This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
    In related news, it was announced today that Battlestar Galactica will be moving to Sunday nights on January 21st. It's lead-in will be the new Dresden Files.

No word on the Stargates.
    Hmmm. I watch SciFi on Fridays to unwind after a long week. Sunday nights I'm gearing up for work the next day, and the resident teen is packing up weekend work for school. We watch "The Simpsons" but that's about it. Usually the TV isn't even on Sunday nights at my house. Might be a bad move on Skiffy's part.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I wonder, does this eman they've given up their idea of a "Scifi Friday" completely? Would they keep Doctor Who on Fridays, or move it to Sundays as well?
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        I wonder, does this eman they've given up their idea of a "Scifi Friday" completely? Would they keep Doctor Who on Fridays, or move it to Sundays as well?
        Doctor Who's season is 13 episodes only, so by the end of January it will be over.
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Do they bring back the Gates on Sunday in March or on Friday's in January?

The way it stands now it looks like SG-1's last 10 episodes will air in the UK before the US. And the US is where Sci Fi's audience is. That kind of devalues them for Sci Fi since any of their audience on the internet will already know what those episodes are about and how the series ends before they air on Sci Fi and people will find a way to download. If they bring them back on Friday in January they should get first run of those episodes...

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little View Post
            The way it stands now it looks like SG-1's last 10 episodes will air in the UK before the US. And the US is where Sci Fi's audience is. That kind of devalues them for Sci Fi since any of their audience on the internet will already know what those episodes are about and how the series ends before they air on Sci Fi and people will find a way to download.
            Actually UK was ALWAYS (with the exception of last year) getting the second half of the season earlier than USA, not only SG-1 (if you noticed, Canadian Movie Central channel just started airing the second half of SGA yesterday. Also Farscape when the show was still on air, BBC2 was airing the second half of the season BEFORE SciFi channel. So it's nothing unusual. These who really LOVE the show, will be watching the episodes AGAIN when they will be aired on SciFi, even if they d/load them earlier.
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by BPC View Post
              maybe that is an issue but then again I could say the same thing about their highly touted "new show" from Season 10 that Roobert Cooper and his posse all couldn't say enough about and the only change would be to say "that utter, dismal bunk from Season 10" which didn't fare any better then BSG so why not go with the proven winner and use the original, classic, real Stargate SG-1 when it was Stargate SG-1 and a good show that actually drew good ratings for a small, niche cable channel to help boost BSG.
              The ratings SG-1 went out on this season were higher than BSG's current ratings, even though BSG gets a load of advertising in comparison.

I'm sure many would disagree with your comments on the new season, IMO it was better than 9 AND 8.

Comment

Maybe they'll keep the "shows for people without lives" on Fridays. That leaves the 'Gates on Fridays and maybe Dr. Who.

They'll put the "shows for people with lives" on Sundays, so that their ratings aren't as effected by people going out.

I've read that 40-50% more Men 18-34 watch TV on Sunday nights than watch it on Friday nights.

But, from the comments I've read on Stargate fanboards over the last few days complaining about the move to Sunday for BSG. most Stargate fans seem to be the type who NEVER go out on Friday and go to bed early on Sunday. Maybe SciFi is reading here too and will classify Stargate as a show to stay on Fridays as result.

Comment

Maybe SciFi is reading here too and will classify Stargate as a show to stay on Fridays as result.
                  I hope so
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe they'll keep the "shows for people without lives" on Fridays. That leaves the 'Gates on Fridays and maybe Dr. Who.

They'll put the "shows for people with lives" on Sundays, so that their ratings aren't as effected by people going out.

I've read that 40-50% more Men 18-34 watch TV on Sunday nights than watch it on Friday nights.

But, from the comments I've read on Stargate fanboards over the last few days complaining about the move to Sunday for BSG. most Stargate fans seem to be the type who NEVER go out on Friday and go to bed early on Sunday. Maybe SciFi is reading here too and will classify Stargate as a show to stay on Fridays as result.
                    Wait, I thought all science fiction fans are automatically in the "peopel without lives" category!

Well, at least now we know Stargate fans are special
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                    X