Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can the Nox and ancients and asguard, Open the gate without dialing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak
    I've always wondered how Apophis and his Jaffa dialled the 'gate at the beginning of 'Children of the Gods'.
    General consensus is that they must have manually dialed back out, it is the only logical explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      General consensus is that they must have manually dialed back out, it is the only logical explanation.
      Why not consider that Apophis could have somehow gotten ahold of a hand dialing device?

Well not neccesarily. With the Iris and shield up the energy surge that is the vortex still happens, just the physical outward flush doesnt happen. When the gate is opened with out it it does that quiet ripple out from the edges effect, but with the iris and shield up there is still the loud clash of energy that can be heard when it engages.
      But this is what I think we're talking about. The outward surge or splash or vortex or flush or whatever you want to call it. That's what I'm talking about being part of a safety feature to clear the are in front of the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
        Why not consider that Apophis could have somehow gotten ahold of a hand dialing device?
        Simple answer? The writers hadn't even thought them up yet when the episode was written. Also we have seen no evidence of any goa'uld having that technology either

But this is what I think we're talking about. The outward surge or splash or vortex or flush or whatever you want to call it. That's what I'm talking about being part of a safety feature to clear the are in front of the gate.
        Yes the splash doesn't form but the energy surge still happens so the crystals would be wiped clean

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
          Actually the SGC managed to open the gate once without the vortex. When Teal'c was trapped inside the stargate's crystal memory, they had to screw around with the Russian DHD to get the gate to open without the vortex. They did it, and Teal'c stepped out. Destroyed the DHD in the process though... The Vortex isn't a necessary occurence for the gate to open, just a usual one. Sort of like a side effect, of normal operation rather than some sort of result to improper usage. The wormhole itself exist almost entirely outside of normal space/time. When the gate shuts off, you can even see the even horizon sort of getting 'sucked' out of normal space. (That white foamy rapids looking thing when the gate shuts off) Apparently, Earth will learn how to do it eventually too... because Cassandra did it in "1969".
          Would certainly be handy if they needed to gate of a planet fast, no more dialing and waiting and getting shot at lol

Comment

Working...
          X