This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg1adam View Post
    Just watch SG1 & SGA on SKY2. Saturday evenings @ 20.00.

But according to my tv guide "TV & SATELLITE WEEK" SKY1 is on channel 120 for Virgin Cable, and it lists a showing for SKY1 next week.
    But Sky 2 has gone too... at least on my box, it has!

Really, really irritated about this. In fact, more than irritated - actually down right bloody furious. Like many people, I've watched SG1 near enough since the beginning on Sky One, and to be denied the last 2 eps ever... especially with the double-whammy of missing the last 2 eps of SGA season 3. And then there's the added problem that in the UK, we have no way of downloading these eps legally... Itunes and Amazon only support the US. So, unless we all move over to Sky quick-sharpish (and I'm buggered if I'm giving Rupert Murdoch any money, old crook that he is), we're screwed.

Oh, the joy of consumer choice...
    I curse the sun so I can howl at the moon...

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.
    Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

^ i feel exactly the same, the worst thing being that my housemates didn't let me watch the episodes on wed n thurs, because they are mean, so i'm an extra episode behind.
      I'm trying to convince my housemates to move to SKY, but we can't break our contract with telewest, grr

Comment

Yep...good idea to sign/vote on petitions. I'm not going to change to Sky just like that. Still going to wait and see what happens. I've got a feeling that in a couple of weeks or so, we might see some shift from one side or the other. If nothing? I'm going to see if I can get a discount or better deal from Virgin. Might be worth trying!

Comment

^^ Those of you that are 'locked in' really have been screwed over... isn't there a case for appeal there? I'm sure there must be.

And they wonder why people dlding pirate episodes is so rife nowadays... not condoning it, but I can understand it. Hell, I was so angry last night I was considering it (until hubby so kindly reminded me that if I'm caught, I can be prosecuted... )

Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by shonac85 View Post
            I am furious over this whole matter.

What annoys me the most is that they just suddenly cut the Sky Channels from my list, without even telling me. I would have know nothing about this problem if Sky had not been advertising the matter. Virgin has told me nothing. I do not like that at all.

Also, I can't upgrade to Sky, as I'm going to leaving my student house in a few months and the minimum contract for Sky is 12 months. Its not fair!

Not happy!!!!
            i'm in the same situation as you, i'm in a studesnt house, and even if i could convince my housemates to switch we havn't got to the end of our contract,

Comment

UK News

Virgin Media have stopped showing certain Sky Channells, including Sky One and Sky Two.

This has impacted on the 3.3 million subscribers who get cable television from Virgin Media - formerly known as NTL:Telewest.

Big shows no longer available include new episodes of Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis Lost, 24 and The Simpsons which all get their premiere on Sky One, part of the Sky Basics TV package.

With only two episodes of 'Stargate SG1' ever to be released and their world premire in the UK, certain Stargate fans will not be able to see the sieres finale 'Unending'.

It seems that, for certain UK views. Stargate has ended already.
              Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

Only just seen the other thread. Can this one be deleted? Thanks
                Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

Good news,

Been announced today at work that Virgin Media will not be holding up to the contracts of customers wishing to leave between now and the end of March (dont know if that means the last day, or some time late March).

But if you do want to leave and are tied into a contract, that will be allowed without a penalty fee, as we understand how annoyed some people are. Normal 30day notice period does still stand however.

So those of you wishing to leave, good news for you. Nothing to update anyone else on yet who are staying, but stick with us because we have alot of stuff in the pipeline to bring out very soon!

Comment

Abit more info for you all

Will I pay less for my TV package from now on?

