This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Monkey52 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has asked this, but any news on a sale date?
    We're still hoping to open the doors before Christmas, but we have a couple more hoops to jump through first! Stay tuned.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      We're still hoping to open the doors before Christmas, but we have a couple more hoops to jump through first! Stay tuned.
      Run, run, run....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

I just want to know so I can be there to buy one. With my luck I never end up being able to buy stuff like this...
        *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
        Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

To my knowledge, the book purchase is not tax deductible since Stargate Productions and GateWorld will each be making the charity donations. Check with your financial advisor, of course.

Charities have yet to be determined, though I know the studio has their set of favorites.
          If the studio and GW are taking the deductions, I do not believe the fan will be able to take any deduction. Of course, the exact amount of money from the single copy of book would have to be known (as in how much $$ from each book goes to charity) too.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=270065336916

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, but I already managed to acquire a cast-signed copy. This one on eBay looks legit though - I'm sure it will make someone a fine Christmas present!

Comment

this is the only thing left for me to get for Christmas ......i can't wait hope i'm on and i get a copy in time before you run out
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Stupid stupid question... but they're not all going to be up on eBay, right? We will have the opportunity to purchase them here?

Only reason I ask is because I don't seem to have much luck on eBay what with "snipers" outbidding me 15 seconds before auctions close, the price going way above what I can afford (and the $200 for this baby will DEFINITELY be a Christmas present to myself, lol), etc....
                  Last edited by JessM; 07 December 2006, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Yep, we will be selling them at GateWorld via a new Yahoo! Store.

They were given out as crew gifts at the 200th episode party in August, so it's inevitable that of the several hundred now in circulation a few will make their way to ebay.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

So the books you have announced are not out yet?

Comment

Yep, we will be selling them at GateWorld via a new Yahoo! Store.

They were given out as crew gifts at the 200th episode party in August, so it's inevitable that of the several hundred now in circulation a few will make their way to ebay.
                        Okay, thanks for the info Darren!

Comment

Some are also being sold privately; not everyone wants to be as public as eBay. I got mine on the QT.

An hour til the eBay one sells, and it's still at a bargain price! I'll be interested to see what it goes for.

Comment

Originally posted by Findo View Post
                            Some are also being sold privately; not everyone wants to be as public as eBay. I got mine on the QT.

An hour til the eBay one sells, and it's still at a bargain price! I'll be interested to see what it goes for.
                            well, about 5 minutes left and it's not even $100 yet - sounds like a bargain for whoever gets it!!

Comment

Just ended at a little over $200...doesn't look like much of a bargain anymore when you figure in shipping...

I have to ask Findo... what is the "QT"? I am hopelessly clueless.

Comment

I tried to bid on it but missed out. The attractive aspect of this particular auction is that the shipper is in Canada, as am I. If I order items from the States, a big fat custom charge gets slapped in top of it.

p.s. On the "QT" means quietly, secretly. As opposed to an Ebay auction.

Comment

Working...
                                X