This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Actually, "part 2" is just the last 5 minutes of "part 1", with a slight mismatch between the sound and the visuals, even.
    Oh good it isn't just my pc then.

*feels like a really spoiled DH fan these days* Yay!

Comment

I think the only new piece of info offered at that is a minor detail of Martin Gero's episode (Foxy Loxy? ).

McKay, Carter, and Keller oh my!

Comment

I think the only new piece of info offered at that is a minor detail of Martin Gero's episode (Foxy Loxy? ).

McKay, Carter, and Keller oh my!
        Oh my indeed, two blonds and not a redhead to be seen.

They do mention something about Ronon and Carter which is new(ish) seems he will have a few run-ins with her, maybe?

Comment

Actually, "part 2" is just the last 5 minutes of "part 1", with a slight mismatch between the sound and the visuals, even.
          Part Two of the video clip is having problems running at TV Squad, they've provided a download link:

http://www.tvsquad.com/videos/atlantis2.mp4

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

^Thank you!!

Oh, and yeah Willow, there was talk of friction between the two in "Reunion".

Spoiler:
            I'm guessing Ronon probably want to do something that Carter thinks is reckless and wants to stop him, but Ronon ain't havin' any of that!

Comment

^Thank you!!

Oh, and yeah Willow, there was talk of friction between the two in "Reunion".

Spoiler:
              I'm guessing Ronon probably want to do something that Carter thinks is reckless and wants to stop him, but Ronon ain't havin' any of that!
              Oh that is the big Ronon ep right? I do think Joe M said something in his blog as well but I can't find it...

Comment

SGA - IESB: Video Set Report - IESB Visits SGA:

From IESB:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...2791&Itemid=99

(There are a large variety of still photos also at the site. And FIVE video clips! Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Video Set Report: IESB Visits Stargate: Atlantis in Vancouver!

Written by Stephanie Sanchez
                Friday, 29 June 2007

The second stop on our Sci-fi tour around Vancouver was at Bridge Studios and the set of Stargate: Atlantis.

**snippage**

Season Four of Stargate: Atlantis, currently shooting in Vancouver, promises to up the ante by introducing a powerful new race, welcoming new cast members and mourning the loss of some beloved friends.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

delete

Comment

Here are some pics from one of the news agencies who got a behind the scenes tour of the set:

Link

Comment

This one has videos of the event
                      Last edited by SGFerrit; 30 June 2007, 07:14 AM.

Comment

SGA - Monsters & Critics: set visit to Stargate Atlantis:

From Monsters and Critics:

http://smallscreen.monstersandcritic...324379.php/Sti

(Please follow the link for the complete article and stills.)

Smallscreen News

Stills from our exclusive behind the scenes set visit to Stargate
                        Atlantis

By M&C Jun 30, 2007, 13:30 GMT

When a secret base abandoned by the Ancients — the original builders
                        of the stargates — is found buried in the ice of Antarctica, the
                        Stargate Atlantis team is recruited for the most daring stargate
                        mission yet: a one-way expedition to the distant Pegasus galaxy.

<><><><><>

There's a bit more news at Monster & Critics about SGA over in the "Flash Gordon" segment:

http://smallscreen.monstersandcritic...set_interviews

(A photo of Mars, David Hewlett's dog at the site.)

Stargate writers Paul Mullie and Joe Mallozzi joined David Hewlett and Rachel Luttrel as they answered questions while wrangling David Hewlett's (Dr. McKay) well-behaved dog Mars as he wandered in and out of the actual Stargate, which, by the way, is actual designed like a Murphy bed, it can lay flat into the floor behind it with special cut out panels for scene changes.

Stargate Writers Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie from Stargate were incredibly generous of their time. Pug loving Mallozzi is engaging and a great lunch date! read-Joe's-take-on-us

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...e-26-2007.html

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

[QUOTE=morjana;6838242]SGA - Monsters & Critics: set visit to Stargate Atlantis:

From Monsters and Critics:

http://smallscreen.monstersandcritic...324379.php/Sti

Er, this was already posted (twice in fact) on the NEWS thread Perhaps the mods will read their mail and consolidate them down before we get a fourth posting....

