This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    That "moonbase" for Atlantis looked pretty interesting as well. Can't wait to see that one used.

I was a bit disappointed on how short it was but it was fun, all for charity! I really wanted to see them turn on the gate lights lol. There were no pictures allowed, they even asked us to turn off our phones. The shows were all delayed by 10-20 minutes and it ran a little short too (imo).

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
      >_> can you get an official statement or something? I'm still waiting on the email i sent them regarding pic taking...plus the Ori galaxy village has been seen already....

Well if you go there, at the gate there's a sign that says "No cell phones" and "No cameras". Then when you get to the stage, there's more signs of the same. And, all through the tour, you are told the same. So it's pretty clear no pictures!

Last year when I went we were allowed to but we didn't really see anything "spoilery" The only stargate set we were on was the village at the end where they did some cool battle scene.

But at some points on some nights they were selling pictures of you in the puddle jumper seats (the cool front ones!), all proceeds to charity!
      sine sine cosine sine,
      three point one four one five nine!
      Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
      [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
      This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cru View Post
        Spoiler:
        That "moonbase" for Atlantis looked pretty interesting as well. Can't wait to see that one used.

I was a bit disappointed on how short it was but it was fun, all for charity! I really wanted to see them turn on the gate lights lol. There were no pictures allowed, they even asked us to turn off our phones. The shows were all delayed by 10-20 minutes and it ran a little short too (imo).
        Um, short? Over 40 minutes is a short time? The reason it was so delayed was because the tour guides and actors kept throwing stuff in and making the tour longer and more fun for the audience and for themselves.

For something that is completely volunteer created and run, I thought that it was quite a big show. We had over 300 volunteers (volunteers, mind you, no one was paid to do this) that worked their butts off to pull this off. It was much, much bigger than last year's and involved over 4 separate sets whereas last year there were only 2 at the most.

The General Manager told us that if they took into account the volunteers, the sets, the props, and the supplies it took to do this, and actually paid everyone and for everything, they would have to charge 500$ for each ticket. For a 40 minute show. Tickets were only 15$.

Anyways, I didn't snap any pics this year. I was too afraid to bring my camera and start taking pictures of stuff in case someone would take it away. Sorry! I agree, the Atlantis bridge was a LOT smaller than it looks on tv, I was surprised at how small it was. But the stargate was pretty darn cool. I laughed at the situation of the Atlantis set that used to be a Blade: Trinity set and how Atlantis bought it for a dollar so they could use it.

I feel sorry for the cleanup crew who has to clean up all those stages and restore the sets. I know the generator room was trashed. Part of the generator's base was kicked and kicked by the audience until bits and pieces of styrofoam started to come off. We broke a few pillars and knocked stuff over all the time in the dark. The village window edges kept getting kicked and knocked and chunks kept coming off. And there were empty water bottles EVERYWHERE. Sorry guys!

Comment

Originally posted by weirdchylde View Post
          Um, short? Over 40 minutes is a short time? The reason it was so delayed was because the tour guides and actors kept throwing stuff in and making the tour longer and more fun for the audience and for themselves.

For something that is completely volunteer created and run, I thought that it was quite a big show. We had over 300 volunteers (volunteers, mind you, no one was paid to do this) that worked their butts off to pull this off. It was much, much bigger than last year's and involved over 4 separate sets whereas last year there were only 2 at the most.

The General Manager told us that if they took into account the volunteers, the sets, the props, and the supplies it took to do this, and actually paid everyone and for everything, they would have to charge 500$ for each ticket. For a 40 minute show. Tickets were only 15$.

Anyways, I didn't snap any pics this year. I was too afraid to bring my camera and start taking pictures of stuff in case someone would take it away. Sorry! I agree, the Atlantis bridge was a LOT smaller than it looks on tv, I was surprised at how small it was. But the stargate was pretty darn cool. I laughed at the situation of the Atlantis set that used to be a Blade: Trinity set and how Atlantis bought it for a dollar so they could use it.

I feel sorry for the cleanup crew who has to clean up all those stages and restore the sets. I know the generator room was trashed. Part of the generator's base was kicked and kicked by the audience until bits and pieces of styrofoam started to come off. We broke a few pillars and knocked stuff over all the time in the dark. The village window edges kept getting kicked and knocked and chunks kept coming off. And there were empty water bottles EVERYWHERE. Sorry guys!
          General cleanup was done today. I had called the Events Coordinator for Variety (I forgot my hat on Stage 1, which was the Volunteering stage) and she said that they were doing cleanup today.

I was so lucky. I was SFX Blade Set end (AKA Ori Village End Doors) and got an explosion every 10 minutes. So fun.

Comment

[QUOTE=weirdchylde;5960257]Um, short? Over 40 minutes is a short time? The reason it was so delayed was because the tour guides and actors kept throwing stuff in and making the tour longer and more fun for the audience and for themselves.

I hope you can pass on a big thankyou to all who made the event a very enjoyable thing for me and for my husband who is not a Stargate fan.(I am working on him, but it's like the Ori trying to convert Earth to Origin!!) He did say the Atlantis gate was impressive.

I did wonder about the cost of staging it and the fact that it was only $15 a head to get in. I certainly would have paid more as it was for charity. I thought the tour actually went on for longer than I expected it would.

A fantastic job by all involved, and just thought I'd let you know that the effort has been appreciated. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Aremith View Post
              I was so lucky. I was SFX Blade Set end (AKA Ori Village End Doors) and got an explosion every 10 minutes. So fun.
              Really? What's your name? I was a zombie in the graveyard and the Blade set. I was there every day.

Comment

Originally posted by weirdchylde View Post

I'm not saying that it was a bad show but our set tour ran a bit shorter than 40 mins . Not saying I'm not grateful, I've given to charities before (without expecting a set tour in return) and I know it's all for a good cause, was just saying I felt our tour was a bit short. I can totally understand though as it was 9:30 on a Saturday night when we got started. People from my school did the make-up/wardrobe. And yes, I know you volunteers weren't paid but you all did an excellent job none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by spinspinspin View Post
                  But at some points on some nights they were selling pictures of you in the puddle jumper seats (the cool front ones!), all proceeds to charity!
                  you have so gotta be frakking kidding me...i missed taht!!! T_T I gotta volunteer next time

Comment

Working...
                  X