Stargate SG-1 - HULU: Stargate SG1 Seasons Now On HULU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xMetalDetectorx View Post
    I just started watching Stargate SG-1 for the first time (Since it became available on Hulu) and I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! I watch maybe 2-3 episodes a day and lose a lot of sleep =)

I really can't remember when the last time I was completely intrigued by a TV show.

The last episode I saw is Season 2, The Fifth Race - amazing ep!

if you love it,and have the cash, keep an eye out for sales on the complete series of SG1 on DVD. I've seen some good bargains on it.

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Stargate!

The individual seasons of the show can usually be found at Target, Wallmart or Costco for $20 a season. Or you can wait it out and keep looking for a good deal on the all 10 seasons of the show in a special box set.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

As of today Season 5 of SG1 is on Hulu
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Now Season 1-7 are up on Hulu
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Just FYI:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/blo...le&rid=6454445

Chase Carey: Hulu to Charge in 2010
            October 21, 2009

News Corp. Deputy Chairman Chase Carey opened the B&C OnScreen summit to discuss where he sees the business going. “It’s time to start getting paid for broadcast content online,” he said. Carey said that while everyone cites the infamous Jeff Zucker quip that “We’re exchanging analogue dollars for digital dimes,” the industry continues to do exactly that. The strategy needs to be more than just fighting piracy and Google, he says.

“I think a free model is a very difficult way to capture the value of our content. I think what we need to do is deliver that content to consumers in a way where they will appreciate the value,” Carey said. “Hulu concurs with that, it needs to evolve to have a meaningful subscription model as part of its business.”

AdVerse had a quick chat with Carey too and posed the question, when exactly does Hulu start charging then? Carey, who says he’s only been to one Hulu board meeting since arriving at News Corp., suggests there is still no timeline but supposes it’s at least in 2010. Carey says that while throwing up a pay-wall around all content is not the answer, it doesn’t mean there wont be fees for some specially-created content and TV previews. Windows are just around the corner. American Idol audition previews anyone? Mobile Hulu is another potential way of making money.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I'll believe it when I see it.
                Yeah, well, this was probably before you were born, but once upon a time, Tv was *free*. Yeah, you bought a TV, that's it. All the programming was free.

Then came cable and the downward spiral of 500 channels and nothing to watch.

Comment

I'll have you know I had just basic channels for about 5 years.

ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. That was it. One of the joys of farm communites
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I'll have you know I had just basic channels for about 5 years.

ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. That was it. One of the joys of farm communites
                    well, if you mean you only had five channels. they weren't called basic or premium or family or anything back in the old day *cough when dinosaurs roamed the highways*

Comment

You know I read an interesting article where one solution was to keep Hulu free and just increase the commercials to reflect television airing. I wouldn't be against that idea
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

You know I read an interesting article where one solution was to keep Hulu free and just increase the commercials to reflect television airing. I wouldn't be against that idea
                        same here but the content on hulu lately hasn't been worth even going to the site
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'd rather pay a bit since hulu helped make it possible for us to dump our cable subscription. I also think that more commercials might mean fewer of them actually are watched, because right now they're so short it's not worth leaving the room. If I know I'm going to get three or four minutes of commercials, I'll usually go do something else for a little while.

Now if I could just get that Comcast commercial out of my brain- the one that starts out with the eerily serene girl on the bike- Happy High-Tech Automatic / Exponentially Ecstatic / Speeding forward future hopping / Always dreaming never stopping/ C-O-M-C-A-S-T

Arrrgh!

Comment

I just usually browse GW when they show the commercials
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I just usually browse GW when they show the commercials
                              Sadly, I am several feet away from where my laptop feeds into the TV, so I just sit there and get brainwashed.

Maybe I could try it on the Wii, then I'd have a remote, albeit a very slow and cumbersome one.
                              Last edited by VSS; 26 October 2009, 05:46 AM.

Comment

http://www.hulu.com/stargate-sg-1

season 10 is up
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X