This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A handheld DHD could help. Nothing Owen couldn't design, I'm sure
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      It seems as though they are a newer model, they are "digital." No, I don't think that they were designed for use on ships, it doesn't seem like it.

Owen Macri
      You are most likely correct in your assumption that the stargates in the Pegasus Galaxy were not designed for ships.

It is currently my belief that the Pegasus Stargates are of the same design as the Atlantis Stargate, but are connected to a DHD instead of being connected to an advanced dialing computer.
      Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
        stop using the digital description it is totally inaccurate and it is driving me nuts, all the gates would be digital even in MW the ones in Pegasus just have lighted symbols and no inner ring, well and different colors
        Ok, the lighted ones, but they are closer to digital than the milky way gates.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by t1m8o
          Sorry Owen, you are right. I don't know how I got that into my head that they were so similar to SG-1 gates. Anyway, I guess it's going to really suck for any team stuck on a planet with a damaged DHD, without being able to spin the ring to dial out.
          That is ok, I don't mind, actually, in The Movie Network magazine, for July 2005, the advertisment for Stargate Atlantis: Seaon Two, has a picture of a Stargate (regular) with blue chevrons instead. I will try to dig up a picture or I will just scan my copy.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
            lol, thank you!

Actually it wouldn't be that difficult, it would not be as sophisticated as the DHD but it would dial the gate. We could call it a D.H.D. a Dialing Handheld Device. Or another name.

All it needs is thirty nine keys, each of the symbols, and one for the common point of origin, like in the puddle jumpers, then they would convert the information into the same electrical impulses, and then the device could release an the electrical impulses, dial remotley like the puddle jumpers. However, it might be a problem for the gates in space. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith

I believe one already exists. We've seen it used once or twice on SG-1.

Comment

You're right, Cassandra used it to activate the Stargate in "1969." That one even allowed the Stargate to open without a vortex. Mine would be better. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Hey, sorry it has taken me so long to get the picture, I didn't find the exact ony from the magazine but it is basically the same, I think it is cover art off of a DVD, ignore the left side of the picture.

As you can see in this picture the Stargate is the same one from the milky way except the chevrons are blue, you probably saw a picture like this, which gave you the impression that all Pegaus gates look like this.

Owen Macri

Comment

Well being the acients im sure they could have used puddle jumpers or rebuilt the computer in minutes where as on the less developed worlds a back up was needed in oder to allow them to travle no matter what as not all plannets would have the tech they would need to do it avaliable. Ethier that or it was an asthetic thing "that looks fabulose in blue but lets get rid of that mechanical ring it so does not fit with that new modern look"

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                    O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Well, yes athestics is probably a big part they just wanted to cahnge the look of the gate so they good have something diffrent. But there is probably a technological aspect in there that was cahnged as well.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                      X