Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the article that Alex (Moonlight) O'Loughlin got the Steve McGarrett role is out there, and...

http://blog.al.com/scenesource/2010/...over_to_h.html reports "Earlier this week, EW reported that Daniel Dae Kim of "Lost" would be Kelly in the remake. No word, yet, on who will play Danny, of "Book 'em, Danno" fame."

So, as far as we know, Michael is still in the running.

Comment

Majorsal writes: “joe, no response to michael shanks interview remarks”

Answer: Not sure what kind of a response you’re expecting. Yes, I can confirm that, Michael Shanks feels it’s unlikely there will be another SG-1 movie.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pdate-mailbag/
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

And he's probably not the only one.

As with any project, the longer it's delayed, the less likely it is.

That said, no one has said (no one official, like MGM) 'it's dead', so anything is possible.

I mean.....look at star trek, they got a movie TEN YEARS (give or take) after the show ended

I think everything not already in production is on hold until MGM's financial situation stabilizes
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Well, the article that Alex (Moonlight) O'Loughlin got the Steve McGarrett role is out there, and...

http://blog.al.com/scenesource/2010/...over_to_h.html reports "Earlier this week, EW reported that Daniel Dae Kim of "Lost" would be Kelly in the remake. No word, yet, on who will play Danny, of "Book 'em, Danno" fame."

So, as far as we know, Michael is still in the running.

And I wish him all the good luck in the world with it....but I'm not getting my hopes up - after all, isn't this "Pilot Season"?....he, and hundreds of other actors will be trying out for everything going that they can - Michael's always the first to say how he realises that he's a very small fish in a very big pond down in LA and has no illusions about getting any parts easily......I'm not a "doom and gloom" merchant, but I'd rather be cautiously pessimistic than get my hopes to have them dashed like with the "Eastman" project last year...

As for the third movie.....I'd actually rather there wasn't one now.....I'm sorta happy leaving my team doing their job "out there" with all avenues to further one's imagination left open...

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

But the show is trapped, right? It wouldn't be enough to find another comapny that would be willing to give us a new show. They'd have to buy it from MGM? Am I right?

Can somebody explain why this is so confusing ???
            SGU: Their Only Mission is Survival

Indeed.
            Who knew that this was to take literally!

Forever my team:

Comment

Right now, the Stargate world is in one creative basket, that's Universe. If my memory serves me correctly, shortly before SGU started actual production, which was like Jan/Feb of 09, the movies for SG1 and SGA were on the drawing board and moving forward. I think that the SG1 film was in pre-production. After that, throughout the year, the talk was all SGU, with an occasional tidbit thrown in by one of the actors about the forthcoming movies. During this time, MGM's financial problems became another topic of conversation. I don't think anyone knew the extent of their problems until last year.

In an attempt to try and find out what I could about the movies, I've found out that MGM has, in the past, entered into creative production deals with lots of different people. I don't think that's the problem. I also don't believe that they will part with any bit of the Stargate franchise, either. From what I gather, this is about money, pure and simple. I don't believe that securing the actors would be a problem either. To film a two hour direct to dvd movie isn't much of a time commitment. I think once MGM bails itself out, which might not take all that long, some decision about the movies will take place.

Comment

You know, everyone's always like, 'if they wait any longer, the cast will be in wheelchairs', but honestly, I hardly have a problem with that so long as the strong writing and excellent acting is there to keep me interested. By the time 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' rolled out, there was a scene with Kirk dealing with how many years he'd put on, and all that. I don't care if we get a scene with Jack and Daniel looking back and realizing they're getting up there, so long as it's fun.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                  You know, everyone's always like, 'if they wait any longer, the cast will be in wheelchairs', but honestly, I hardly have a problem with that so long as the strong writing and excellent acting is there to keep me interested. By the time 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' rolled out, there was a scene with Kirk dealing with how many years he'd put on, and all that. I don't care if we get a scene with Jack and Daniel looking back and realizing they're getting up there, so long as it's fun.
                  I agree completely. A movie could still be great with wheelchairs! Sometimes I think society may be better off without all the internet news, too many people view rumors as official news and many similar things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                    You know, everyone's always like, 'if they wait any longer, the cast will be in wheelchairs', but honestly, I hardly have a problem with that so long as the strong writing and excellent acting is there to keep me interested.
                    yea, cause we want to see our hero's running from the enemies and trying to wheel their walkers across rocky landscape.

hell it might take the whole 38 minutes to just walk up the ramp
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Didn't the SGA cast still have contracts when they got the boot?

I mean with Amanda they stuck (not a bad thing) her on SGA for her to finish out her contact.

So If SGU fails... it fails regardless if they are contacted/obligated to continue.

*Shrugs*
                      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I'll hold out hope for the new SG1 movie until I see the script published in novel form. Then I'll be very sad.
                        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                          Didn't the SGA cast still have contracts when they got the boot?

I mean with Amanda they stuck (not a bad thing) her on SGA for her to finish out her contact.

So If SGU fails... it fails regardless if they are contacted/obligated to continue.

*Shrugs*
                          all contracts have a 'if the show ends you get......' clauses
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X