compared to the schematics that come up on various viewscreens.

Comment

I would choose Daedalus since it is so much better than Prommie. Bigger, better weapons, shields and engines. The only thing better would be an Asguard ship. Despite not seeing the season yewt I've seen pictures of it. Not to mention flown it.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Iam new here so I apologise if this thread has been done before.

I was wondering if Russia or any of the other countries that know of the stargate will have ships?I know that the agreement with russia for their stargate was full disscloser of all things X 302 and X 303 related.
                          Will we see any ships other than US?
                          When you play the Maverick your gonna lose.

Comment

Who knows, only TPTB can decide

Welcome to the Forum!

Comment

I doubt the other countries can afford to build ships
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

and yes it has been done before, in any way the title can be interpretted.
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X