Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very excited about the movies!! Can't wait until more news starts emerging. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and the entire cast will return.

I'm quite excited that they're going to do another story after wrapping up the Ori plot although I hope the story and time travel fits in well with where the series has gone over the last 10 years and really ends SG-1 properly.
    Last edited by Carl; 13 October 2006, 01:27 PM.
    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Didn't see "Reckoning" I see.
      After one theatrical film and eight seasons, plus books, the Goa'uld are largely defeated - by almost sheer luck in fact, if it had not been up to the Replicators.

The Ori? Two seasons.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Re: TV Guide - SG-1 OK'd for Two Films

Originally posted by phimuajedi69 View Post
        So this is the first I've heard about this contract, but if that contract pertains solely to Stargate: SG-1 episodes then maybe the time travel is a bit of a reset to get the series out from under Sci Fi, they go back (fill in rest of story here) and when the movie is over things have changed a bit and suddenly SG teams are denoted by roman numerals or something... SG-I or Stargate Command continues on another channel.

^-- Wishful thinking, i know, the contract is probably a lot tighter than that.
        We'd probably all go blind or die from starvation trying to read those kind of contracts. I've got the timeline of the cancellation with releveant quotes, etc. at http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/18361.html#cutid1

Aug 28 2006 - http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6366152.html -
        NO NEW EPISODES Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming at Sci Fi, said in an interview last week that series producer Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. is contractually prevented from making any new episodes of the show to air on other U.S. channels, so that’s not a viable option for hopeful fans to pursue. “There is not going to be [an 11th season] on U.S. television,” Stern said flatly. “Our contract with MGM prohibits it.” “We don’t look at Stargate SG-1 as a TV show, but a franchise,” the MGM spokesman, Jeff Pryor, said. “It is our intention to vigorously find a find way to extend the franchise.” … Pryor said MGM was evaluating other potential distribution outlets. “We want to move forward, but no negotiations have taken place” at this time, he added.

Anyway, Scifi does own a piece of Stargate SG1 (moreso with SGA) so apparently something has been negotiated, which makes me wonder if MGM, who will probably foot the bill for the movies entirely, won't want to try to get a chunk of advertising revenue and offer up a special "see the stargate movie" night on SciFi. AFter all, SciFi wants to make money. They could probably do well with one showing before it goes to DVD.

Comment

So I have been thinknig about this. The first movie closes the Ori Storyline which seems quick but whatever I hate the Ori.

Now why would you do 2 movies instead of 3?

I think it is likely that the first will close up things and the second will lead into a spinoff.

And I like how people think this comes as a supposed and that SG-1 is saved. They have for 5 years said it would continue!

Comment

We know the original cast will sign on for the movies, but what about RDA? He has said in the past he'd be interested in a Stargate movie. I'm expecting (hoping) for him to sign on for at least the second movie, as i suspect that will be an "original SG-1" movie, a good way to finish off the series as a whole. The first movie will probably be to wrap up the Ori storyline for those who are following seasons 9 and 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled View Post
              We know the original cast will sign on for the movies, but what about RDA? He has said in the past he'd be interested in a Stargate movie. I'm expecting (hoping) for him to sign on for at least the second movie, as i suspect that will be an "original SG-1" movie, a good way to finish off the series as a whole. The first movie will probably be to wrap up the Ori storyline for those who are following seasons 9 and 10.
              personally i wouldn't want RDA in the first movie he has nothing to do with the ori stroyline

i'm all game for him in the second movie
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Re: TV Guide - SG-1 OK'd for Two Films

Originally posted by Qtyled View Post
                I wouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched. All the contracts will no doubt be renegotiated for the movies, and who's to say someone might decide not to go with the movies? It all depends on the scripts, etc. As for RDA, I can't see him carrying the movie. Short guest star appearance, maybe, but Mitchell should be the front-runner for the team.

If they wrap up the Ori storyline, that leaves no villains (I dread the "oh god, a villain worse than the Ori, worse than the Goa'uld!").

