Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back a dead person? I'm curious how they're planning to do that.
    spoilers for unending:
    Spoiler:

Comment

Im calling it right now!!! The Trust put Carsons corpse in a sarcophicus!!!! And now hes a brainwashed operative in docs clothing! Mark my Words! MARK THEM!!!

Comment

At this point, I don't care that much how he comes back. As long as they don't bomb it or anything.

But the point is...

HE'SCOMINGBACKHOMGI'MHAPPYWHEEYAAAAAY!

I'm actually not that much of a fangirl of Carson (serious) but he's one of my favorite characters. I still don't get why they killed him off in the first place...
        "Only a few find the way. Some don't recognize it when they do. Some... don't ever want to."

Comment

hmmm first off I am totally happy he is coming back. Shows that even fan campaigns can win sometimes...

On resurrection - I have 2 theories...

1) Nox or Furlings (just to be mean and crazy) of the Pegasus galaxy step up to return a favour...

2) Ascension - while I am ultimately skepical, in a brutal blast that tore Beckett's body apart, only the head and upper torso got to ascend, leaving the rest to be buried...

Nox are my bet, as they can rebuild someone who has died. (Unless I missed an episode where they disappeared.

Comment

I think the Nox would be good idea, the trust is an alternative to my one. The Asension option is categorically out of the question if they are atall interested in the Canon that they have built up.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              It's not time travel; Joe has confirmed that.
              Where? So far its the only non lame suggestion.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              If the DNA resequencer can reinstate Rodney's body when it had been changed to near-ascended status, then why can't it do the same for Carson's...well, uh...corpse?
              Because that would bring him back permanently, and that wont do since they don't want/can't have him back permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Folks, we already have a thread in the season 4 area ' the doctor is in' for folks that want to discuss this issue. So please take the discussion there
                Why? This is a news item, for people who want to talk about news, but don't want many forums for news.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                  Hmmm...the Save Beckett website is down. But anyway, when that site is back up, read the interview with Joe; he says it in there.

Comment

Hey IMHO my surgestions havent been lame, and the green i have recieved make me inclined to think people agree
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

Here's my theory:

1. The "hint" was in the story "The Ark".

2. Michael needed nelp and "borrowed" Carson via a Wraith matter conversion scanner but only kept a copy since if Carson showed up missing they would have come after him.

3. Either the Carson that died was the copy or the Carson that returns is the copy, but one of them would have had a limited lifespan. Otherwise the Wraith would have been duplicating humans like McDonalds flips burgers.

4. This leaves open the question of "Which one is he?"

5. And it leaves open the question of a "Search for the answer and possibly a cure.. or explains why Carson can't continue with the Atlantis expedition.. he's got a limited life span.. maybe he wants to spend it back home."

6. The coffin returned to Earth was sealed, for obvious reasons, so Carson's homecoming would naturally involve a trip home to be with family. So he would be given time away for sure.

On another topic:

I've been thinking about SG1 and Atlantis for years and have come up with this:

1. The Ancients never left Atlantis.

2. The Wraith "Are the Real Ancients".

3. Daniel Jackson isn't who he thinks he is...and Merlin knew it.

Think about it.

The one common plague of all the Four races was the quest for immortaility.

Each who tried to grasp it failed or ended up penalized for it.

Look at the Asgard.

Look at the Ori.

I think the Atlanteans had a schism in which they were seeking a way to extend their races lifespan and the Wraith were a branch who chose that direction.. a feudalism of sorts.. we see it all over the Pegasus galaxy.

Meanwhile the other group (more likely philosophers and scientists) accepted "mortality" in exchange for a kind of creation of a new lifeform. The Ascended beings are not the original Atlanteans, but Ancients who gave birth to a higher form of the creature seen in Atlantis Episode 2.

Like the Asgards gifted Earth humans.. the Ascended Acients gifted another lower lifeform.. and in the process impressed upon them all their beliefs and self worth.. like we do our children. How could they become other than that which resembles their forefathers? Good thing they impressed them with those moral codes of non-interference in our galaxy.

But why punish and why the controversy? Why pretend and assume the persona of dead people? and not individuals?

Ask a lost spirit.

And maybe that explains the Ori.

Perhaps they are more like the unruley child that striked out to remake the world as they think it should be run.

