X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
    a few dozen isnt much.
    If you remember a few dozen drones were used to help fend off a wave of incoming wraith darts in Siege II, which helped us buy some valuable time until the Daedalus arrived. Without them Atlantis may have been lost.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp240573
      I guess this has been raised before but I will asked again.

How could the Atlantians loose a war against the Wrath with the fire power of them drones? The Orion seemed to have no problems downing a Hive ship!! so what went wrong?

also, what do the Drones do on impact to cause such damage on the hive ship or any vessel as a matter of fact.

I would love to see the result of a drone attack on an Orii ship.

CJ
      I'll give you an M-16 with about six or seven spare clips of ammo.

Then I'll drop you on a very small island with 5,000 screaming cannibals (who are smart enough to know you're not a god), and nowhere to hide.

I bet you a million dollars you'll be dead by the end of the week. Ten million bucks says you're cooking nicely on a spit by noon.

Comment

one ancient satelite can own easily 3 hive ships according the ancient database and they had dozens of them !! only think that
        Last edited by The_Fifth; 18 July 2006, 09:48 PM.
        Hallowed are the Ori !!!
        Follow the path of the Enlightment !
        Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by cjp240573
          I guess this has been raised before but I will asked again.

How could the Atlantians loose a war against the Wrath with the fire power of them drones? The Orion seemed to have no problems downing a Hive ship!! so what went wrong?

also, what do the Drones do on impact to cause such damage on the hive ship or any vessel as a matter of fact.

I would love to see the result of a drone attack on an Orii ship.

CJ
          I'm beginning to think that Aurora-class ships are capable of handling two hives at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
            I'll give you an M-16 with about six or seven spare clips of ammo.

Then I'll drop you on a very small island with 5,000 screaming cannibals (who are smart enough to know you're not a god), and nowhere to hide.

I bet you a million dollars you'll be dead by the end of the week. Ten million bucks says you're cooking nicely on a spit by noon.
            Thats why i believe at the time of the ancient war there would have to be thousands of hives possibly 10s of thousands definitely not 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon
              Thats why i believe at the time of the ancient war there would have to be thousands of hives possibly 10s of thousands definitely not 60.
              Yeah, I would second that. If there were 24 of the defense installations, they alone could kill 72 hive ships. The Ancients also had some ships, let’s say they had 30 (being very conservative). Those could take 2 to 4 out themselves, so that is around 60 to 120 hive ships. Also, experimental funky weapons of death, doom and destruction. Let’s say they had 2. The one we do know about looked to have destroyed a few ships. All in all, it is safe to say they had well over 60 to 70 ships. Most likely 100+ otherwise they would not have been too overwhelmed.
              I don't think they could have tens of thousands. They *may* have had thousands, but that could be a little high, too. I would guess maybe 500-800, possibly more. Everything is purely hypothetical, of course.
              Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death.

Comment

the only reason the ancients lost is because they forgot how to fight
                i mean think y didnt they just bring a dekra weapon or build 1 and kill every wraith or there ship be organic,
                or y couldnt they get more drones think if they didnt have a drone making factory in atlantis they would have 1 somewhere else which would take tens of thousands of ships think ur main weapon i think u would protect it with the best shield u got

they just didnt think in a strategic way

Comment

Remember O'Neill shot 1 or 2 drones at a goa'uld mother ship and it totally anihallated it!! WOWEEEEE!
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

the wraith bombarded ancient ship s to past thier solar system so materials coming in to build ships and drones or whatever would be destroyed so the ancients would slowly run out of materials to fight suggestibg why they had only a few drones left,the ancients gave up and left, no way of building satilites big enough on a planet because wraith would find them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
                      they lost the war from the wraith because they bombarded atantis so nothing cant get through to the system so thats probaly why they could get the materials to make the drones .

drones can past through virtually anything espcially sheild and quite destructive on impact.

but i like to see a drone on ori ships.

No the main reason was that they lost is because the wraith had more forces so they becicly lost due to exhaustion.

--Gaz--

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth
                        one ancient satelite can own easily 3 hive ships according the ancient database and they had dozens of them !! only think that
                        Where has it ever been stated that they had dozens of them?

Comment

Could someone explain to me how a drone is able to travel through shilelds. I really dont get it.

--Gaz--

Comment

Why certainly. Let me dial up the speed dial for Oma Desala.

Comment

it could be like those Tollan things that phase out of our demention or something.
                              MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                              Spoiler:
                              Snape kills Dumbledore
                              Spoiler:
                              Darth Vader is Luke's Father
                              Spoiler:
                              Rosebud is a sled
                              Spoiler:
                              Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
                              Spoiler:
                              The planet of the apes is actually Earth
                              Spoiler:
                              The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
                              Spoiler:
                              Clark Kent is Superman
                              Spoiler:
                              What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by mrX225
                                the only reason the ancients lost is because they forgot how to fight
                                i mean think y didnt they just bring a dekra weapon or build 1 and kill every wraith or there ship be organic,
                                or y couldnt they get more drones think if they didnt have a drone making factory in atlantis they would have 1 somewhere else which would take tens of thousands of ships think ur main weapon i think u would protect it with the best shield u got

they just didnt think in a strategic way
                                because the dakara weapon would have taken out all organic beings including the humans of that galaxy and shields probably wont work because the shielded replicator infested hataks and the replicator ship with the most advanced shielding upto date at that time didnt stop the blast.

the lagrange point satilites numbered around a dozen strategicaly placed in the lantean system.i doubt the lanteans would have crammed a dozen satliltes in a relatively small pocket of space.

and the ancients figured the people who found their city would be ancients, probably informed about the wraith, ready to fight, and who's calculations would show that theyd need to bring another ZPM. that being the case they could power the shields in the event of an attack and they wouldnt have to worry about darts. a few dozen maybe around 36-48 drones so that maybe enough to take out a hive ship and a few cruisers but is not much for a war.
                                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                                X