Wish that Multichannel would put out an article on this as they've been pretty good about covering Stargate (having broken the news of Scifi's "sorry, we don't want SG1 anymore"), but alas, nothing on their site yet. Maybe TV Guide will keep up the coverage...

Comment

To be honest one of the few things that might convince me to pay for this stuff is if mitchell is gone, and best case scenario if Vala is gone. Otherwise I will be hard pressed to spend any money on this for fear that we will get the same kind of bunk we got in Seasons 9 and 10 because of these two really awful characters. It was free when I was watching it on sci-fi (until I dropped watching the show altogether) since I had cable for the other channels anyway it's not like I paid for cable for the patheticness that is sci-fi but paying for the kind of cr*p they passed off as Stargate Sg-1 in Season 9 -10 on DVD just isn't in my psyche.

Comment

I'm very excited about this news. Although I am hesitant about a time traveling movie...especially after the crazyness of "Moebius".
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i was thinking about this...

what if the first movie ends with the ori winning the war... and the second movie -the time travel one- is about them going back in time to stop themselves from ever meeting the ori to begin with?
                      I agree that this is the best case scenario, if they use the time travel plot as such. It would be good, but would suffer a number of flaws...such as, the Ori having already had a mention on Atlantis, how they could spend the entire movie about the time travelling (which would only take a few seconds), if time travel is possible, what's to stop the Ori from following suit...on that note, why haven't they done it?

Either way, I'm against the time travel idea becasue to me, these movies are a special oppurtunity to do something great with the Sg-1 series, and they want to blow it on something trivial like time travel.
                      Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                      O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Time travel movie? Hell yes! Moebius was one of my favorite episodes. I wonder how they'll go through time though. They the fate of Janus's PJ up to interpretation, since we didn't see it get destroyed. I have a feeling that there's going to be some retconning of the events in the Ori storyline near the end of season 10. And that can be pretty funny (for proof, watch Red vs Blue, episodes 49-53)
                        Right now, anything that goes straight to DVD is great for me, since that's the only legal source I have ATM (iTunes is evil)
                        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                        Caboose: They could be worse?
                        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Im really pulling for the return of RDA in the movies, atleast one. Probably not the Ori one, because well, he doesnt need to be the hero in that. But maybe the other ones.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            Wish that Multichannel would put out an article on this as they've been pretty good about covering Stargate (having broken the news of Scifi's "sorry, we don't want SG1 anymore"), but alas, nothing on their site yet. Maybe TV Guide will keep up the coverage...
                            If it's not going to air on a cable network, it wouldn't be relevant to Multichannel News, since that's a trade magazine for the cable/satellite industry. So, I wouldn't expect it there.

If the deal actually gets "official", it would more likely show up in a general entertainment magazine like Variety or Hollywood Reporter.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                              If it's not going to air on a cable network, it wouldn't be relevant to Multichannel News, since that's a trade magazine for the cable/satellite industry. So, I wouldn't expect it there.

If the deal actually gets "official", it would more likely show up in a general entertainment magazine like Variety or Hollywood Reporter.

Good point. Thanks for mentioning that. And well, neither of those magaiznes has had anything to say about this development.

Right now, according to TV Guide, MGM has given them money to make two movies, but for TV or DVD, it's not known. Heck, the actors haven't even signed yet. Wonder how long that will take....

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                                After one theatrical film and eight seasons, plus books, the Goa'uld are largely defeated - by almost sheer luck in fact, if it had not been up to the Replicators.

The Ori? Two seasons.
                                The Goa'uld "arc" was very meandering and spread out over the first 8 years. Not only that, but whole "Goa'uld stories" would end after a few seasons. I.e. We dealt with Apophis first, then Anubis, and in between we went on random, one-off adventures. If we compress the first 8 years into just the eps that dealt directly with defeating Goa'ulds, we'll end up with a pretty short time too.

The Ori arc, however, was pretty serialized from the very beginning. Not much compression can happen here without loosing a huge chunk of the story.

Comment

Working...
                                X