Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting news of all people I didn’t expect tptb would go for Ben Browder, well I hope he joins the team as an alien team member but somehow I think it will be bureaucrat sent by the president.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Kendra
      Okay you answer my question !! Why didn't you like anise ?!

She lost more clothes in every episode

She trawled through the characters deepest emotion in Divide and Conquer and didn't seem to care.

she only ever appeared at the SGC to subject SG1 to stupid and dangerous experiments.

She was very lifeless.

Actually, I liked Freya, the host. She was sweet. If slightly too naked. But Anise seemed to totally lack any personality.
      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

As stated before I hope RDA stays on -- but with him being on the show less and less - you can't blame TPTB for wanting to add someone to the mix. I've watched JAG for 8 years and this year it's boring - there's nothing more to say -- the characters are stale. NOW SG1 is not stale (so put those flames away!), but you can see it going that way -- there are already, in my mind, too many on Earth eps. The existing storylines are ready to come to a closure.
        Let's put it down simply -- the success of SG1 is the team, but RDA, and not TPTB, decided he didn't want to be on as much, so you have already lost the main dynamics -- . Now do you just let it limp along with we faithful watching because we will watch it no matter what -- or do you try and revitalize it? How do you do that -- well, if you can't get RDA to come back for more eps -- mind you he wants to do even less! - then you have to add someone new and mix things up. Change can be good. And there will always be fans who don't want anything to change - they are comfortable with their show and that's that. Well, ok, you can't help that. But if you want to have a GOOD 9th season, and not an inferior season in comparison to past years, then shake things up. Ben will do that -- don't make him John Crighton, but someone else. And let's give it a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          (and hoping for janet to come back too)
          Seems to be difficult...!

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
            Quite the opposite reaction here, I'm not thrilled with this news at all. I've never liked Farscape or Ben Browder. And who's he going to be? Daniel's long lost big brother? The physical resemblance, at list in pictures, is pretty close. Nope, not happy at all.
            Dana Jeanne
            I was never able to get into Farscape either, but when I did manage to sit through an episode it was because of Ben Bowder. I wasn't thrilled with the character that he played, but I did like the actor.

Looks wise I thought Ben and Michael could be twins, however the character Ben played was very different to Daniel in personality. So I don't think we're going to get a military Daniel with the addition of Ben although I can't say that I'd mind it if we did, as the possibilities would be intriguing.

There's been so few real (for me) Jack and Daniel friendship moments in the last three seasons that I'm quite happy for Jack to move on, and for someone else to come in that hopefully will have a great dynamic with Daniel. The thought of those two together is, frankly, making me melt just thinking about it!

My first preference to replace Jack would have been Adam Baldwin, and I'm hugely disappointed that it's not him. But Ben, for me, doesn't make a bad second choice at all.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
              She lost more clothes in every ep.
              I had noticed that too..! Aren't wea little jealous ??! Was surprised no member of the team wanted to get with her (especially jack!) I'm glad he didn't !

Comment

Originally posted by mtee1958
                As stated before I hope RDA stays on -- but with him being on the show less and less - you can't blame TPTB for wanting to add someone to the mix. I've watched JAG for 8 years and this year it's boring - there's nothing more to say -- the characters are stale. NOW SG1 is not stale (so put those flames away!), but you can see it going that way -- there are already, in my mind, too many on Earth eps. The existing storylines are ready to come to a closure.
                Let's put it down simply -- the success of SG1 is the team, but RDA, and not TPTB, decided he didn't want to be on as much, so you have already lost the main dynamics -- . Now do you just let it limp along with we faithful watching because we will watch it no matter what -- or do you try and revitalize it? How do you do that -- well, if you can't get RDA to come back for more eps -- mind you he wants to do even less! - then you have to add someone new and mix things up. Change can be good. And there will always be fans who don't want anything to change - they are comfortable with their show and that's that. Well, ok, you can't help that. But if you want to have a GOOD 9th season, and not an inferior season in comparison to past years, then shake things up. Ben will do that -- don't make him John Crighton, but someone else. And let's give it a chance.
                Why not just cancel the show instead of replacing the headline actor? It is clear that RDA wants to spend more time at home with his daughter, and that is completely understandable. So why not put the show down while it is still on top? Many other shows have done it. Go out when you are ahead, instead of redoing the main gyst of the show with so called "new blood" and trying to make it work? Well, it all comes down to money. And TPTB are most likely going to run this show until it is just a shadow of it's former self.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                  There's been so few real (for me) Jack and Daniel friendship moments in the last three seasons that I'm quite happy for Jack to move on, and for someone else to come in that hopefully will have a great dynamic with Daniel. The thought of those two together is, frankly, making me melt just thinking about it!
                  I'm with you Gypsy, melting in the corner. Two pretty boys for the price of one.

