Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer the question of how Dr. Beckett will reappear in season 4, he was accended after his death in season 3's "Sunday" The hint left in the season 3 that Beckett might return was when Rodney was standing on the pier talking to Carson at the end of the the episode "Sunday". Rodney probably thinks that he imagined the entire conversation because he was grief stricken but Beckett was really there talking to him, he was just accended.

Comment

Once again, i will not repeat this again. When you ascend you physical body does not exist, part of asension requires you body converting in to energy. There are no examples in stargate of anyone ever ascending and leaving thier body behind. They might leave clothing. But they dont leave a body. Carson was sent and walked through the gate and buried, his body is still on this plane. He did NOT Ascend.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Like Immohtep said, there's no way he ascended. Plus Joe Mallozzi has made it no secret that he hates the Ascended storyline so there's no way he would've come up with that storyline, especially as it is part of an arc running through the later half of the season (which I can only assume is connected to Weir's storyline).
        'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          Once again, i will not repeat this again. When you ascend you physical body does not exist, part of asension requires you body converting in to energy. There are no examples in stargate of anyone ever ascending and leaving thier body behind. They might leave clothing. But they dont leave a body. Carson was sent and walked through the gate and buried, his body is still on this plane. He did NOT Ascend.
          You don't know what was really in that casket. What could have been in the casket were parts of the body from the person who took the bomb from Carson.

Comment

No matter how Carson "returns", I'm sure it will be bad-a**!
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              No matter how Carson "returns", I'm sure it will be bad-a**!
              $50 it's a flop

Comment

Folks, we already have a thread in the season 4 area ' the doctor is in' for folks that want to discuss this issue. So please take the discussion there
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Folks, we already have a thread in the season 4 area ' the doctor is in' for folks that want to discuss this issue. So please take the discussion there
                  the anti thread for those who don't want beckett back http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=42969

Comment

"But even the ancients cant revive the dead with thier superpowers."

Yes but who else do we know can revive the dead even when the bodies are destroyed?

The Ori did it to Daniel and Vala way back in season 9 when they first appeared. And you can bet your ass that if the Ori can do it, so can the Ancients.

Flynn 19

Comment

Great news. has anyone got any ideas how he will return.

Mine is below. *Beware-spoliers for tao of Rodney*

Spoiler:
                      I think that they will use that ascension machine to bring him back- the one used by Rodney in 'Tao of Rodney'. They used Rodney's blood to get prevent him from dying and to restore his body to what it previously was. Not sure whether they would need carson's body though. Maybe it can bring people back too????
                      Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                      sigpic
                      sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        This always happens..why does GW have a link to the new section at the botton of each piece of new directing them to dicuss it here. when you already know that there is a thread out there discussing the topic. If there is already a thread why put a link to this section where you know that another thread will be duplicated because GW has directed people to discuss thier articles here and not in the actual thread that already it exists.
                        If you dont want people to discuss the topic in two locations why do you put the link to this section instead of the thread which already exists?
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by flynn19 View Post
                          "But even the ancients cant revive the dead with thier superpowers."

Yes but who else do we know can revive the dead even when the bodies are destroyed?

The Ori did it to Daniel and Vala way back in season 9 when they first appeared. And you can bet your ass that if the Ori can do it, so can the Ancients.

Flynn 19
                          Sorry for the double post. The Ori, IMHO use the form of Radiation the telchak device uses. But amplified and refined somehow. That is what the Priors "abilities" come from, they are not magical, they are just using a technology we already know exists but in a different manner, their power of healing can easily be explained.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

It's kinda hard to blame folks for discussing things here when all the news articles contain a link to this folder... and it's likewise hard to judge folks for starting a thread in Gen Disc or the appropriate season folder when those sections are also relevant and likely get a higher volume of traffic.

But if it's really a matter of not wanting two threads for the same topic then one needs to be merged into the other (or locked down with a link to the "right" thread) and a more thorough check of the news section might be in order since this isn't the only thread that's a dupe of one in Gen Disc/Season 4/whatever.

Comment

I'm confused. Why does the article state that the back half of season three is going to start airing this month? Season three is over. That is, unless season three is going to be 40 episodes. What's up?

Comment

Originally posted by clocknova View Post
                                I'm confused. Why does the article state that the back half of season three is going to start airing this month? Season three is over. That is, unless season three is going to be 40 episodes. What's up?

The second half of season 3 has not yet aired in the U.S. It premieres on the Sci-Fi channel this Friday at 9pm.
                                McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X