Comment

SGA - the TV addict: Press Tour: STARGATE ATLANTIS:

From the TV addict:

http://thetvaddict.com/2007/07/01/sc...gate-atlantis/

One of the most interesting parts of theTVaddict.com’s recent SCI FI press tour was visiting the set of STARGATE ATLANTIS. Even with the show being on hiatus, a very pregnant Rachel Luttrell, a not so pregnant David Hewlett as well as show-runners Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie were kind enough to take an hour out of their day to talk to some very excited reporters.

[Video clip at the site.]

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - TV Squad: Sci Fi Digital Press Tour report, part two:

From TV Squad:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/02/th...port-part-two/

(Please follow the link for the complete article. There are several photos at the site.)

The Sci Fi Digital Press Tour report, part two

Posted Jul 2nd 2007 10:03AM by Keith McDuffee

**snippage**

A tour of the sets of Stargate Atlantis

Once we got our feet wet with the tour of Eureka, people loosened up a bit more by the time we reached the Atlantis gate room set at Bridge Studios. Unlike the Eureka tour, we had our panel first (which you can see video of here and here). As you saw in the video, David Hewlett made mention of using Twitter, and since I was using Twitter myself all day to update readers on my whereabouts, I approached him after the panel to tell him what I was doing. Very cool guy, very much into the technology of blogging and twittering and whatnot. As far as I know he's subscribed to the TV Squad feed now, which I thought was very cool of him to do. I just hope I don't update too often and bug the **** out of him.

**snippage**

In some portions of the walls there were ladders which ran from the ceiling to the floor (there was a ceiling in this set), though these ladders only led to the ceiling and floor, with mirrors at the bottom and top to give the appearance that they lead beyond. They really need to keep those mirrors CLEAN. Of course many sets on all of these shows had ladders or stairs either leading to mirrors or to a wooden platform off-camera.

**snippage**

Val also described the new uniform for the team that she'd been working on, which she describes as sleeker and more tailored with simpler color contrasts, though they are based on the old uniforms due to how many they already have made. She also described the new off-world clothing they'd be wearing where, with the exception of Sheppard who would wear something more militaristic, would consist mostly of black leather.

When we broke for lunch, Dave Hewlett sat in and had lunch with us all, which I thought was very cool of him and also very cool of everyone there not to bother him.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Twitch: Stargate Atlantis set and panel Q&A review:

From Twitch:

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/010554.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article. Photos at the site. Please note that the author indicates he's never watched SGA, and has seen a modicum of SG1.)

July 02, 2007

SCI-FI Digital Media Press Tour: Stargate Atlantis set and panel Q&A review

**snippage**

One of the first questions was about the introduction of Amanda Tapping’s character, Samantha, from the original series to the Atlantis cast. Rachel said is has been an easy transition for her and she is all for more women. David has had previous experience with cross-over work on SG-1but said that the addition was good because it gives the show new tension between characters. And my understanding from what was said later in the Q&A is that his character, McKay, has a thing for Samantha. Joe said that the great thing about Samantha is that this character has the science background so she can balance McKay’s science lingo; her military background will come to play in off-world ventures; and her leadership skills will help her settle into the command roles nicely. You introduce a new character and you can explore other facets of your existing characters.

**snippage**

And what about character development in the new season, especially with additions to the cast? David spoke a lot about this. Now that the characters have been established you can begin to explore them more. There will be a lot of interaction between characters that would not have happened before. His character McKay has a scene with Ronon and that would not have happened before. And because of these changes to the season it has allowed them to explore the interaction between characters. Already into the new season and there are a lot of conversations that would not have occurred. When a show goes longer, the more you’re involved in it, the show takes on a life of its own. The changes can be traumatic but that sort of mimics life. Thing that happen you don’t necessarily love but that is part of the organic life of the show.

Posted by Mack at July 2, 2007 01:04 PM

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X