Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky for me I have the wonders of the internet as around my area we cannot have Sky only Virgin Media.
    sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

There is already a thread on this, http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40585
      sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

yeah im watching it on Sky + round a friends house aswell

Phew!

lol
        STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
        legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Yeah they have already got the rights to show;

Lost 3 Seasons
          BSG
          and Heroes

On their VOD Service which should all be free as their putting it on Virgin Central.

All good

Just hope they nick Atlantis off Sky
          STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
          legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
            Stupid Virgin!
            Settle down wise one (you're making your handle seem ironic ) - we don't know who's fault this is. Sky claim that Virgin are not being reasonable and that they've made reasonable offers. Virgin claims that Sky have made no reasonable offers and doubled the asking price. We won't know for a while exactly who's fault this is.

Considering that Sky3 is being removed from freeview, Virgin may be right. I've always noticed that most of the ads on Sky1 are for Sky premium services (sports, movie channels, sky broadband), it seems to me that Sky1 serves as an "incentive" for people to upgrade. (Of course I NEVER use sky movies, IMHO, filmflex (virgin on demand service) is far superior - watch a movie anytime, and you hire it for 24 hours)

This wouldn't be the first time that Shas done something underhand. Some years ago, they hired a security firm to break the encryption on (the then) OnDigital's service smartcards - and published the howto guide for all to see. While the possible success/failure of OnDigital/iTV Digital is debatable, this probably played a part.

The fact is that the Murdoch media empire is WAY too powerful for the public good. The newspapers he owns are used to push a right wing American agenda. He produces some of the most ridiculous anti-European clap-trap imaginable.
            The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
              Stupid Virgin!
              The real reason Virgin Media no longer show Sky one is because, Sky Doubled the carriage charges for the channel.
              Virgin Media offered to increase payment by 30%, SKY Refused, Virgin Media asked for independant arbitration, Sky refused.

So please realise who the real bad Guys are, Sky have Glowing eyes and snakes in there heads.

Virgin Media are still trying to get you your channel back, but if all fails keep an eye on the new virgin Channel, Virgin Central..... Virgin Media have the rights to many of the Sky one Series on Video on Demand (VOD).
              sigpic

Comment

VOD is the future, it has the potential to change the way we watch TV - rather than being limited to watching at a set time
                The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

getting sky one in my room on thursday, can catch up at the weekend, keeping virgin in living room so best of both worlds

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
                    getting sky one in my room on thursday, can catch up at the weekend, keeping virgin in living room so best of both worlds
                    You have both? How much is that costing?

Comment

Originally posted by plastic View Post
                      The real reason Virgin Media no longer show Sky one is because, Sky Doubled the carriage charges for the channel.
                      Virgin Media offered to increase payment by 30%, SKY Refused, Virgin Media asked for independant arbitration, Sky refused.

So please realise who the real bad Guys are, Sky have Glowing eyes and snakes in there heads.

Virgin Media are still trying to get you your channel back, but if all fails keep an eye on the new virgin Channel, Virgin Central..... Virgin Media have the rights to many of the Sky one Series on Video on Demand (VOD).
                      You've got the facts a bit confused there. Originally Sky did have double their then current price but as a negotiating tactic. A week before the deadline they were offering a 30% increase. Yes Virgin did offer arbitration and Sky refused. They're both as guilty as eachother

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
                        You've got the facts a bit confused there. Originally Sky did have double their then current price but as a negotiating tactic. A week before the deadline they were offering a 30% increase. Yes Virgin did offer arbitration and Sky refused. They're both as guilty as eachother
                        Whoever is at fault, it's the customers who lose out

Comment

Well im not watching stargate 2night so i thought id come here and moap :@ stupid sky twirps
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Count me a little confusled, since I don't know how stations are set up in the U.K. -- sorry.

Does this mean that no one has seen "Dominion" or will see "Unending" this month, or that Sky One is still showing them and just has a much, much smaller viewer base? I notice that no one is talking about "Dominion" yet ... does this mean that Sky didn't air it this week, or that no one in the online fandom world got to see it?
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              Count me a little confusled, since I don't know how stations are set up in the U.K. -- sorry.

Does this mean that no one has seen "Dominion" or will see "Unending" this month, or that Sky One is still showing them and just has a much, much smaller viewer base? I notice that no one is talking about "Dominion" yet ... does this mean that Sky didn't air it this week, or that no one in the online fandom world got to see it?
                              Dominion is airing tonight http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41484
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It's just Virgin/NTL customers can't view it.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X