Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe that I just purchased it. I don't think it was worth 200. I didn't even think law school books were worth 200 dollars. However, like so many other people that have gotten it or will get it, I knew that it was something that I would likely regret not getting.

Comment

yahoo store only takes visa??? .....what about the rest of us that use mastercard or some other type of credit card/debit card. ?????

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
        I don't believe that I just purchased it. I don't think it was worth 200. I didn't even think law school books were worth 200 dollars. However, like so many other people that have gotten it or will get it, I knew that it was something that I would likely regret not getting.
        Thanks for the update Darren! I just ordered mine.

Sabrina: Law school books are not worth $200.00. They're printed and reprinted by the thousands and I'll wager that not a one is a collectors item.

This is something special. And while I also had that moment of "Holy crap! $200?!" before I clicked the ORDER button, I knew I would have regretted not doing so.

Syfy: Where science fiction goes to die...

Comment

THE $200 is nothing ( i make that up in one check) but it would be nice to have more paymeant options the next time you decide to sell something.

Comment

Well Darren, I think you had good timing with the release of the book. With all the delays I had lost interest in buying it. That is, until I saw the series finale last night and got a little teary-eyed at seeing them go through the gate one last time. Also, the Canadian dollar is currently quite strong vs. the US, making the final cost to me that much more favourable. Thanks!

Helen

Comment

Alright, thanks for the update Darren!

Just got mine... $200 is a pretty special case for me. I have shelled out more than that for memorabilia in auctions, but not much more and very rarely. It's not something I do everyday, but I know it will be well worth it (and glancing at those pics you provided even more so! ).

Comment

Hey Darren, maybe I'm blind but can you list the cost for shipping? Thanks.

Comment

I really want one i just dont have enough money barley have £20 at the moment so cant get one maybe if you had a competition for someone to win 1 that would be good
                  I see that its in a gate world store could that be a sign of more gateworld / stargate mechindess coming from gateworld like the gateworld t-shirts
                  sigpic
                  Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                  Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by windy View Post
                    I was charged $21.05 US for shipping to Canada. Presumably if you're in the continental US, shipping will be less than that.

Comment

This picture is so funny:
                      http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-...ok-page11.html

I could recognize only Christopher Judge, Brad Wrigth, Amanda Tapping and Don S. Davis!
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by windy View Post
                        The cost for shipping to the UK is $32.20.
                        sigpic

Comment

I bought one this morning but I still haven't gotten an e-mail notification even though my credit card has been charged...
                          *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
                          Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

i have a feeling this book wont sell all that good

Comment

Originally posted by SGA4ever View Post
                              yahoo store only takes visa??? .....what about the rest of us that use mastercard or some other type of credit card/debit card. ?????
                              It doesn't take MasterCard? Well, heck, that sucks for those of us who don't have a gazillion cards. but I saw a Paypal thing - doesn't that take M/C, etc?

Comment

Although the book is overpriced in terms of its actual value, and it probably won't be a traditional "collector's item" because it will not have a high resale value, I think that it well sell out. The way I look at it, people pay for Creation gold tickets year after year even if they have already seen the actors and obtained the signatures. People also purchase set visits even if they have already seen the sets. I confess, I am one of those individuals and I have seen some of the same people each year. Some people even make costumes so that they can dress like the actors. Although there is not a huge quantity of people in relation to the U.S. population that will make these expenditures, if the initial printing is 1000 I think it will sell out because I am sure that there are at least 1000 people that have paid for creation tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X