Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will only watch a new Stargate series if it stars Michael Shanks/ Daniel. I fell in love with that actor/character not the franchise. He is the only reason I watch. If they throw in Vala and Teal'c all the better. Carter will be off in Atlantis and Mitchell can make guest spots on both shows.

I don't have the time or the energy to invest in a whole new show with all new characters. Why bother, when they will just mess things up like they have on Atlantis. Two out of the six main characters...gone/recurring. One third of the main cast changed.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I like the series. It hasn't got me hooked like Daniel, I mean SG-1, has. But I enjoy the series and I am looking forward to the changes! Should be exciting!

I never cared much for exactly those characters that we'll be seeing less of. Except that I wouldn't miss Teyla much either. She's adorable but I find her boringly perfect, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, that's a bit OT. I love Daniel and I like the whole franchise and I'll be watching whatever they throw at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell View Post
        Battlestar Galactica, kinda the same but cool idea
        Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
        We already have fargate.
        It's a jok people! Farscape, kind of BSG I guess, Voyager, Lost in Space. It was a joke saying that Stargate won't do anything unque, they will just reuse the same thing for a new show.

Comment

i dun really care whos playing who.....i want the p90s to go and bring in something better than the p90s
          DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

well I am hopeing that Dr. Daniel Jackson will be one of the main characters

and I am hopeing Major General Jack O'Neill will be a recurring character or one of the main characters

I also hope that ther will be some new characters

and then I am hopeing the the Furlings will show up
            sigpic

So now that is why I call you names, like Carol, Jane and Sue. Like Moesha, Kim and Lilly and Susanne and Betty-Lou. See, regardless of the names I pick, my feelings are quite clear; you're a pain in every day of every month of every year.

Dr.cox Scrubs

Comment

Originally posted by colonel O'Neill View Post
              i think it's great news and i can't wait for the early 2008
              and the rumour that Shanks is going to be in it makes it even better

i loved SG1,i love Atlantis and i'm sure i'll love the third series

I agree completely. I'll watch whatever they make as long as its stargate. Well, not that cartoon, but i tried. I love stargate SG1 and Atlantis, and if they keep making them, i'll keep watching them.
              Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Comment

my opinion is , that the 3rd series will be in a distant future with ships and stuff but still the stargate. TPTB copied the Virtual Fleet !!!! OUR STUFF IS COPYRIGHTED !!!!!

jk

Comment

I'm glad about the new series, but honestly... What's the pont?

I mean.. cancelling one Stargate show (clearly the better of the two Stargate shows we have at the moment) and replacing it with another Stargate show. Why bother?

Especially if a good chunk of the cast and production staff will be retained as well.

Comment

Originally posted by terobi View Post
                    I'm glad about the new series, but honestly... What's the pont?

I mean.. cancelling one Stargate show (clearly the better of the two Stargate shows we have at the moment) and replacing it with another Stargate show. Why bother?

Especially if a good chunk of the cast and production staff will be retained as well.
                    I agree. It's kind of retarded to cancel one show, only to replace it with another, with almost the exact same people to boot.

Though I have to admit, I'm looking forward to what the new series will bring
                    sigpic

Comment

It's about money. With every year of an on-going show the cast (and crew?) get more money. With a new series they are (I believe) sort of hitting a reset button financially.

Plus, a new show brings a fresh wind to the franchise, which I don't mind at all. The only one I'll truly miss is Daniel and should he be in it I'll be in heaven.

Comment

I agree. It's kind of retarded to cancel one show, only to replace it with another, with almost the exact same people to boot.

Though I have to admit, I'm looking forward to what the new series will bring [/QUOTE]

Here's my thoughts. I really do look forward to having another show. Look Farscape was its own thing IMO and it did great. Why it was cancelled is beyond me and the actors as i've heard. But Stargate could not make the change like they did and keep it exactly the same and thats what they tried to do . It is impossible. If we have a new set of people we need a new show. Fans will handle that better. Just make it more like FARSCAPE but updated. I think the new show should still star Ben Browder in case any of the stargate folks are reading.

Comment

I Have a very crazy idea. Why doesn't MGM buy the scripts for Stargate Horizons, the virtual series. I am almost done reading the scripts for the first season and i am really impressed by what I've read so far. It's just an idea, but it might be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by prophecybuff View Post
                            I Have a very crazy idea. Why doesn't MGM buy the scripts for Stargate Horizons, the virtual series. I am almost done reading the scripts for the first season and i am really impressed by what I've read so far. It's just an idea, but it might be a good one.
                            Why waste the huge ammount of money that is when they can just do the same things by stealing ideas they like?

Comment

does anybody know if brad wright or robert c. cooper have email addresses and if he does, does he check it. i have some good ideas i would like to run by him.

"To Oz"---Jack O'Neill

"So, Merrin, I understand you're a reactor expert?"
                              "Yes."
                              "How old are you?"
                              "I'm eleven. How old are you?"
                              "So Merrin, I understand you're a reactor expert."
                              - Merrin and O'Neill, "Learning Curve"

"This tastes like chicken."
                              "What's wrong with that?"
                              "It's macaroni and cheese."
                              - Daniel and Carter, forced to tuck into combat rations

O'Neill: It's "O'Neill," with two L's. There's another Colonel O'Neil with only one L, and he has no sense of humor at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                                my opinion is , that the 3rd series will be in a distant future with ships and stuff but still the stargate. TPTB copied the Virtual Fleet !!!! OUR STUFF IS COPYRIGHTED !!!!!

jk
                                I'm also hoping for this kinda of concept/idea. Personally I hope it totally different and unique, and with a whole new cast (no recycling please) but of course still maintaining the Stagate flavour.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X