Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is very possible to have a two way stargate, the technology would just be slightly altered, it would be no problem. Yes, the ancients did just choose to build the gates this way. The rings use diffrent technology, they convert matter into energy as well but they are based on diffrent technology, they are only for short range transports, they don't need a wormhole, and they were designed to transmit both ways.

Owen Macri

Comment

yes the Ancients would most definately be able to do this, but then you get the problem what happenes when 2 people go in form different ends of the wormhole.

any thoughts on what would happen
      GODS LAST MESSAGE TO HIS CREATION IS...
      Spoiler:
      WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

THE ANSWER TO LIFE THE THE UNIVERSE ANDEVERYTHING IS
      Spoiler:

Comment

They'd probably end up where they were trying to go in the first place. If the Ancients made this sort of thing, they probably would have thought of this.
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
        LANDRY
        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

If one person exited right when the other was entering, it would not be pretty for one person. The person entering would act like an iris for the person exiting.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
            If one person exited right when the other was entering, it would not be pretty for one person. The person entering would act like an iris for the person exiting.

Owen Macri
            that would be very easy to fix, just have a delay on one end if two people enter at the same time

Comment

It is possible however you would need more than one buffer for the information, and a battery of some sort to store the energy.

Owen Macri

Comment

I'm pretty sure the crystals could take care of that.(48 Hours)
                JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                LANDRY
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

The crystals are only programmed to hold one patern at a time, if someone entered at the same time that some was trying to exit, there would be too much information, and it would get confused, and the gate wouldn't know what to do with it, it is likley you would end up with a big ugly mass of matter, that physically resmbled neither of the two people.

The buffer is only programmed to store and send information in one direction at a time, with two it wouldn't work.

Take three glasses, the same size, one is filled with water, one is filled with some kind of red juice. The Water is the person trying to exit, the red juice is the person entering. The third glass is the buffer, pour in both the water and the juice, now take two other glasses, one is Earth, and one is another planet, pour the Water/Juice combination half into one glass and half into the other, instead of getting one half glass of water and one half glass of juice, like you started with, you end up with two half glasses of some pink dilluted juiicey water.

Owen Macri

Comment

The crystals are only programmed to hold one patern at a time, if someone entered at the same time that some was trying to exit, there would be too much information, and it would get confused, and the gate wouldn't know what to do with it, it is likley you would end up with a big ugly mass of matter, that physically resmbled neither of the two people.

The buffer is only programmed to store and send information in one direction at a time, with two it wouldn't work.

Take three glasses, the same size, one is filled with water, one is filled with some kind of red juice. The Water is the person trying to exit, the red juice is the person entering. The third glass is the buffer, pour in both the water and the juice, now take two other glasses, one is Earth, and one is another planet, pour the Water/Juice combination half into one glass and half into the other, instead of getting one half glass of water and one half glass of juice, like you started with, you end up with two half glasses of some pink dilluted juiicey water.

Owen Macri
                    Well, the 'gate is made to send things only one way. If you could send things both ways, there'd probably be a solution to this, e.g., more crystals.
                    LANDRY
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Owen Macri
                      um i seriously doubt the ancients of all people would have a problem with computer storage space, im mean come on the idea is laughable

Comment

I am not saying that it could not be accomplished, I am saying that it its' current configuration would not be able to do it.

It is not so much a problem with storage space, it is a problem with partitioning the data, with more than one crystal, or even a crystal that is partitioned into two seprate storage spaces. it could be accomplished. But not as it is currently set up.

Owen Macri

Comment

The 'gate right now is not set up to have matter pass both ways, so there is no real problem, eh?
                          LANDRY
                          Mmm... Green...

Comment

I thought we were talking about how it would be possible for the ancients to make a 2 way gate, of course i know that the curent gates can't go both ways

Comment

i will have to continue this discussion tomorrow i got to go take a shower and then go to bed, i still have one more week of drivers ed. I have to be there at 8 a.m., so see you tomorrow

Comment

Lol, that is ok, there seem to be a lot of misunderstandings going around today, goodnight!

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X