As for Daniel and all who Ascend or Descend.

Well the process might be both ways, in which Daniel's memory loss may not be so much a result of a rule, but a result of a higher being choosing to recreate a more valued lower being sacrificing themself..

On another subject, the Ninth Chevron:

We see all around us that this Universe seems to exist because elsewhere in the Universe there must be a bending of physical laws, or exceptions relatively speaking to those which are familar to us.

I think the Ninth Chevron is a gateway to another part of the Universe where things are very different from here.. where perhaps human life is not the norm and maybe can only visit.. think Stephen Baxters 'The Rift' or Larry Niven's 'Ring World' where the impossible at an Astronomical scale is the ordinary.. kinda like being a small child and going to visit your Great Grand Parents huge estate. I'm reminded of that movie from 1997 Contact.

Just imagine the unimaginable.. where even Dr. Who would have problem with the value of PI and secrets hidden in the very fabric of the Universe might not effect your home, but the outcome of all creation.

Thanks for your attention.

- John

Comment

remember how in the last ep of season 3 oberoth comes back and says that there is a record of all the asurans and they can be replicated at any time. since they've probed the atlantis team members minds, they might also have records of the team members, like fifth created replicarter

Comment

Thats where my theory stemmed from, the nanites in Carson have him on File so know exactly how to piece him back together, and his perosnality is on record too so they will bring that back in order to fool the team..
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by BIG-FAN View Post
                            SPOILER WARINING

maybe via one of michel's gentic experments?

Oooh, That would be cool!
                            The Brains
                            The Heart
                            The Soul
                            The Strength
                            The Voice of Reason
                            The Will

It's My Atlantis

^_^,ll..

Comment

Had another thought that might be jsut as much fun, a little more original and coudl seed other story lines:

1. We know there's a lot more to gate travel than meets the eye.

2. Rodney is always doing all sorts of things that seem to involve getting home faster via the gate.

3. What if they were trying to open a "sustaining" gate without a ZPM back home, they try using a slingshot effect around a small galactic cluster.. the lesser Magellanic cloud just outside the Milky Way?

4. In that way the gate opens and never closes because time folds in on itself and before it closes it is open, a deliberate Paradox.. the gate is because it always was..

5. Now out of this might come the team arriving before it left, or the team leaving before it arrived. The only problem is "causality".

6. Suppose a version of the team arrives "with Carson" after they left, but arrive after Carson's death. A reverse time travel kinda Back to the Future style.. just imagine the ribbing Rodney will get for that.. thank you very much Michael J. Fox.. Marty McMeridith.. I get them confused. To Radek 'who are you Doc Brown?'

7. The Carson of the past now knows his future. Or maybe not, do they risk everything to save him?

8. But they have to go back or "now" will never be and they can never close the gate. Almost like that SG1 episode where everyday was Ground Hog day.

9. Now suppose they don't hold back, they tell them "Everything" and they actually get to relive that day.. knowing everything.. can they make a difference? Perhaps they begin to think they can't like those movies where Death has a plan.. but Rodney figures out its inversely proportional to the effort..

Well you get where I'm going.. its a mind bender.. time travel "not".. morality play.. that briefly revisits a lot of older plot tricks re-examining them with an eye to better explaining them.

- john

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
                                http://gateworld.net/news/2007/04/fa...turn_in_.shtml

Dr. Carson Beckett will not survive the third season of Stargate Atlantis, which returns to U.S. television this Friday (story). But he will be back next year, executive producer Joseph Mallozzi revealed to SaveCarsonBeckett.com this week.

Beckett, played by actor Paul McGillion, was killed off in the very memorable episode "Sunday," which has already aired in Canada and the United Kingdom. The death of the Scottish doctor launched a passionate response from fans, who even protested in the rain outside of the show's set (story).

McGillion has signed to appear in a two-part story in the second half of Season Four. The writers are also working on a possible third episode for the doctor.

I hate to say it, but I hope he didn't ascend, because it's just becoming such a cheap writer's tactic these days.

It would be cool to see him come back, I just hope it isn't via ascension.
                                I think Beckett got sent to the past because of the explosion. Which would be really cool or he could be stuck in between plains.

Comment

Working...
                                X