Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooooo you lucky people! Most folks in the USA are getting vision deprived from seeing THE EYE during this round of repeats. Sci-Fi channel is having their "mutant/alien" horror movie weekend marathon instead. Bummer.

However, they might replay it during their all day SG:A marathon in July.

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks:
    The Eye was on last night.
    I think the 2-parter combo THE STORM with The EYE is my favorite SG:A episode so far with "Letters from Pegasus" being my 2nd favorite (SG:A in review with some potent angst from McKay... and something mysterious that Shep discovers). THE EYE reveals Shep's more hidden side of his personality.

Just thought I'd also try to encourage all new SG:A viewers to read, join in and share any insight / additional commentaries on the already on-going {SPOILED} eps with some interesting comments under the following gateworld forum location at:

>> The Gate Room
    ..>> Atlantis - Season One
    .....>> Episodes

Episode titles are listed under the Episodes link... topic titles appear as the Episode titles, for example:
    The Eye (111)

...and speaking of The EYE, I think there's already over 15 pages of comments on both eps (Storm/Eye). I usually read the *official* (?) "Episodes" threads/comments after viewing them on TV, so I can compare my own notes with others. And sometimes I've found some *really* interesting stuff in there, that I might be thinking about in the back of my mind, but not too much at the time- until someone else mentions it.

Love those *appreciation* discussion topics too, under the "Characters and Relationships" forum...

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK
      On another note why can't they put Las Vegas on another time and move Atlantis to either 7.30 (maybe not too much editing) or get rid of what ever is on at 7.30 and Put the Amazing Race on then. So have Amazing Race, Lost and then SGA???
      With My Resteraunt Sucks finished, they have a gap. They'd never move things forward, so they're just slapping a new serson of Las Vegas in there.

BYE
      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by darkwarden
        No, The Defiant One is the next episode in the line.
        Which never made any sense to me. Hot Zone should be the ep that follows immediately on from The Eye. In Hot Zone they're cleaning up the city from the flooding, and in The Defiant One they're off on an off-world adventure.

Why would they go on an adventure right after a big storm, and then do cleanup? It doesn't make any sense!

BYE
        "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

That's a good point and not one I've thought about before.

Comment

The city is huge, it would take a while to clean it up and examine all the damage.

And in The Defiant One they make a pretty important discovery that in anyone's opinion would take priority over cleaning up the city, especially the ininhabited parts.
            "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
            http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Not really, the discovery seems to have been made prior to the episode.

Comment

Well the discovery was made prior to the episode, but something that significant and useful is not something you put on the backburner to do 'later' it takes priority over cleaning some parts of the city that haven't even been explored yet.

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Comment

But they weren't cleaning the city, they were checking to make sure it wasn't damaged, which considering it's sitting on top of the ocean and could sink, takes priority over a dead satellite.

Comment

Yes, the satellite is dead, but it's not unusable, anything that can/could be used to protect us from the wraith is a massive priority.

And as you may have seen it proves to be useful.

Most of the city remains unexplored even now and if they hadn't gone investigating damage then the whole infection would never have happened until they got there a lot later in the series and by that point they may not have encountered a problem anyway.

Who honestly gives a crap anyway, thats how the series and it does not need to be entered into anymore.

Comment

whos to say that they didn't already clean up atlantis before they left. a satalite like that is a massive oppotunity to ignore. it could be better than even atlantis, or have a few ZPM's, defintitly worth checking out.
                      child_of_the_gods:
                      Character Name: Alexis Winters
                      Position: SG7 team member

My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

Comment

Because they were checking it out in the episode after?

Comment

So are they putting the Defiant one on now? Because this weeks TV Guide says The Hot Zone

Comment

No idea.

Comment

I'm just waiting for 'The Brotherhood'.

Comment

Before I Sleep and Letters from Pegasus.

Me: charter member of the Carl Binder fanclub. The two episodes I was the least looking forward to as the first was a Weird episode and the second a clip show. Both, jawdroppingly good.

Comment

Working...
                                X