This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lethalfang
    When a human die, is the matter destroyed?
    This has always been my thinking, any time I've seen someone state that the Ascended can not be destroyed because energy can not be destroyed, but it seems to be such a widespread belief that I wondered if it was ever put forward in the canon.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by lethalfang
      When a human die, is the matter destroyed?
      When humans die, some critical function or organ, like the beating heart, stops working. The corpse is the matter in question here. It may be buried, in which case the matter in converted into energy for the bacteria and stuff that eat it. If the corpse is cremated, it is converted into a different kind of matter (ashes) and energy in the form of heat and light. Matter cannot be created or destroyed. It comes from something, and is converted into something. Ditto with energy. I think ascended beings can probably be killed somehow, but their energy cannot just be erased. It must be converted into something else.
      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

So... basically, you'd need something that would...

A: Disperse their energy from here to Saturn.
        B: Absorb and utilize their energy. (To power anti-Goa'uld technology, harharhar!)
        C: Convert their energy into matter... and just ignore this; it's far too silly.
        [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Could it be that the Ori found a different way to ascend than the truths of the Alterans, some overwhelming dark truth of the universe? The form that the ascended take is interesting. Alterans-white jellyfish angels Anubis- gaseous shadow Ori- jellyfish on fire Also, while there may be a fair number of ascended Ancients floating around, like a few hundred, maybe a thousand, but that's all there are in our galaxy. But I have two questions: what does one Ori by itself look like? and Do the ascended in Pegasus have a different ethereal 'district' than the ones in our galaxy?
          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
          Caboose: They could be worse?
          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Maybe they just prefer the Flamin' Jellyfish look.
            [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
              I think ascended beings can probably be killed somehow, but their energy cannot just be erased. It must be converted into something else.
              Or, presumably, rearranged.

Originally posted by Syera
              "Sure, the superpowers have some good specs, but can we have the jellyfish be on fire?"
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

So. Kind of like the death of a Vorlon? Big explosion?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                  They needed it for the whole fire thing

Comment

i dont mean to point out the obvious, but we seems to have deviated a bit from the thread name....

death to acend....nope. you do not need to die, because if you watch epiphany **dam spelling** you see perfect health humand ascending.

can someone tell me how to post spoiler tags,

Comment

also in prototype -> danny said that mini-anubis merely need to realise how to ascend in order to just shed his boady and leave; no initially death as a catalyst is required
                      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by happyclappy
                        i dont mean to point out the obvious, but we seems to have deviated a bit from the thread name....

death to acend....nope. you do not need to die, because if you watch epiphany **dam spelling** you see perfect health humand ascending.

can someone tell me how to post spoiler tags,
                        If you want to do spoiler tags, they should look like the following:
                        (spoiler) your text here (/spoiler) but instead of parenthesizes, you use brackets []
                        "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

Comment

I would say there is probably a way to destroy an ascended being, but we don't know how to yet, it is very difficult ascended being are near omnipitent...

Well the Ancients couldn't destroy or "descend" Anubis.
                          That was because they chose not to interfere and it was part of Oma's punishment.

Comment

how are we meant to destroy them they are on a diff plane of existance..
                            someone pass me the delete plane of existance weapon...lol
                            tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                            yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                            Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X