This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aremith View Post
    Not of the SG:A Set, for sure. At the Volunteer Orientation, we were told no. Damn. I wanted to take a picture of the Stargate so much.
    well, someone got a few pics!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36806

Comment

Yeah, that was me. The Puddle Jumper was in the waiting area, so some of us got a few pics of it while waiting for everyone to arrive. In the Atlantis set, we were explicitly told no to taking pictures of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aremith View Post
        Yeah, that was me. The Puddle Jumper was in the waiting area, so some of us got a few pics of it while waiting for everyone to arrive. In the Atlantis set, we were explicitly told no to taking pictures of it.
        I've never really understood that, since everybody can see the set on their TV sets.....

Comment

how about the ori village? can we take pics of that?

Comment

I'm guessing there's some sets that haven't been aired on tv yet

Comment

It is after all a family Halloween night thing isn't it? Why can't we take pictures?

Comment

http://www.burnabynewsleader.com/por...d=755161&more=

excerpt:

Hollywood North’s Halloween a hot ticket

For the second year, the local film industry’s take on Halloween is one of the hottest tickets in town.

Dubbed Halloween Haunt, the event runs from Oct. 27-31 at Bridge Studios (2400 Boundary Road) in Burnaby where four sets used for the sci-fi TV series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis have been made over for fright-filled tours. On Thursday, all the public tour times had been sold out within days of going on sale, leaving only some school tour slots available. This after the numbers of dates and times was doubled from last year, said Brigitte Prochaska, co-producer of the event

full article at link above

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                  how about the ori village? can we take pics of that?
                  I took pictures of that set (although it was very different) last year, so I don't think it will be a problem this year. They probably don't want pictures taken of the Stargate because it's a principal set and it's reserved for official photo releases or something or other. I know when we went on the performer's orientation some guy was snapping pictures of the Stargate on his cell phone. But that was a very casual tour, so I can see why no one stopped him, whereas the volunteer tours were much larger and more coordinators were around to say no..

I don't think the public will be able to take pictures of the Haunt during the tour because it will be so dark and if there's a million flashes all the time the performers will be blinded or startled and that's all kinds of bad because we need to see in near total darkness in some places.

Comment

i'll still take my camera and ask

Comment

Originally posted by Cru View Post
                      I'm guessing there's some sets that haven't been aired on tv yet
                      Yeppers....there was a whole ship built for just one episode of Atlantis, but it's gone now......and the "village" and the "cave" is gone too. However, if I lived in or near Burnaby ( which I probably will next year), I'd get a ticket......it should be a blast! As for taking pics on set, it's a tad difficult, much easier on location. To everyone that's going, have a BLAST!!!!!!!
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Actually, you can't take photos. A fellow extra tried to take a picture and this woman who happened to be going by (who really wasn't very nice at all) took his camera away and kept it. I suppose they really don't want people releasing amateur photos on the internet before the event is on because it will spoil the tour for a lot of people. They also had several official photo takers taking pictures last night.

Last year the only reason I think I was able to take pictures was because it was after the very last tour on the last day. I'll ask if I can do that again this year.

Comment

[QUOTE=weirdchylde;5938549]Actually, you can't take photos.
                          [QUOTE]
                          >_> can you get an official statement or something? I'm still waiting on the email i sent them regarding pic taking...plus the Ori galaxy village has been seen already....

Comment

went yesterday...the Atlantis gateroom isn't as big as I expected it to be. But still kinda cool. Martin Gero's got his own parking space.

Comment

Went yesterday too. Really enjoyed it, both the Stargate part and the Halloween performances!!

Loved seeing and sitting in the puddle jumper. The Atlantis gateroom set was amazing despite being small as you noted Korean Turtle. The gate was bigger than I imagined though, it looked really impressive.

The Ori galaxy town set reminded me of some of the 16th century buildings we had in the town I used to live in before I left the UK to live here in the wonderful land of Stargate!!

Comment

i was dissapointed at what i saw in the so called "ori village". But i liked that big bang. I saw the puddle jumper too. That seemed a little smaller as well. And the forward compartment was different. I'll have to keep my eye out for that Atlantis set. The one that hasen't been used apparently. Also, when i was with the tour, the guide forgot to mention Paul, so i was like "you forgot Paul Mcgillian!"

Comment

Working...
                                X