X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nathanaus
    We just watched Good to be King.

The voice over at the end said "That was the final episode of Stargate for now, it will return soon."
    [sarcasm]good old reliable seven[/sarcasm]

grrr....

just when we catch up to the rest of the world, they rip it away from us.

on the bright side...it was a good episode.

~~Close To Crazy~~
    Psychotic Kitten
    'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

What I can't understand for the life of me is that stargate is currently winning it's timesolt according to 7's rating reports and yet they pull it off the air. No wonder they can't compete with the other networks.

Every time they get something that's good the take it off.

Here's the link to the rating's report for (12 December – 18 December) if anyone is interested.
      http://sevencorporate.com.au/page.asp?partid=662

<snip>
      - Stargate SG1 peaks at 1.04 million, wins its timeslot and is the night’s number 2 programme in 16-39s and 25-54s.

<snip again>

Stargate SG1 (0.94 million):

- peaks at 1.04 million.

- ranks only behind The Amazing Race as the most-watched programme in 16-39s and 25-54s on Thursday.

- ranks in the top ten programmes in all people.

- wins its timeslot in all people, 16-39s, 18-49s and 25-54s.

- audience shares: 37 share in all people, 35 share in grocery buyers, 41 share in 16-24s, 40 share in 25-39s, 40 share in 16-39s, 40 share in 18-49s and 40 share in 25-54s.

<end of snip>

I personally think someone in the programming needs a lesson in how to read rating reports.

Comment

If it's a ratings winner, then they are probably hoping that by putting it back during the ratings season it might help them.

Comment

Originally posted by aussie_gal
          No im in south australia they still showing every in order we just had COVENANT but i don't we have stargate new week though.
          Okay sorry about that. Victoria/South Australia - same place

KIDDING!!

Wow you guys are really behind hey? You're behind in Stargate too

Sorry couldn't resist

Comment

or maybe they're scared the numbers will drop without the lead in from the amazing race. the amazing race did very well this season, and the new season is airing already in the states, so maybe they're going to put that on during ratings season and are waiting till then to resume stargate...hmmm...maybe that's a little farfetched lol.

~~Close To Crazy~~
            Psychotic Kitten
            'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

Well I enjoyed 'It's Good To Be King'

Just bloody annoyed that they have decided to take off Stargate again without airing it properly. I'll be glad when it's all out on DVD and I can watch it properly.

Comment

And of all things to replace Stargate with... a bloody stupid movie like "Dangerous Minds" that will just see viewership sink and complaints rise!

I want a job at Channel 7 programming, so I can give Stargate the respect (and timeslot ) it deserves!
                "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

It doesn't make any sense. I mean, if they were taking it off because of the tennis, then fair enough. The Australian Open only happens once a year, so I don't mind if we miss out on SG-1 for a couple of weeks while it happens (plus I still get new eps from the UK and Canadia anyway...).

But to take it off and play a repeat of a movie that's been around for years? WTF? It's like all the other weird stuff that 7 does around this time of year, things like playing all the banal, asinine and inane TV specials they buy from the Fox network. Things like "World's Wackiest Suvivor Island Animals Attacking Wedding Car Crashes Caught on Police Video 24".

I mean, does anyone really watch that bull$#!T?

Fox churns out all this crap, and then Seven laps it up like there's no tomorrow. No f***in' wonder 10 is beating them...

BYE
                  "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Okay sorry about that. Victoria/South Australia - same place

KIDDING!!

Wow you guys are really behind hey? You're behind in Stargate too

Sorry couldn't resist
                    where not that far behind LOL
                    well at least there not playing them out of order.
                    Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
                      And of all things to replace Stargate with... a bloody stupid movie like "Dangerous Minds" that will just see viewership sink and complaints rise!

I want a job at Channel 7 programming, so I can give Stargate the respect (and timeslot ) it deserves!
                      Me too, I think we would all like to have a schedule like this:
                      Tuesday:
                      7:30pm Stargate SG-1
                      8:30pm Stargate SG-1

Thursday:
                      7:30pm Stargate Atlantis
                      8:30pm Stargate Atlantis

That would be one hell of a way to catch up and surpass other countries and if necessary one of those slots could be new, another a reapeat, but 4 hours of Stargate a week is about right.
                      "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                      http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

that would be good

Comment

I just got off the phone with Seven, they said they only schedule 2 weeks in advance and that it'll probably return in Februrary.

It seems we all just got routed.

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Comment

oh man well lets just hope that it comes back

Comment

We just watched Good to be King.

The voice over at the end said "That was the final episode of Stargate for now, it will return soon."
                              Thats odd, when our episode finished, all the voice over guy said was to watch out for that billy crystal movie about that giant and that Arrested Development was coming up next.

Comment

See, I don't get channel 7 at all. I also went to look at their ratings thing, and if I were in their programming section and saw 'hey, this program is 2nd only to a show that has finished for the season', i would think perhaps it was worth investing more money and advertising into. Seriously, I don't mind (wait - yes I do_ that we're missing a few weeks due to the tennis, but still.

And I don't get them skipping Prometheus Unbound just to show it again a week or 2 --before-- Atlantis. Does that make any sense to anyone?

On a different note, and sorry if this sort of thing is annoying, but in a few weeks (probably just as Stargate starts up again) I am moving to Perth, and since SA is a few episodes behind (we just had covenant) i was wondering if anyone there has taped all the episodes so far so I don't miss any when I arrive. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X