I will miss RDA a lot but it was the Jack/Daniel dynamic which attracted me to the show and that's been gone for years.

And it helps that Ben Bowder is a cracking actor too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Who are these new charracter ? Any picture ? previous role ? thx.

Anyway it can only just be a great thing for the show !!!! For those who say that SG-1 must always remain the same ... you should know that a show can evolve for better ! And if it's the case here i'm 100% with them ! I wanna as more season as they can give us !!! yehaaaa SG-1 for life
                    - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                    - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                    - The Nox

Comment

I watched Farscape for two years then I lost interest

I'm a major shipper for several shows, but not even John and Aeryn could keep me hanging on.

Another thind that concerns me is, when people are watching Ben Browder, they'll be thinking

'Hey that's John!'

They won't be seeing him as his new character, unless he's a heavily made up alien.

It's too shorta period of time between Farscape and this.

*Suekay is considering leaving fandom. Suekay seems to be more irked than anybody else*

I'd far rather have Jonas.
                      I'd far rather have Mayboure back
                      I'd far rather have Felger
                      And I'd DIE to have Maybourne at the SGC permenantly.

Why change (muck up) the dynamic that's already been changed (mucked up) waaaaaaaay too much?
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

You'll probably think I'm a nutter (i'm french...! )but I don't know him ! Is he a good actor ?
                        He's an exceptionally good actor. As far as him alone, I have no qualms. It's tptb that have me shaking in my boots.
                        Another thind that concerns me is, when people are watching Ben Browder, they'll be thinking

'Hey that's John!'

They won't be seeing him as his new character, unless he's a heavily made up alien.
                        There are two things to think about with this. First, yes, that's a big possibility. When I finally started watching Stargate, it took me a long time before I didn't have to consciously say, "No, Dani, this is not Macgyver. This is some guy named Jack." So, yeah, I do think that long time Farscape fans will at first see him as John. But, that could change after awhile. Although, unless this show is planning to be either Law and Order or ER (the show that never ends) odds are there won't be that much time to get people to shift their views. And, the second thing is, does it really matter if people who only watch for BB are watching for John Crichton? It's not like Stargate is desperate for fans. So, if some new people are disappointed, will that really affect the show? Eh, not that I don't give a fig about Farscape fans, or people who may just be coming to the show this late, but in the grand scheme I don't think that new fans can have a detrimental effect on the show. It's the long timers that people should be looking at.
                        Last edited by Dani347; 15 December 2004, 09:33 AM.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Never watched a Farscape episode ever so don't know if he is a good actor. Hoping RDA signs on because to me he lights up a scene when he appears. And for the love of God don't make the character Ben plays fall with Carter. We already have enough.

Comment

It's o.k. Suekay. It's a shock to be sure. I think many of us will feel better once we know what's what with the rest of the cast. And as of right now I don't think even TPTB's know what's what with the rest of the cast and that makes me nervous.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

sueKay > I never watched farscape and don't think it will happen the way you see it ! Be positive my godness ! We love SG-1 show and are prepare to see some changes
                              - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                              - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                              - The Nox

Comment

I had noticed that too..! Aren't wea little jealous ??! Was surprised no member of the team wanted to get with her (especially jack!) I'm glad he didn't !

Not jealous. Annoyed.

Back to topic....I don't see him replacing RDA, but being a completely different character altoghether. Maybe not even part of the SGC. IMHO, of course
                                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Working...
                                X