Our free TV package (Size: M) will still be absolutely free if you take our phone service. Our other TV packages will continue to cost the same. And since more of you have told us you'd rather have the money back as improvements to your TV service, than money off your monthly cost, that's exactly what we're going to do. In fact, we've started already.
                    We've just launched our Virgin Central channel which already lets you watch shows like Nip/Tuck, The OC, Grey's Anatomy and Spooks for free. And we'll be adding even more channels with top shows, too.
                    We're also doubling the amount of stuff you can watch on demand – going from 2,700 hours to 6,000 by the end of the year. Right now, our on demand service gives you access to a vast library of shows including Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives and C.S.I., as well as old favourites like Shameless, and award-winning documentaries like Planet Earth. Next month we'll be bringing you The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Curb Your Enthusiasm and more.
                    Plus, in the coming weeks we'll be offering a selection of great films on demand for free. We'll be in touch soon with more information.
                    And later this year we'll be bringing you Battlestar Galactica and all 3 series of Lost, so you can watch them back to back – without the ads. We're investing in brand new drama, too. Heroes, the new US show that's attracted more viewers than Lost in the US, will be available soon
                    sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

ezzie_uk. I appreciate that you've come here.

I'm a Sky customer myself(new build - don't have an option as a fan of US scifi and action who therefore needs Sky One) however I am full of sympathy for those who have been caught up in what I see as a petty tug of war.

I also appreciate Virgin bidding for the quality shows that are currently on Sky. However for the long term, I'm interested in what happens if say Virgin get Atlantis and Sky keep Battlestar Galactica and 24? Would a Sky customer be able to recieve the Virgin channels or would they have to choose between the stuff on Sky and the stuff on the Virgin channels.

For everyone else: I have four recordable DVDs. If you haven't secured a way to get hold of next week's Gate I'm happy to record both SG1 and Atlantis and snail mail them over. I can tape the following week's Gate as well, but only if you snail mail me back the DVDs in time!

Please email me if you're interested.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Copied from a post I made on another thread

>I have four recordable DVDs. If you haven't secured a way to get hold of next week's Gate I'm happy to record both SG1 and Atlantis and snail mail them over. I can tape the following week's Gate as well, but only if you snail mail me back the DVDs in time!

If you're interested, email me.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                          ezzie_uk. I appreciate that you've come here.

I'm a Sky customer myself(new build - don't have an option as a fan of US scifi and action who therefore needs Sky One) however I am full of sympathy for those who have been caught up in what I see as a petty tug of war.

I also appreciate Virgin bidding for the quality shows that are currently on Sky. However for the long term, I'm interested in what happens if say Virgin get Atlantis and Sky keep Battlestar Galactica and 24? Would a Sky customer be able to recieve the Virgin channels or would they have to choose between the stuff on Sky and the stuff on the Virgin channels.

For everyone else: I have four recordable DVDs. If you haven't secured a way to get hold of next week's Gate I'm happy to record both SG1 and Atlantis and snail mail them over. I can tape the following week's Gate as well, but only if you snail mail me back the DVDs in time!

Please email me if you're interested.
                          You are a little TREASURE!! At the moment I think I'm okay - got a friend who has Sky and has said he'd record them for me in much the way you are, but I still have to confirm it with him. That is still a really, really generous offer - much karma to you

Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

I'm really sick of Virgin. I cancelled my broadband contract because they were dreadful and now they've taken over my cable company and immediately lost 50% of my favourite programmes. There's not a sign of Stargate or Atlantis on the terrestrial channels either. Channel 5 did have earlier Atlantis but put it on latish on Fridays with no announcements. This is a stupid fight between Branson and Murdoch which is being taken out on the customers and leave nowhere but Sky if they don't sort themselves out soon.
                            Mircalla

'Never tremble with a newt'

Comment

Lucky me. I found a friend with Sky so I'll have someone to watch the finale with!
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

This from digitalspy...

'Sir Richard added that Virgin will pursue a strategy of acquiring programming directly rather than "paying through the nose" for Sky's basic channels.

"Sky are obviously worried, they think we may bring some real competition... Rather than paying through the nose for their programming we have decided to go and get our programming and that is what we will do," he explained.'

Will be interesting to see where this goes...full article linked below:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...ing-loyal.html

Comment

Working...
                                X