This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i know sally, but also, he's not saying something that he hasn't said before...the longer it goes on without a contract and confirmation, the less the chances get.

my gut tells me right now a lot of projects are 'paused' while mgm sorts out their finances. Once that levels off, projects will get the go ahead.
    thank you.

that gives me hope. hope!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

The hell with Universe, give us an SG-1 movie.
      O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Sorry to stir the hornets nest with this one!

I really hadn't read anything about it since Joseph Mallozzi's blog in December. That's why I found it rather surprising. From what I'm reading here, apparently he's (Shanks) made similar remarks prior to this. Judging by his comments in that particular article, he doesn't have a problem speaking his mind, nor telling it like it is. I guess the bottom line is that it's disappointing to the fans who were led to believe early in 2009 that this project was a go, only to have it fizzle as the year progressed. That's life, I won't be losing any sleep over it, but at the same time I hope that they just leave it alone until they make up their minds one way or the other.

Shank's comments have been picked up by every Sci-Fi site around the globe. I guess if rattling the doors on the cage can shake anything loose, this ought to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          Sadly, a lot of people feel that way. But it is their choice. I just wish everyone was able to be pleased, and that would mean SG-1 and SGA movies being released, and if people like the new direction, keep SGU going.

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
          Sorry to stir the hornets nest with this one!
          Nah you did not stir up the nest. It was proof that the SG-1 movies were very profitable. It is just that MGM has no money.............but yet has money to fund SGU, so where do they get that money if they are billions of dollars in debt? The Tooth Fairy? lol.

You can see why the average loyal fan gets fustrated with this.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
            the hell with a show that's already run for 10 years. i want my SGU
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Sadly, a lot of people feel that way. But it is their choice. I just wish everyone was able to be pleased, and that would mean SG-1 and SGA movies being released, and if people like the new direction, keep SGU going.

Nah you did not stir up the nest. It was proof that the SG-1 movies were very profitable. It is just that MGM has no money.............but yet has money to fund SGU, so where do they get that money if they are billions of dollars in debt? The Tooth Fairy? lol.

You can see why the average loyal fan gets fustrated with this.
              I think its because a series has the poential to generate more profit then just a DVD movie. Wheither that happens or not I don't know. Look at AoT. Granted it was successful but can you honestly say it produced more profit then SGA S4
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

the movies probably WERE possible in 2009. But then there's quarter after quarter with slumping sales and a crappy economy, and things get cancelled.

For example, we have road projects here, roads we want to start building, but with every snow storm we get, money is spent to clean it up, and that money chips away at the budget, and then projects that SHOULD have happened this summer now won't.

same thing for the movies. I'm sure mgm wants to make them, they just don't have the money. They thought they would, but things have changed.

As to SGU, they are contractually obligated to make the show. they have employment contracts with these actors and crew...it'd cost them more to break the contracts than it would to keep going. the money is already allocated. not to mention, if they're hoping to sell stuff and have people/companies to bail them out...having an active show in production is an asset because the potential buyers might want to own a production ready show, not something they'd have to restart and remake from scratch
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The story is indeed getting picked up and sensationalized all over the Web, which is the unfortunate result of the way SciFi Wire chose to frame it. Instead of "Actor thinks SG-1 movie may not happen," elsewhere the story has become "SG-1 is dead!" I think the blame should be laid squarely at the feet of SciFi Wire -- surprising, considering their ties to the network and, vicariously, the Stargate PTB.

Unlike GateWorld, for example, the network's own news outlet is considered something of an "official" source for information about Stargate. Most readers won't recognize that Syfy isn't directly involved in a direct-to-DVD SG-1 movie.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I've read where an average episode of SG1 cost in the area of 1.5 million, from script to in the can. I find it interesting that Continuum cost an est 7 million. Wonder where SGU comes in at? The reason I ask is that there are a few production companies that now project income streams for not only movies, but individual TV episodes. Of course they don't publicize how they arrive at their projections, but I'm curious as to where SGU fits in the curve...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      The story is indeed getting picked up and sensationalized all over the Web, which is the unfortunate result of the way SciFi Wire chose to frame it. Instead of "Actor thinks SG-1 movie may not happen," elsewhere the story has become "SG-1 is dead!" I think the blame should be laid squarely at the feet of SciFi Wire -- surprising, considering their ties to the network and, vicariously, the Stargate PTB.

Unlike GateWorld, for example, the network's own news outlet is considered something of an "official" source for information about Stargate. Most readers won't recognize that Syfy isn't directly involved in a direct-to-DVD SG-1 movie.
                      It would have been far preferable for SciFi Wire to have lead on MS reading for Hawaii Five-O, with that as the headline.

As far as I can see, the only thing we find out that was in any way new was that MS hasn't been given any new information or a provisional start date. Which is sad, but not unexpected given MGM's woes, which are much bigger than a TV movie for a finished show in one of their franchises.

FF
                      sigpic

Comment

The best amalgmation was the "Nein! Nein! SG1 Kaput!" lead-in, but then I'm afraid that SciFiwire.com does nothing to stop it. In fact, they're very good at sensationalistic titles themsevles, going as far to say "Did he lie!?" in regards to the Spiderman casting and then don't get me started on the Meghan Fox 'topless' photos. I think a 12 year old is now in charge of the news!

But... before Michael Shanks even said anything, many fans (SG1/SGA) do think the movies are dead. The longer it takes, the less chance they will happen. THe actors are not going to wait around for one movie. If they get a TV series or a movie, they'll go with it.

I honestly don't think we're going to get any movies, or they'll be so far down the road that O'Neill will be using a walker Or MGM will be sold and whoever buys it will go "we want an even younger audience" and both movies will be toast, as well, geez, all those accursed over-30 year old actors. Heaven forbid!

Nah, I'm counting on novelizations and fan fiction to continue the adventure of SG1/SGA.

Comment

I just saw where Michael Shanks missed out on the 5-O series. Too bad, but I really can't picture him in that type of role. I guess Alex O'Loughlin got the job, which will be the third major tv part he's been given in the past 4 years. Some guys get all the luck...

Comment

the sad thing is, as much as i love alex, he keeps getting shows that die

dude's become a 'one season wonder'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                              I just saw where Michael Shanks missed out on the 5-O series. Too bad, but I really can't picture him in that type of role. I guess Alex O'Loughlin got the job, which will be the third major tv part he's been given in the past 4 years. Some guys get all the luck...
                              He didn't auctioned for that role, he did for Danno
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Oh, good, maybe he's still in the running for that one. My mistake...

Comment

Working...
                                X