This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't.
    Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
    O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      The article said "most likely for DVD." There's no confirmation that it's straight to DVD yet.
      What?
      The news on the Gateworld home page says...

MGM has given a green light for the show's creators to produce two direct-to-DVD movies based on SG-1. Executive producer Brad Wright let TV Guide in on the news this week.

Comment

Hmmm direct to DVD movies you say? Where do I pre-order?
        Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
        Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

I'm just glad they are shooting for fall 2007 for a release
          no long time waiting for them

Comment

If you think about it, the two movies are basically two two-part episodes. MGM found a loophole around the first-run episode part of the contract, but that doesn't stop Sci-Fi from not airing them. While it is true that said contract only pertains to SG-1, Sci-Fi also retains the Atlantis contract and they have a proposed deal for a third series once the producers decide to do it.

These two movies are not related to the Dean Devlin movies that he has planned. It is possible, however, that Devlin will hire some of the cast and crew of the series to help him plan his two movies. It is also possible that Devlin's movies will be the basis for the third spinoff series down the road. What this means is that it may not be until those two movies are made (2009 and beyond (2014?)) before a third series is made.

Back to the SG-1 movies: If Wright says that time travel is part of the second movie, then it will more than likely happen. As far as Daniel and Vala being part of the third series, see above for an explanation. It may happen or it may not depending on what both Wright and Devlin have in mind.

This is a long term project (the Devlin movies) that may impact what SG-1 does and will definitely impact where SG-1 ends up. All of what I'm about to say is mere speculation:

Devlin did say that he wanted to pick up O'Neill's storyline after the original movie and add 12 years to it. At that rate, assuming Devlin takes the series into account, a second movie would take place in the summer of '09. This brings at least two questions up:

1. Who will play O'Neill? RDA or Kurt Russell?
            2. Will the original members of SG-1 (i.e., the series regulars) be a part of the movies.

From there, other questions come up. Will the questions be addressed?.
            "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
              Hmmm direct to DVD movies you say? Where do I pre-order?
              Any movie retailer. Duh.

Expect the DVDs to come out in early '08. If they do a fall '07, that means I have to spend 100 bucks. 50 for S10 and 25 for each movie.
              Last edited by SGVern; 12 October 2006, 01:27 PM. Reason: misread

Comment

Darn. I wanted to sit in a theatre with lots of SG fans.

Well...whatever ties the story up, I suppose.
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

It's entirely possible that there will be a door left open at the end of the second direct-to-dvd movie. That will give Devlin a place to start. Fear not, Osiris-RA, your dreams of sitting in a theatre are not dead. Read my longer post for more info.

Comment

I don't want to tread on the hope that the 'OMG DVD Movies!' crowd is having but I have a bad feeling they're gonna go Enterprise on us.

There is no way you can end an enemy like the Ori satisfactorily in a 2 hour movie. It would be like trying to make a 2 hour movie on how SG-1 beat the Goa'uld.

Comment

They can set up the first movie about the Ori in the series finale. Since they have already had two years to set up the demise of the Ori.

: Green is Good.
                      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I like the sound of the first movie, but the second... FFS how **** are timetravel eps!?!

Comment

yup first movie sounds good, but as for time travel movie i think it will be a huge mistake.
                          ill take sg1 in any form but plz stear clear of doing time travel, the eps they did were poor imo.
                          moebius ranks as one of the worst eps for me.
                          to me these eps feel fake, with a few excellent writers at their disposal im sure they can come up with a hell of a story

Comment

Originally posted by SGVern View Post
                            These two movies are not related to the Dean Devlin movies that he has planned. It is possible, however, that Devlin will hire some of the cast and crew of the series to help him plan his two movies. It is also possible that Devlin's movies will be the basis for the third spinoff series down the road. What this means is that it may not be until those two movies are made (2009 and beyond (2014?)) before a third series is made.
                            on what both Wright and Devlin have in mind.

This is a long term project (the Devlin movies) that may impact what SG-1 does and will definitely impact where SG-1 ends up. All of what I'm about to say is mere speculation:

Devlin did say that he wanted to pick up O'Neill's storyline after the original movie and add 12 years to it. At that rate, assuming Devlin takes the series into account, a second movie would take place in the summer of '09. This brings at least two questions up:

1. Who will play O'Neill? RDA or Kurt Russell?
                            2. Will the original members of SG-1 (i.e., the series regulars) be a part of the movies.

From there, other questions come up. Will the questions be addressed?.
                            Delvin has indicated previously that if he was to do more stargate movies that he would do them as though SG-1 had never happened and doesn't support the show. So I doubt his films will have any impact whatsoever on Sg-1's future.

Come and visit the Daniel/ Vala Forum

SAVE SG-1 CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION

Comment

Well, I'm thrilled about the two movies, although I'll hold out cheering outright until all cast members are signed up for the movies. It won't be the same if Amanda, Michael, or Chris are absent. I also want Ben and Claudia as part of the mix - and RDA if he's willing to do it. So, I'm hoping they all scribble their names down on those contracts. THEN . . .

I hope they start filming immediately so that I can enjoy them late next year 2007. I'm going to be chomping at the bit after the series finale episode unspools waiting for the wrap up of the Ori storyline in the movies.

Also, MGM mentioned that they have agreed to two SG-1 movies, but I don't recall them stating that it was going to be two 2-hour movies. Is it possible that each can be a miniseries? Maybe three or four hours each? Well, I can hope. With regard to time travel, I think SG-1 has done much better in alternate reality episodes. However, at this point, I'll take anything they want to throw at me.

Lastly, I do realize that the cast of SG-1 is going to want to move on to other things, and retaining them to continue in the SG-1 universe may be very wishful thinking on my part. I'm just not as excited about seeing another Stargate spinoff that doesn't include the cast of SG-1. Now that might change, but frankly, it hasn't so far. I like Atlantis somewhat, but I'm hardly in love with it.

It'll be interesting to see where everything ends up next year. Will MGM continue to invest in SG-1? Will the cast sign on for additional movies? Will it be TV or theatrical movies? Will the cast go their own ways for different projects with MGM starting a new spinoff? Who knows. I do know one thing: I'm not interested in a Devlin movie. If it never gets made, I won't care. I can't say the same for anything related to SG-1. See, that's my problem.

Comment

The way I see it, the first movie will be the grandious, epic movie about defeating the Ori. It'll be like Lost City in scope and be praised as an excellent addition to SG-1.

The second movie will be the swan song for fans. What better way to relive 10 years and make note of SG-1's accomplishments than Time travel? I personally enjoyed Mobieus and thought it would have been a great way to end the series. If nothing else, time travel (backwards) will allow Abydos to be in it.

As for a two hour movie on the defeat of the Goa'uld? Watch Reckoning. SG-1 didn't defeat them as a whole, that was Anubis ad Replicators.

Comment

Working...
                                X