Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first saw this headline I thought it had to be some kind of April Fool's joke. It is just so out of the blue. Not sure how I feel about it yet. First I was shocked and kind of against it. It all depends on the kind of character he is. This kind of change is very scary.

It would have been interesting if they added a female cast member. There are so few already. I guess they're afraid she would compete too much with Sam. Ben is obviously attracting a lot of female viewers, which is fine, but that's not why I watch a show.

Comment

Silly. We can't have another female. People might expect someone to fall for her and not Sam. Foundations will crumble if the guy who poishes the gate chooses another female over Sam.

We are discussing. We are speculating. We have every right to do so. People really can't expect that the news would just be met with a universal "hmm. I'll hold comments until we see what happens," or "Yes! This is the gee wish darnest greatest news to come since sliced bread!"
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

of coure there wuill be a ninth season and it will awesome !!! stop being pessimist and

I loved Jonas too And also loved when he quit, a show have to have some star who come and go ... it is a part of real life so love it or not and so be it !

And I DISAGREE with all of you who are suggesting he'll try to replace Jack !!!! where are you taking these crazy thoughts ? my godness ! He is just a new charracter and god know that we wanna have some new things in stargate ... he can only be a good element in the serie.
        - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
        - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
        - The Nox

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me. I wonder what his character is going to be like.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I have already posted a couple of times that as far as Ben Browder himself is concerned... I am VERY happy to see him as an addition to any show... I like him and I enjoy watching him perform.

However, I was asking the question...Since JM was kind enough to confirm the news I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if Ben was being utilized as a *Big Name replacement* or as an *Addition* to the cast.

Aslo I would like to lend my voice to those remembering this is a *Discussion Thread* and that means TO ME that different opinions are going to be written and then DISCUSSION ENSUES...NOT bashing, NOT *What is wrong with you people?* but honest, ADULT discussion.

I feel that Star Gate has already done the very thing many are saying here NEW BLOOD*...The new show SG Atlantis is just that IMHO..... to continue to drag SG1 IMHO with only *some* of the original cast is not as entertaining TO ME....

We have already lost Janet, Hammond, RDA - part-time and now maybe even more and possibly AT for some of season 9. I have not been calling for cancellation...I have voiced MY OPINION that the show no longer has all of the spark, or the va-voom it once had.

Maybe Ben Browder is exactly what the show needs to get its *groove* back I have no clue, if I did I would be making alot more money then I am now

I hope TPTB do prove me wrong .... I would love to enjoy SG1 with the same abandon as I used to But so far Season 8 hasn't given me that hope....I am NOT bashing anyone ot anything... I am just not as jazzed about the show as I was last year, TPTB seem to be focused elsewhere .... I would like to see that focus come back

Tame
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              What's worrying me is that Jack may be replaced.

Someone said that that can't happen, but...

I'm not so convinced.
              Yeah, I know what you mean suekay... It'd a little unnerving. Then again, Jonas was treated like Daniel's replacement, and he was nothing of the sort. He added to the series in his own, cool way, which made him very different from Daniel. I'm sure Browder will do the same.

The only difference is, Browder already has a strong reputation amongst scifi fans, and Nemec was treated like an abused stepchild.

Comment

Gah!!! Are we the freaking Borg? I thought we didn't like Stargate ripping off Star Trek. Would it make all of you people who get upset when someone dares to have reservations happy if everyone just became robots with no thoughts or feelings of their own? Okay. TPTB are right in everything they do, and every decision they make, and there's no reason whatsoever to have any reservation to BB joining the cast, because he'll be perfect and tptb will be perfect, because Stargate is perfect and they make rainbows and peace on earth. And, everyone should agree with this and never say anything differently.

Save this post, because this is the last time I'll say anything so insipid.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

this is wierd.
                  i think it will be good for the show. a new lease of life, a breath of fresh air. i just hope he is not anyone's replacement. when Jonas joined sg-1 it was a breath of fresh air but we were still sad at the loss of DJ. I have not watched Farscape before so for me it would something of the unknown.
                  if he does become the 4th member of sg-1 i think he will have to be military as sg teams always work best with 4 members. i doubt it they will make him the leader. therefore they might not be the chance of conflic between him and DJ.
                  just my 2 rupees worth

Comment

Like I said in another thread, this is great news. Hopefully he'll be replacing Jack's role in SG-1 or atleast joining the team.

Comment

This is the best SG-1 new I´ve heard in a long time. I´m a big fan of Browders and (dare I say it here ) I always thought that Farscape was even better then stargate (great as this series is)

Btw, isn´t Amanda pregnant and might therefore miss the first 5-10 episodes of the next season? If so then they really do need to bring in another member to keep the number at 3, especially as without her there is no member that belongs to the military.

Comment

Do we have any idea of how much time AT might be taking off?

I also thought Farscape was better and was upset when it got cancelled, but not because of Stargate. Because it ended in the worst possible way (neck and neck with the horrible way Quantum Leap ended). But, luckily, they remedied that ending with the miniseries.

Facts. Season 9 is happening and BB will be a part of it.

Now, on to speculate. It's highly likely that RDA will be there in an extremely limited capacity or not at all. While that's very bad news for fans of Jack, RDA, or keeping the team intact in general (and highly understandable) for me, it's not so bad. The reasons why RDA might be gone are very good ones. I mean, forget Stargate. Forget Macgyver. The man has been doing this since what? General Hospital? He's been in this business a long time, and if he feels like calling it a day, I can understand. Which means that simply having another actor there doesn't bother me, because it all seems to be done pretty equitably. So, I have no problems with another actor coming on board if tptb feel they need another warm body, or even as a general (although I do think that would be stretching credibility). When I say I don't want him replacing Jack, I don't mean replacing a cast member who played Jack or taking Jack's role as leader of the SGC. I mean being too much like Jack to try to soothe the feelings of people who will miss Jack. And, no, I don't know that that's what they're planning. But, since I have the concern that it might, I'll voice it.
                        Last edited by Dani347; 15 December 2004, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

The only difference is, Browder already has a strong reputation amongst scifi fans, and Nemec was treated like an abused stepchild.
                          was???? he still is
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok folks

Let's all take a minute and breathe ok??

This is...interesting news. and doubtlessly not the last news we hear between now and the premiere in January. Every single december something happens, just to rile folks up and stir interest in the show's return

I know folks love the idea of BB coming, some hate it, some are ok with it. Some are afraid it means that their favorite actor/character will be written out. Fact is we have no idea how things will play out.

All we can do is speculate, discuss and suppose. And we need to do it while considering the feelings of others. Let's not take posts personally, let's not MAKE posts personal and let's keep things calm.

I think it's good that folks can discuss this...and it'll be a shame if the thread has to be shut down because folks' passionate feelings get the better of them
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That is creepy, nthanki. BB and MS even have the same haircut. There are differences but I think this could seriously confuse the casual Stargate viewer.

"Was that Daniel that just got zatted? No, that was the new guy. No, it had to be Daniel."

Comment

I just still don't see the overwhelming resemblence. Is it just me? I mean, they aren't polar opposites, they do share a lot of features, but I definitely see the difference between them.

Comment

Working...
                                X